Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What also makes me laugh with the far-left is that if this is how nastily and unfair you treat your fellow ordinary citizens - then just imagine how you would treat those you would encounter from a different background! The difference is the far-left never encounters those people from their sweet little woke white Anglo bubble.
Weird generalisation. Not worth responding to.

To break this down:

- Melbourne had a protest of 10K people
- Sydney had 20K
- Brisbane had 30K, and another protest not long after.
- Adelaide had 5K

That's not how this works.

Perth could have had 200K at theirs, yet if there was no community transmission and therefore no case present, then no spike would have been recorded.

The protests didn’t help things but as I said there were clear signs weeks prior that people didn’t care about the virus anymore. If you went back in this thread you’d find posts talking about it and some posters ranting about how the virus didn’t exist in this state.

There were CV slackers in my supermarket only last night walking in without using the sanitiser or trolley wipes.

No mine was a specific reaction to your posts. Not a generalisation.

Yeah right. :rolleyes: Even though I had actually in black and white posted the opposite - that I support the protesting to protect those rights:

I have no doubt alot of the anger expressed at the American protests was legitimate. I would be angry at police brutality too if I was an American.

Very "specific" and forensic on your behalf. Look, the far-left often has trouble debating people that don't conform to their "little-minded stereotypical Neanderthal right-winger" view of anyone to the right of them.

You have a third of NSW's population and Victoria as a destination is on hold due to what's going on there. Time to step up and don't complain about it.

They have both been receiving your returning residents for months in much larger numbers than is happening the other way.
As we have been receiving other states people as well. We have been doing our fair share up to now, if it means we need to do over our fair share because Vic is closed then we need to discuss fairness with the Feds. Like the AFL, it seems to be a one way street that only comes up when the tables are turned.

So why don't we have 60K at every stadium at the footy this weekend? :think:

The lengths some of the far-left will go to to defend a mass gathering protest during a world wide pandemic is so cringe embarrassing.
It's not like the stadiums are 100% open air, is it. There's also lots of indoor areas within the stadiums. You have millions of common touch areas (toilets, handrails, food, drink, entry turnstiles etc etc). It's not even a remotely close comparison.

Also it was nowhere near 60k protesters.

It's not like the stadiums are 100% open air, is it.

lol.

OK, let's open up the horse races on your logic?

You have millions of common touch areas (toilets, handrails, food, drink, entry turnstiles etc etc). It's not even a remotely close comparison.

Keep up with the science!

It's not even a remotely close comparison.

Cringeing so hard at you trying to defend a mass gathering protest and saying it's not even "remotely" a close comparison.

As we have been receiving other states people as well. We have been doing our fair share up to now, if it means we need to do over our fair share because Vic is closed then we need to discuss fairness with the Feds. Like the AFL, it seems to be a one way street that only comes up when the tables are turned.

WA has been receiving other state's people in much smaller numbers as I already said in my reply.

WA has been receiving other state's people in much smaller numbers as I already said in my reply.

And so we should. We didn't attract hundreds of thousands of immigrants from China and India over the last 5-7 years - Sydney and Melbourne did and saw the economic benefits of that while Perth stagnated. Now it's only fair you see the economic disadvantages of that?

Also, to ScoMo and others - WA has a quarter of NSW's population so of course we have less return travelers here. What is our capacity to quarantine them all, though? That's the relevant question. Our hotel stock would be way smaller.

lol.

Cringeing so hard at you trying to defend a mass gathering protest and saying it's not even "remotely" a close comparison.
If you're going to try and get a rise out of people at least read the articles you post. That just validated every word I said. I miss the old days of good trolling.

If you're going to try and get a rise out of people at least read the articles you post. That just validated every word I said. I miss the old days of good trolling.

Hahaha nice way at trying to smooth out of your embarrassment at posting against the science. I did read it. And it did not validate what you had to say.

This is what you said:

You have millions of common touch areas

It's not even a remotely close comparison.

This is what the article says:

In the latest interim guidance, the WHO said current evidence suggests COVID-19 is primarily spread through large droplet transmission when people are within 1 metre of each other.

It also warns that transmission may occur through fomites (inanimate surfaces or objects) however experts believe that risk is quite low.

Today the Lancet published commentary from a microbiology expert in the US who claimed the risks of surface transmission had been "exaggerated" and based on studies with little resemblance to real life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol.

Singing and shouting in the face of the same people for two+ hours is one of the differences.

Same reason it rips through choirs when a singer gets it.

I think that's all of your points covered.

Singing and shouting in the face of the same people for two+ hours is one of the differences.

Same reason it rips through choirs when a singer gets it.

I think that's all of your points covered.

Oh yes and the BLM protests were totally silent. OK, so on your logic, horse racing then?

Give it up. Stick with the science. Don't lose credibility.

Can anyone explain to me why the issues in Vic were so much worse than elsewhere?

Were security guards in NSW/SA/WA not ******* the quarantined people?

Was the messaging in those states that much better than VIC?

Is it just an unfortunate coincidence?

Is Andrews to blame?

Can anyone explain to me why the issues in Vic were so much worse than elsewhere?

Were security guards in NSW/SA/WA not ******* the quarantined people?

Was the messaging in those states that much better than VIC?

Is it just an unfortunate coincidence?

Is Andrews to blame?
People not following protocols and bad luck= big s**t storm

Hotel quarantine blunder didn't help.

That's where most of it came from. Security guard has a secret romp with a quarantinee who went on to test CV positive, he carries on as normal. Not long after we're given the green light it's okay to gather in family parties of twenty and seemed reasonable at the time, meanwhile he's going under the radar as a silent spreader in a big family. Goes boom.

That's not how this works.

Perth could have had 200K at theirs, yet if there was no community transmission and therefore no case present, then no spike would have been recorded.
So, how did Sydney with a larger, more unruly protest (minimal social distancing) and more active cases at the time avoid an outbreak? Luck?

Phew! Guess we should buy a lotto ticket hey!

Low chance of winning!

Mass protests a high chance of spread!

You guys need a maths refresher - if something has a 99% chance of occurring (for instance, the New York Times declaring Hilary had a 99% chance of winning the election!), doesn't mean the 1% alternate possibility can not occur!

Low chance of winning!

Mass protests a high chance of spread!

You guys need a maths refresher - if something has a 99% chance of occurring (for instance, the New York Times declaring Hilary had a 99% chance of winning the election!), doesn't mean the 1% alternate possibility can not occur!

And if 5 states and 2 territories can do something and it doesn't occur then maybe it's that one state that has other issues beyond just bad luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back