Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Weren't you a doomsday prepper about this only 6-8 weeks ago?
Naah that was 5 months ago. And look what happened the world shut down and economies destroyed and about to take effect here in Australia. Already a recession because of it. No wonder I saw doom.

I’ll go back into doomsday again with the next “virus” they put on us.. that will happen soon enough.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Naah that was 5 months ago. And look what happened the world shut down and economies destroyed and about to take effect here in Australia. Already a recession because of it. No wonder I saw doom.

I’ll go back into doomsday again with the next “virus” they put on us.. that will happen soon enough.

Already talk of pigvirus ready to take over the world

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
So i presume with such a big spike in cases in voctira that are hopsitals are under more pressure, surely there would be heaps going to hospital? i havent heard but presume from the deadliness of this virus
Not necessarily
from memory 1% die 5% need ICU and 10% need hospital give or take o the numbers

But it wasnt that long ago Trump said we only have 16 cases its under control

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Already talk of pigvirus ready to take over the world
Don't give some of this mob a new reason to be scared ffs. They're only just braving the outside world after a deathly 0.3% positive test rate virus...

1593574703340.png

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Not necessarily
from memory 1% die 5% need ICU and 10% need hospital give or take o the numbers

10,000,000 confirmed cases, 500,000 deaths = 5% fatality rate

If you include the theoretical numbers of people who have had it but not been tested, plus those who died from it or complications caused by it but not recorded as such, I'd guess the true figure is about 4% overall. Just a guess though.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
10,000,000 confirmed cases, 500,000 deaths = 5% fatality rate

If you include the theoretical numbers of people who have had it but not been tested, plus those who died from it or complications caused by it but not recorded as such, I'd guess the true figure is about 4% overall. Just a guess though.
The death rate per million numbers are dependant on testing rate per million numbers.
Every country has a different agenda and accounting system

Don't give some of this mob a new reason to be scared ffs. They're only just braving the outside world after a deathly 0.3% positive test rate virus...

View attachment 903888
Positive test rates is not death rates.

Those low numbers mean we've been pretty successful in stopping the spread.

14% of active cases are in hospital at the moment. When you've only got between 3-400 active cases that isn't that bad.

But most of the cases are in Victoria, we keep trending up and those numbers in hospitals will grow. People usually take around a week from symptoms to needing hospital if they are going to, and then another few days before they might need ICU.

If left unchecked our hospitals will fill up and then the deaths will start at much higher than the 1% we've seen in Australia so far.

1% might not much to you but it's still lives lost we are talking about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
Agreed. Then we must continue until all contagious virus numbers are zero!

This isn't over bigfoot. STAY HOME!!!
Easy to say living in SA where it's been eradicated. Would you rather have had 500 deaths in SA so far, massive arguments over openings and the body count still rising?

That's the equivalent of the US experience. If Victoria had of made a few better calls early and a bit more luck, we might be opening up the whole country.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Easy to say living in SA where it's been eradicated. Would you rather have had 500 deaths in SA so far, massive arguments over openings and the body count still rising?

That's the equivalent of the US experience. If Victoria had of made a few better calls early and a bit more luck, we might be opening up the whole country.
SA will have cases in the future, as every city will.

More radiation in the airwaves, wonder if that is bad for you.

So much cancer these days. Who knows

Yeah... lets not think about the frequencies it emits at can't penetrate our skin though. :)

Yeah... lets not think about the frequencies it emits at can't penetrate our skin though. :)
I wonder how the 5G conspiracy theorists go though life being bombarded with visible light that's a much higher frequency than anything 5G can put out.
Have they ever wondered why you warm up standing in the sun?

I do wonder if any of them have had an X-Ray in thier lives? They'll be shocked at how higher frequency that is!

I wonder how the 5G conspiracy theorists go though life being bombarded with visible light that's a much higher frequency than anything 5G can put out.
Have they ever wondered why you warm up standing in the sun?

I do wonder if any of them have had an X-Ray in thier lives? They'll be shocked at how higher frequency that is!
Generally speaking, if the waves can pass through you then you absorb less energy. If they are stopped by you, then you cop the lot of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back