Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the other poster above pointed out, it was fake news anyway.
The side effects of the prescription drug are real and documented
The fact they took something that sounded like it doesn't change what I wrote about the dangers of someone like the President of a country saying this drug is a miracle and will cure you

Lets hope Clive didnt buy us all 1 millions doses

Clive Palmer says he’ll pay for more than one million doses of a malaria drug that could help fight coronavirus.

According to early studies, Hydroxychloroquine could prevent or reduce the severity of illness in those who contract COVID-19

Apparently he got written authorization from the Government to buy it for the National stockpile. Wonder if he's making a tidy profit while pretending to care about the Australian people...

This has already been debunked as fake news but thank you for helping point out how garbage The Guardian is.

Guess you didn't read the Guardian article then

Literally the first paragraph in the aritcle

A Phoenix-area man has died and his wife was in critical condition after the couple took chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks that is also found in an anti-malaria medication touted by Donald Trump as a treatment for Covid-19.

Guess you didn't read the Guardian article then

Literally the first paragraph in the aritcle
No I don't read that rag.

Why should I bother reading any part of an article when they use such a misleading headline?

Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus 'cure'
Wife survives after couple in their 60s ingested chloroquine phosphate, which Trump falsely claimed was approved to treat coronavirus

Yeah well I live my family, still have my job and not in financial trouble and am still finding it tough to get adjusted and stay motivated to all this s**t going on right now

Could just imagine how bad some people are feeling who would really be in trouble

Everyone is doing it tough.

The idea is that we all sacrifice a little so that people may live. It's really not that hard. The Queen mentioned her experience living through WW2 - you can obviously claim she was always well off as a member of the royal family etc etc but in tough times where you aren't certain when it all ends you stick together and hopefully come out stronger after it's all over - because it will eventually be over.

Moaning about not being able to hold a party or visit your holiday house over Easter is trivial. Mental health is a real issue but in this it must come secondary to public health.

I think we will only get to stage 4 or 5 if dicks start being dicks
The gov know this. Deep down we know it’s gonna happen. Just matter of when.

The word I’m getting when I speak to everyday people is this 5g conspiracy. People are adamant all this is about radiation in the airways. 5 G is dangerous etc etc .. people are saying this in casual conversations I’ve had.
Also no trust in Governments or the media at all.

Weird times we in.

No I don't read that rag.

Why should I bother reading any part of an article when they use such a misleading headline?

Arizona man dies after attempting to take Trump coronavirus 'cure'
Wife survives after couple in their 60s ingested chloroquine phosphate, which Trump falsely claimed was approved to treat coronavirus
So you'd rather spend time looking for a way to debunk an article than see if you actually need to?

Do you complain about the content of TV shows and movies that you don't watch as well?

Apparently he got written authorization from the Government to buy it for the National stockpile. Wonder if he's making a tidy profit while pretending to care about the Australian people...
There has to be payback for all the advertising to get them re-elected

So you'd rather spend time looking for a way to debunk an article than see if you actually need to?

Do you complain about the content of TV shows and movies that you don't watch as well?

Michigan Democratic state Rep. Karen Whitsett credited hydroxychloroquine and President Trump for her speedy recovery from COVID-19, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug, has been touted by the Trump administration as a potential key to treating the disease.

When asked by the Free Press if she thinks Trump may have saved her life, Whitsett said, "Yes, I do" and "I do thank him for that."

Michigan Democratic state Rep. Karen Whitsett credited hydroxychloroquine and President Trump for her speedy recovery from COVID-19, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug, has been touted by the Trump administration as a potential key to treating the disease.

When asked by the Free Press if she thinks Trump may have saved her life, Whitsett said, "Yes, I do" and "I do thank him for that."
That makes it real

Moving forward I'd like elements of social distancing to remain (eg the 1.5 - 2 meter spacing, its also common courtesy to not invade personal space!).

That was one of the culture shocks coming here from NZ. Aussies thought nothing of getting up close and in your face when talking to you. Hey! Get at least an arms length away! You're freaking me out, man!

That's good news for her and good to see.

It's also an anecdote. There is no corroboration of her story, no medical evidence and no guarantee it will work for everyone.

We see so many instances of I did this and I got better and I think the two are linked turn out to be wrong or in some cases lies.

FWIW I don't think she's lying but that doesn't mean she's right.

That's why clinical trials are being run. It would be great if this turns out to be a treatment that improves survival rates and reduces the number or length of severe cases.

That doesn't change the fact that politicians or other people making claims like miracle cure is dangerous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The side effects of the prescription drug are real and documented
The fact they took something that sounded like it doesn't change what I wrote about the dangers of someone like the President of a country saying this drug is a miracle and will cure you

Most philanthropy is profitable for the philanthropist. Very rarely do they do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Moving money to a charity they control offers better tax concessions, or they can easily lobby for law changes as that charity which helps their private investments. Clive has a profitable angle, it's a matter of what it is

That was one of the culture shocks coming here from NZ. Aussies thought nothing of getting up close and in your face when talking to you. Hey! Get at least an arms length away! You're freaking me out, man!
Where are people encountering these freaks constantly up in your face? I've never noticed it and I'm not someone who welcomes contact unnecessarily.

Who is that close in your face? Never happens. Most normal people speak to you from 1.5m away anyway in general conversation don't they

Most philanthropy is profitable for the philanthropist. Very rarely do they do it out of the goodness of their hearts. Moving money to a charity they control offers better tax concessions, or they can easily lobby for law changes as that charity which helps their private investments. Clive has a profitable angle, it's a matter of what it is
But he's profiting off a drug that we don't know if we need.
We are stockpiling a drug, spending millions on something we may never need or use.
And a rich bloke is making money off that, a bloke who should be in jail with every dollar he ever stole taken back. The damage he's done to Australia is massive

Imagine how boisterous Aussie travellers will be in 2022 if we come out as "the best performing nation" during the Covid 19 crisis.
We had those tourist ads before the fires. Maybe we can create a tourist ad out of that
"Come to Australia, best performing nation during Covid 19!"

We had those tourist ads before the fires. Maybe we can create a tourist ad out of that
"Come to Australia, best performing nation during Covid 19!"
Dont think we want anyone coming who might bring it.
It will be a domestic market for quite a while
Rosebud caravan park and a motel on the Goldy will be more like it

Interesting that in New York deaths at home have increased tenfold but they aren't testing for covid, so only including the deaths on the stats if the person previously tested positive

Interesting that in New York deaths at home have increased tenfold but they aren't testing for covid, so only including the deaths on the stats if the person previously tested positive
I think the Germans were doing that too with no autopsy too

I think the Germans were doing that too with no autopsy too
I'm sure some cases will be pretty clearly not related.
Some will be indirectly related.
Some will no doubt be missed deaths from the virus.

half the problem would be the sheer amount of effort needed to confirm whether they had it when resources are needed elsewhere.

We won't get a true account of the toll

I'm sure some cases will be pretty clearly not related.
Some will be indirectly related.
Some will no doubt be missed deaths from the virus.

half the problem would be the sheer amount of effort needed to confirm whether they had it when resources are needed elsewhere.

We won't get a true account of the toll
and thats probably the point for some nations
morale/propaganda and saving face come into play as well as over work and under staffed in a crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back