Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the people flouting the social distancing rules that will lead to more stringent rules,

No, it is the government who will pass more stringent rules, and they will blame the scapegoats, and people like you will fall for it.

Mental health is a real issue but in this it must come secondary to public health.

Are mental health and public health separate things now?

Are mental health and public health separate things now?

When it comes to the physical health of an entire society, yes.

One must be sacrificed on the altar of another in this situation. The alternative is business as usual to preserve people's mental health but is that palatable?

You don't think mental health and physical health are related? What exactly do you think substance abuse and suicide stems from?

The physical health of an entire society. See amended post.

Is this the hill you want to die on? What's your suggestion?

View attachment 854261

Different revenue raising avenues required with less speeding tickets going around I guess...
No, they clearly broke the rules. It isn't hard to follow them. Not sure why you're hell bent on defending these idiots continually flout them and think they're bigger than the law.

I will be blaming libertarians and clueless morons if it happens

Why would you blame Libertarians?

They are the one group who would have no trouble staying at home to keep away from the diseased masses. They don't like hanging around in big groups anyway.

It's the me first millennials are their ilk that want to still be able to party on like there's no issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, they clearly broke the rules. It isn't hard to follow them. Not sure why you're hell bent on defending these idiots continually flout them and think they're bigger than the law.
Get off your high horse ffs. Common sense says they're at school all day, what's the harm in playing PS4.
Spare me the 'It isn't essential' and think for yourself.

The shops are still rammed with people (mostly the elderly we are trying to protect), there's no harm in kids playing PS4 in a lounge

Get off your high horse ffs. Common sense says they're at school all day, what's the harm in playing PS4.

The shops are still rammed with people (mostly the elderly we are trying to protect), there's no harm in kids playing PS4 in a lounge

Video games aren't essential and nowhere in that excerpt you posted was it mentioned they were kids.

Also, it's school holidays in Victoria.

Why would you blame Libertarians?

They are the one group who would have no trouble staying at home to keep away from the diseased masses. They don't like hanging around in big groups anyway.

It's the me first millennials are their ilk that want to still be able to party on like there's no issue.
How would you describe the ones protesting their rights to not be locked up in a police state as its only a bad flu ?

I've just been out to do a quick job and then I ducked into the supermarket. No old people anywhere, I didn't see one. Hardly any traffic and the streets are almost empty.

If people are in isolation as these are the only people police are required to check on then in their homes there is clearly a breach of the quarantine rules if the neighbourhood kids/friends are dropping by to play games.

Because most people can’t keep secrets, and the younger generations seem to love posting about themselves on social media.

If they break up a few cases of flouting the rules early, and its well publicised, more people will take the advice seriously.

Not dissimilar to the outcome of the woman and her daughter driving around the other day

I've just been out to do a quick job and then I ducked into the supermarket. No old people anywhere, I didn't see one. Hardly any traffic and the streets are almost empty.

If people are in isolation as these are the only people police are required to check on then in their homes there is clearly a breach of the quarantine rules if the neighbourhood kids/friends are dropping by to play games.
Head to Bunnings if you want to see loads of people out needlessly.

My local was busy this morning and the coffee shop had predominantly old people waiting for coffees. Has been like this the last 3x I went tbh

Obviously differs in each area but that's one thing mates and I have noticed is near us, the ones needing the protection are the ones out in force. All of these are more risk than playing PS4 at someones house. This is what I mean by people having completely lost perspective with their new toy Corona

My elderly neighbours (both sides) are having more visitors than ever too. Not dobbing them in, they're 85+, lived a long life, if they want to risk it, be my guest. Who am I to tell them what to do. That's the thing with virtue signallers though, they think their opinion is the only authority. Many like that in this thread...using your own common sense is enough

Don’t think you understand a significant portion of the population live on there own. Try living on your own for 3 months and see the psychological effects it has on people?

Combined with the fact a lot of people aren’t working, struggling for money, can’t see there families or friends face to face

It’s not easy as you are saying it is

I've been living on my own for years.

I'm not sure I have too much sympathy for the "I don't have anything to do!" type of people especially those who still have a job and there is plenty of technology out there to enable people to see family and friends. It proves how much we are been spoilt as a society.

A direct flight from Wuhan, the original coronavirus epicentre, will land in Australia on Wednesday evening.
The cargo plane is operated by Chinese carrier Suparna 'Yangtze River' which is part of the Hainan Airlines Group (HNA).

Anyone know where i can get an RPG?

Because most people can’t keep secrets, and the younger generations seem to love posting about themselves on social media.

If they break up a few cases of flouting the rules early, and its well publicised, more people will take the advice seriously.

Not dissimilar to the outcome of the woman and her daughter driving around the other day
Yep spot on with all points really. The driving one was and is ridiculous though. What better time to practice as a learner driver than on quiet roads. Won't spread corona from your car, no safety issues...

My local was busy this morning and the coffee shop had predominantly old people waiting for coffees. Has been like this the last 3x I went tbh

Obviously differs in each area but that's one thing mates and I have noticed is near us, the ones needing the protection are the ones out in force. All of these are more risk than playing PS4 at someones house. This is what I mean by people having completely lost perspective with their new toy Corona

My elderly neighbours (both sides) are having more visitors than ever too. Not dobbing them in, they're 85+, lived a long life, if they want to risk it, be my guest. Who am I to tell them what to do. That's the thing with virtue signallers though, they think their opinion is the only authority. Many like that in this thread...using your own common sense is enough

I see quite a few old people out and about still, alot of them going for walks etc. Good on them, if im 80+ and dont know how long ive got to go on this earth, im probably risking it while i still have my marbles. Not doing anything out of the ordinary, but id still do my shopping and going for walks etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back