Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortage of pasta sauce while the veggie sections of the supermarket are still brimming with fresh tomatoes. People really are hopeless.

While I agree with the general premise of your post, for the 'preppers' having pasta sauce is better than fresh tomatoes as it will keep for far longer.

I don't like him, but if I did it'd mean he was doing something seriously wrong. He's clearly pretty smart, and undoubtedly effective at tapping into the 20-something white male demographic (which is not an easy thing).

If he's not collecting a cheque from the ALP, he should be.

He's tapped into the middle to upper middle class who like to view themselves as the underprivileged working class of the country.

shellyg sorry lost the link that tells me how many new cases by state per day, can u link me again pls?

Here's government health but it was a bit hit and miss regularly updating twice a day over Easter. It might get back into a more reliable rhythm.

He should've just done what the WHO and the Dems told him
He should have done what the real experts told him. Not Jarrod.
He should have a had a consistent message not one that's all over the place
He should not have politicised it by calling it a hoax and a beat up by MSM or the Dems - ironically he politicised it more than anyone. Modus operandi for narcissistic sociopaths.
He should never have said it was just a flu - ie that would forcer him to tell the truth, very hard for the Cheeto.
He should not be raising hope by flogging an untested drug - see truth comment above
He should not have set the states at each other trying to get equipment, rather it should have been coordinated.
He should have moved faster with implementing social distancing measures
He should have stopped travel from Europe earlier
He should stop blaming others people, I think this quote from about the Covid19 pandemic says it all - "I am not responsible."
He should have listened to the Obama administration pandemic warning at handover, he should have listened to Navarro's warning in January etc.

That's 10 things I can think of quickly, I'm sure there are more. He has done basically everything wrong and all these failure can be predicted on him being a narcissistic sociopath and the way they react to challenges. The US is reaping what it sowed by voting for a man utterly unfit for office.

Trumps presidency will be remembered as probably the worst US president ever. I always doubted his ability to run a school canteen after half a dozen bankruptcies. His example will be in management textbooks of how not to run organization or respond to a crisis.

He should have done what the real experts told him. Not Jarrod.
He should have a had a consistent message not one that's all over the place
He should not have politicised it by calling it a hoax and a beat up by MSM or the Dems - ironically he politicised it more than anyone. Modus operandi for narcissistic sociopaths.
He should never have said it was just a flu - ie that would forcer him to tell the truth, very hard for the Cheeto.
He should not be raising hope by flogging an untested drug - see truth comment above
He should not have set the states at each other trying to get equipment, rather it should have been coordinated.
He should have moved faster with implementing social distancing measures
He should have stopped travel from Europe earlier
He should stop blaming others people, I think this quote from about the Covid19 pandemic says it all - "I am not responsible."
He should have listened to the Obama administration pandemic warning at handover, he should have listened to Navarro's warning in January etc.

That's 10 things I can think of quickly, I'm sure there are more. He has done basically everything wrong and all these failure can be predicted on him being a narcissistic sociopath and the way they react to challenges. The US is reaping what it sowed by voting for a man utterly unfit for office.

Trumps presidency will be remembered as probably the worst US president ever. I always doubted his ability to run a school canteen after half a dozen bankruptcies. His example will be in management textbooks of how not to run organization or respond to a crisis.
You should not overexaggerate

Can see it from a miles away.

They lift the restrictions in a month and people go out and be silly and get wasted and then we are back to square one just as winter kicks in.

Already seeing posts on social media how people are going to go wild and go on a bender when they can.
I'd take this with a grain of salt, just people expressing frustration and hoping for when they can have one great big party. Thing is, restrictions can't totally be lifted until there's a vaccine, which is a year or more away. We can't stay locked down completely until then. Gradual easing of restrictions with the knowledge that there will be bouts of new restrictions is about the only way to manage the spread without killing the economy and driving people mad.

If people get a month of being allowed out in small groups, maybe have a meal or a beer in appropriately distanced cafes and pubs, they are more likely to accept the next round of restrictions. It's going to be a complicated recovery process.

While I agree with the general premise of your post, for the 'preppers' having pasta sauce is better than fresh tomatoes as it will keep for far longer.
You can always cook them, put them in a sealed jar then blast the jar at obscene temperatures to kill everything inside and it's going to store for a while.

You might not even need to cook it first in that case now I think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should not overexaggerate
All facts. Not alt-facts or faux facts. All can be documented. The man is a tosser. Unfit to lead.

Added: If you want to see what a gold standard response looks like, Taiwan is probably the best https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762689

I'd put our response in Oz as a Silver medal. Pretty good.

USA woeful.

Nightmares await in India, Indonesia and Brazil. Still only testing in the hundreds per million population, a lot of bad is going to happen in them.

Last edited:
There is always the chance of a free holiday to somewhere unsavoury courtesy of the US taxpayer. Gotta keep Dutton's hands clean.

But they are in common use everywhere. Hospitals and dentists, for example. And in industry - place I worked at had a nuclear densitometer, that beamed radiation across a pipe to measure the density of the product being pumped through. It never worked properly as it was designed for liquids and our product had undissolved crystals in it.

Trial of anti-malarial drug Chloroquine in Brazil has been suspended because of a number of patient deaths due to heart problems, which is know side effect of the drug. Seems like the the cure is just as bad as the disease in this case.

Not the hoped-for silver bullet cure.

If you have freezer room throw the tomatoes in the freezer.
You take them out dunk them in room temp water and the skin defrosts
Peel it real easy and then use them in cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back