Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the masks distributed to hospitals and aged care homes at the height of the pandemic as part of the federal government's national medical stockpile have been judged defective by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.

Sack Scomo Hunt Colston ????

or Dan

Also the Joe/John analogy and comparison to masks is wrong (from what i understand). If you wear a mask youre protecting others more than yourself as it catches most of your expelled droplets.

Its a barrier going out more so than going in. Hence why in so many Asian countries people wear them when THEY are sick, not because they believe the rest of the population is sick.

Hence why in so many Asian countries people wear them when THEY are sick, not because they believe the rest of the population is sick.

I think most people don't actually realise this, we just see them over here and assume they think we're dirty and diseased, but when you get to say Tokyo and realise they're usually doing it if they're unwell, it makes a lot more sense.

Having worked in Asia and for a Japanese company for most of the last decade mask wearing is motivated both by prevention and to stop spreading. In countries like Japan mask wearing is often to counter breathing in pollution.

I've seen far more foreign nationals from other parts of Asia wearing masks whilst travelling then I've seen locals wearing them in SE Asia. Would see plenty of passengers at Changi Airport but rarely if ever see workers at the airport wearing them.

So Paula Badosa, one of the tennis players who complained loudly about being in quarantine, has come down with covid seven days into her isolation. She's gone back and deleted certain social media posts from the last week.

It raises the spectre of other players on the same flight as the covid-infected person now coming through the end of the incubation phase. I wonder if she's just the first and there's going to be more in the next few days?

Having worked in Asia and for a Japanese company for most of the last decade mask wearing is motivated both by prevention and to stop spreading. In countries like Japan mask wearing is often to counter breathing in pollution.

I've seen far more foreign nationals from other parts of Asia wearing masks whilst travelling then I've seen locals wearing them in SE Asia. Would see plenty of passengers at Changi Airport but rarely if ever see workers at the airport wearing them.

Japans air quality is comparable to most major Australian cities.

Lols at Google saying if the news law goes ahead they will pull Google Search from Australia.

Please, be my guest. They're not the only game in town and most other search engines don't bombard you with ads.
Bring back Seek and Wombat and AskJeeves
or Ill stick to the duck or start page

The irony. Now while I hope she suffers no ill effects, I hope this reinforces the reason she and her colleagues were required to quarantine in the first place. It's not posturing or talking tough, it's a real threat.

Lols at Google saying if the news law goes ahead they will pull Google Search from Australia.

Please, be my guest. They're not the only game in town and most other search engines don't bombard you with ads.
They can go and get ****ed. We're not afraid of their threats. Google is my preferred search engine but if they blocked access from Australia it would not bother me greatly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Japans air quality is comparable to most major Australian cities.

Relevance? I though the conversation was around motivation to wear masks. Just like with COVID many countries/cultures/states/individuals will wear a mask for their own reasons, a primary one in Japan was/is against pollution, nothing to do with keeping other people safe.

Relevance? I though the conversation was around motivation to wear masks. Just like with COVID many countries/cultures/states/individuals will wear a mask for their own reasons, a primary one in Japan was/is against pollution, nothing to do with keeping other people safe.

An interview with Mark McGowan on ABC radio. Right at the end they put a couple of questions to him from listeners. One was about ramping at Perth hospitals.

Around the 24.18 mark, as part of his response he gives one of the reasons as, 'For some reason, there's been an increase in mental health presentations'.

Is he really that insulated or out of touch that he couldn't think of one single thing that would be causing an increase in presentations to EDs for mental health reasons?

Australia - is and island, tyranny of distance.
New Zealand - sea above
Taiwan - is an island
Singapore - hard line government, very compliant population due to this, very small, easier to manage.

Vietnam - dunno, I've never been and am not familiar with their culture or circumstances.
Vietnam (like Taiwan)are well organised and saw through Xi's lies early enough to start closing the borders very well.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Vietnam (like Taiwan)are well organised and saw through Xi's lies early enough to start closing the borders very well.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They both closed their borders to China after the US and us and Italy and Japan and Russia

They introduced 14 day quarantine quickly on their returning citizens

The Australians who returned from China had no positives
Most of our infections came from the US EU and ME

Is he really that insulated or out of touch that he couldn't think of one single thing that would be causing an increase in presentations to EDs for mental health reasons?

Election mode.

He’ll talk up the strong border, independent WA angle, will play down or play dumb on anything else.

Election mode.

He’ll talk up the strong border, independent WA angle, will play down or play dumb on anything else.

He does that right at the end of the video I posted.

I've got friends that are helping with preps for the election, they're big McGowan fans and they reckon on the posters, the local candidate will be pushed to the side and the main focus is, a vote for Sam Smith is a vote for McGowan.

I think we may be witness to the biggest election victory in Australian political history.

Relevance is their air quality isn’t bad so I doubt they are wearing it for that.

Relevance is their air quality isn’t bad so I doubt they are wearing it for that.

I assume you must be referring to some world index of pollution management where everyone puts on a mask based on a common standard. Or are you just applying your own perspective on life to how everyone else probably lives?

I assume you must be referring to some world index of pollution management where everyone puts on a mask based on a common standard. Or are you just applying your own perspective on life to how everyone else probably lives?
What are you on about?

I think culturally they wear their masks more if they are not feeling well to stop spread. You said they do it for air quality, I don’t think in Japan their air quality is that bad (which is backed up by the air quality index website).

It’s probably a bit of both.

London: British scientists are discovering “emerging evidence” that the new and more transmissible mutant coronavirus strain running rampant across the country might be 30 per cent more deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back