Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the other poster. Was actually agreeing with you. This whole situation is just become a vehicle for mass hysteria and panic rather than a serious look at the options.

Even with the numbers. Anyone who can count to 10 surely knows that the more testing you do the more positives you get. And testing has increased exponentially in Vic due a massive push in test numbers and areas. Now given ICU arrivals and deaths are stable with a tiny increase that is actually a positive because it shows while contagious it is not nearly as fatal as first thought.
So you think if we did more testing in Perth, we'd get more numbers? They did 2000 of frontline health workers and school staff, and still got 0.

Andrews is in charge, he's running the show so he gets the credit when you do good and gets the blame when it's bad. He's said sorry himself as it was on his watch that this has occured and he's taking responsibility.

I've never seen a coach not come under pressure when a team is losing even though they are not on the field kicking the ball. Why should Andrews get a free pass?
I didn't say he gets a free pass - read my post again.

I said there were many failings and it is very simplistic and rather asinine to blame it all upon him - which is why your football coach analogy fits so well.

Why on earth should our political critique and discourse aspire to emulate the nuff-nuffs in football media who exist to generate talkback gossip on SEN?

So you think if we did more testing in Perth, we'd get more numbers? They did 2000 of frontline health workers and school staff, and still got 0.

Yes. I'm assuming they were target testing. (Thou not sure WA's policy).

If like in Vic you have active cases and go from telling people not to get tested unless they had serious symptoms to now literally going door to door asking people to get tested then yeah I think you'd get more numbers.

Especially once you open up borders ease restrictions and take in new arrivals.

If like in Vic you have active cases and go from telling people not to get tested unless they had serious symptoms to now literally going door to door asking people to get tested then yeah I think you'd get more numbers.

Agree but the positive rate to tests rate has increased which suggests that there is way more community spread

Last edited:
That old adage about not politicising tragedy that gets trotted out pretty much every time someone links climate change to bushfires seems to have been forgotten this time around.

I'm not sure where this weird analogy fits into this thread - there is no need for you to get involved in a culture war here.

As for analysis after a bushfire event, I often see a mix of right-wing blaming fuel load, lack of vegetation clearing etc (massive contributors to fire and easy to solve at local level), and left-wing blaming of climate change (small contributor to fire as drier conditions can occur any summer and 0.5'C does not change whether a fire occurs, and difficult to solve at a global level).

When you compare the "politicising" on both sides it is easy to see the side that favours practicality and results, versus that which likes ideology.

Sho

Agree but the positive rate to tests rate has increased which suggests that there is way more community spread
But death rate is stable as is ICU entries. So while very contagious it is no where near as deadly (up to 5% early days) than first though. Surely that is a good thing. Not many who are positive are badly affected.

People dont die straight away

No but they would need ICU admission if very sick. Given cases are going up by the 100s each day this week and ICU entries are +6 for the week I'd be confident about their prognosis.

Also given Andrews admitted in his presser contact tracing was impossible how do we even know the spread was caused by everyone breaking the rules? Could be healthcare, bunnings, woolworths, transport, delivery, roadworkers etc passing it on?

No but they would need ICU admission if very sick. Given cases are going up by the 100s each day this week and ICU entries are +6 for the week I'd be confident about their prognosis.
Reminds me of when Trump said we only have 16 cases and 11 of them are doing well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me of when Trump said we only have 16 cases and 11 of them are doing well
Not even Trump was brazen enough to blame his people for his * ups.
Going by Australian numbers so far absolute worse case death rate is 1%. (Given those that are resolved. And these were the first lot who had serious symptoms). So of all active cases (all active not just the ones who caught it) likely we see 20 more deaths. In the country. And that's stretching it given of the 2000 still unresolved cases only 12 are in hospital.

While not great I'm guessing more than 20 people will die in the next 6 weeks from other causes. Spare a thought for them.

These are the governments own figures btw in case you think I'm making s**t up. So based on the figures I'm guessing the government are using I don't see any great need for alarm.

Not even Trump was brazen enough to blame his people for his fu** ups.
Going by Australian numbers so far absolute worse case death rate is 1%. (Given those that are resolved. And these were the first lot who had serious symptoms). So of all active cases (all active not just the ones who caught it) likely we see 20 more deaths. In the country. And that's stretching it given of the 2000 still unresolved cases only 12 are in hospital.

While not great I'm guessing more than 20 people will die in the next 6 weeks from other causes. Spare a thought for them.

These are the governments own figures btw in case you think I'm making sh*t up. So based on the figures I'm guessing the government are using I don't see any great need for alarm.
Trump would have to accept that he can * up first, which is never happening.

What do you mean other causes? You mean 20 will die from Corona virus in Melbourne from the last outbreak. There is going to be a lag in this too, not just drop dead within the first week.

I'm not sure where this weird analogy fits into this thread - there is no need for you to get involved in a culture war here.

As for analysis after a bushfire event, I often see a mix of right-wing blaming fuel load, lack of vegetation clearing etc (massive contributors to fire and easy to solve at local level), and left-wing blaming of climate change (small contributor to fire as drier conditions can occur any summer and 0.5'C does not change whether a fire occurs, and difficult to solve at a global level).

When you compare the "politicising" on both sides it is easy to see the side that favours practicality and results, versus that which likes ideology.
It's the scientists and fire chiefs blaming climate change and understanding the limited benefit of hazard reduction. Not the left. But it is the right ignoring the research and field experts, so they can keep their fossil fuel political funding.

Those posters would've let ten foxes in to the henhouse months ago if they had their way.

How can the raging racist conservatives who wanted the border closed also be promoting the opening of the border to let people in without adequate quarantine.

I think it's only because of blunders like we are seeing now that people arguing for stricter quarantine protocols aren't being labelled racist nationalists.

If the virus is eliminated, then no amount of testing will show up more cases. That's where a lot of states appear to be at the moment, at the very least, having eliminated community transmission.

My backyard is a wide open space but wouldn't be able to have a gathering. The rules are idiotic, have been since the start.
There are so many inconsistencies it's not funny.
Can't do something at X but can do the exact same at Y. Apprantly the virus can distinguish the difference between a backyard and Bunnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back