Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No new cases of COVID-19 have been discovered in the more than 1100 tests processed on Sunday from Melbourne's northern suburbs.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...r-nrl-grand-final-20201025-p5689v.html#p51egp

I unfortunately had the TV tuned on and Jeff Kennet was on yelling about NSW having consistent higher positive cases per day than Melbourne and they're carrying on as per normal. Not the first time I've heard an interview with people citing the same BS and yet the interviewer/journalists never pull them up on it.

Absolute soft utensils these journalists, not one has any integrity and whilst I don't think the K Rudd campaign to get the press called to account will happen it would be brilliant to pull apart the absolute sh*t show that Australian media has become.
Jeff Kennett who closed the infectious diseases hospital, and privatized every State owned enterprise that he could. He was thrown out before sold off Melbourne Water. I believe he shut down mental health facilities as well.

60,000 people die every year in USA due to flu which EVERYONE knows will happen every single year to slight variations in strength (40,000-80,000 deaths) - no one says anything and accepts it. 200,000 people+ die in USA from a 1/100 year event from a Chinese bat virus that no one had ever seen before or known how to treat - OMGahfsa TruMp omG He SHoULd Have PROteCTed EVerYOne omG How CAN he Be SO BAD OmfG WHY are PeoPLE DYiNg OMG Hes BAD ORANge MAN

60,000 people die every year in USA due to flu which EVERYONE knows will happen every single year to slight variations in strength (40,000-80,000 deaths) - no one says anything and accepts it. 200,000 people+ die in USA from a 1/100 year event from a Chinese bat virus that no one had ever seen before or known how to treat - OMGahfsa TruMp omG He SHoULd Have PROteCTed EVerYOne omG How CAN he Be SO BAD OmfG WHY are PeoPLE DYiNg OMG Hes BAD ORANge MAN

You realise you're claiming that people are outraged because 3 x as many people have died from coronavirus as from influenza, as though that's an unreasonable thing?

Announce what exactly? Aside from dates which would be subject to change, what new information could have been announced?
I think I've been pretty clear on my issues around yesterday and how it's an example of how this Government is poor at communication and engagement

You realise you're claiming that people are outraged because 3 x as many people have died from coronavirus as from influenza, as though that's an unreasonable thing?
You realise that influenza happens every ******* year yet Governments still haven't managed to get deaths down - even WITH a vaccine. Yet here we have all these forum experts like yourself trying to tell everyone how too many people have died (only mention USA - never mention Europe etc) from a never before seen Chinese bat virus with no vaccine.. This idea that you can have 0 to low deaths and not lock people inside is not reality. The ONLY way it can work is if you have full control of borders (like Australia being an island) and you have limited community spread to a number so low you have the resources to trace EVERY case and have full cooperation from the population.

Once its spread at the community level you require what Victoria has done which is lock everyone inside for 7 months and ban ANY entry from outside its borders (with a population of only a few million). The USA does not have that option - its population is 300+ million and the idea that they should lock everyone inside for 7 months like Victoria is ridiculous when you consider the ramifications it would have on the worlds economy. This bullshit yer but masks would have saved 100,000's of lives is bullshit - 70% of those with corona said they ALWAYS used masks... That prediction about saving 100,000+ lives is as good as the experts predicting millions of deaths at the start of the pandemic.

Yes, I do get angry when I have spent months sticking to the rules only to see grubs, bottomfeeders and oxygen thieves deliberately putting self-interest above the common good.
This isn't SRP leave the insults and hyperbole out please

Morally bankrupt and criminal. This is good.

I didn’t advocate for anyone to do what I did I’m just not going to care if people did give the risk is so stupidly low.

Furthermore if you wanna go back and have a crack at people for “advocating criminal behaviour” you’ve got about 30 posters discussing having more people at outdoor gatherings, multiple households etc.
I 100% don't agree with your choice but if the two of you want to argue about it take it to PM please

You realise that influenza happens every ******* year yet Governments still haven't managed to get deaths down - even WITH a vaccine. Yet here we have all these forum experts like yourself trying to tell everyone how too many people have died (only mention USA - never mention Europe etc) from a never before seen Chinese bat virus with no vaccine.. This idea that you can have 0 to low deaths and not lock people inside is not reality. The ONLY way it can work is if you have full control of borders (like Australia being an island) and you have limited community spread to a number so low you have the resources to trace EVERY case and have full cooperation from the population.

Once its spread at the community level you require what Victoria has done which is lock everyone inside for 7 months (with a population of only a few million). The USA does not have that option - its population is 300+ million and the idea that they should lock everyone inside for 7 months like Victoria is ridiculous when you consider the ramifications it would have on the worlds economy. This bullshit yer but masks would have 100,000's of lives is bullshit - 70% of those with corona said they ALWAYS used masks... That prediction about saving 100,000+ lives is as good as the experts predicting millions of deaths at the start of the pandemic.
I think it's pretty clear that flu deaths and spread in the community is much more controlled than covid due to vaccines and herd immunity. It's an endemic disease.

It's also pretty clear that a lot of people don't take the flue or hygiene seriously, we've had a lot less flu deaths this year funnily enough

I think I've been pretty clear on my issues around yesterday and how it's an example of how this Government is poor at communication and engagement
You have been clear you wanted them make an announcement yesterday.

My question was what exactly would you expected them to announce yesterday. What new and useful information would they have been able to provide yesterday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate do you really think the risk is worth blowing up about? We have 100 active cases (all in one region) in a city of 5 million...

Laws are broken every day and the majority of people have been doing the right thing, GF day was always going to be a tough one. I'm just glad Swan Street didn't get flooded and Liquorlanded again.

Mate, why should some people put themselves above everyone else?

Most of Melbourne did the right thing. It’s not fun but most of us have some self-control and concern for the common good. Those who don’t deserve every bit of derision coming their way.

I think it's pretty clear that flu deaths and spread in the community is much more controlled than covid due to vaccines and herd immunity. It's an endemic disease.

It's also pretty clear that a lot of people don't take the flue or hygiene seriously, we've had a lot less flu deaths this year funnily enough
Why can't Governments get flu deaths close to 0 if they know it will happen every year and we already have a vaccine - why aren't they forcing vaccines on the whole population? Why aren't they contact tracing flu cases - the flu kills more children/young adults than corona. Are we OK with 60,000 (USA) people dying from a virus that everyone knows exists and could prepare for? Why aren't mask mandated all the time? You guys have come up with an arbitrary number of acceptable deaths.

Why can't Governments get flu deaths close to 0 if they know it will happen every year and we already have a vaccine - why aren't they forcing vaccines on the whole population? Why aren't they contact tracing flu cases - the flu kills more children/young adults than corona. Are we OK with 60,000 (USA) people dying from a virus that everyone knows exists and could prepare for? Why aren't mask mandated all the time? You guys have come up with an arbitrary number of acceptable deaths.
I don't give two *s about the US stats, they aren't relevant to me other than as an example of why the flu is an endemic disease

Once its spread at the community level you require what Victoria has done which is lock everyone inside for 7 months and ban ANY entry from outside its borders (with a population of only a few million). The USA does not have that option - its population is 300+ million and the idea that they should lock everyone inside for 7 months like Victoria is ridiculous when you consider the ramifications it would have on the worlds economy. This bullshit yer but masks would have saved 100,000's of lives is bullshit - 70% of those with corona said they ALWAYS used masks... That prediction about saving 100,000+ lives is as good as the experts predicting millions of deaths at the start of the pandemic.

I'm not sure you're as smart as you think you are.

Mate, why should some people put themselves above everyone else?

Most of Melbourne did the right thing. It’s not fun but most of us have some self-control and concern for the common good. Those who don’t deserve every bit of derision coming their way.
I don't disagree, I think just at some point there was always going to be a breaking point and disobedience would start kicking in - GF weekend has started that.

I think no matter what society you live in this is inevitable.

So why does everyone keep bringing up Trump and saying how much he has failed when they don't even live there? Trump derangement syndrome.
again nothing to do with why the flu is endemic or why it's treated differently to a novel virus during a pandemic

I don't disagree, I think just at some point there was always going to be a breaking point and disobedience would start kicking in - GF weekend has started that.

Hard to argue with that. :thumbsu:

Those people should rightfully be called out for being dickheads though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back