Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 6:

the solution is effective quarantine. There Should of been mass construction effort to build quarantine facilties. To date there is still virtually nothing being done here. This is a mass failure on the government and ourselves for not pushing for it. We have to bare the risks now. We can’t just deny Australians their rights because we collectively as a society failed to build sufficient protections. we need to share those failures. Only then will we perhaps be forced to fix this issue. Currently we are making australians in India the scape goats for our failures and they may well pay for that with their lives Through lack of oxygen or food.

and not complete freedom to travel. Freedom to return home to your own country and face strict quarantine. It’s a human right decreed by the UN To return to your land. It disgusts me that you would deny people their Australian rights like it was nothing. Truly disgusting.

‘there is complete freedom to travel for some people

i know someone who was living, gainfully employed, kids in school and renting a place in the US.
12 months ago he could have given up his job, broke his lease, uprooted his kids from school and came to Australia, be unemployed, go on unemployment benefits and i guess do nothing. but he didnt.
but a few months ago, the company he works for went broke, he lost his job and hence wants to now come back to Australia if he cannot find another job which currently he hasnt been able to although he has got some casual work and is just getting by. must be a few people in this boat

That really sucks

How many of them are locking out citizens? I don't know the answer, but it's made international headline so it can't be many.
Bruh we are locking IN our citizens.

Only other country that does that is North Korea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly think the number is just hovering around 400k per day? Even news broadcasts in India are suggesting the real number is way higher. Same goes for the death figures as well.

Absolutely. But this is just speculation, you have no evidence or proof and can only guess. I would guess that people have the virus and remain untested in most countries with high numbers.

of course its racist. Everything is ******* racist today. If someone wants it to be, it is.
Welcome to the fukkery of the world in 2021.
******* plebs.

Yeah absolutely. Sad state isnt it. Still cant believe Pepe Le Pew is a sexual predator and yet South Park can have episodes where the kids go around trying to get AIDs

The difference is, there's significantly more people trying to travel from India to Australia than from Canada or Germany or France. Then there's the fact that the sheer numbers of people in India (1.3 billion people) means the rate could be less than these countries and still overwhelm quarantine. Finally, there's the issue of whether India's numbers are accurate given the strain on its health system.

I don't disagree it's 'easier' to put a ban on countries like China and India because of preconceptions, but the health advice is sound. The abandonment of Australians and penalties absolutely is not.

Yeah I know more are coming from India. Its obviously due to the PRs we hand out like free tasters in a mall, and because 20% of the world live in India. The entire continents of North America and Europe equal the population of India. In March (dont have aprils numbers yet) 1950 Indian Citizens arrived out of the 32900 arrivals. Considering USA and UK had around 1650 arrivals alone, I think its pretty safe to say Nth America and Europe would account for more arrivals than the 1950 Indian arrivals. So, would we ban those entire continents if they were getting a combined total of 400,000 cases a day? 66 countries...

I'd hazard a guess that there's a hell of a lot less Australians stranded in France for a start.

How about Aussies stranded in the 66 countries of North America and Europe? Thats the same population as India and most have had or currently have similar covid rates based on % of population

How about Aussies stranded in the 66 countries of North America and Europe? Thats the same population as India and most have had or currently have similar covid rates based on % of population

It's great when you make up a brand new argument with cherry picked statistics instead of responding to the actual comment.

You've moved from comparing India to France, to now comparing India to the entirety of North America and Europe?

Shift those goal posts a little more why don't you.

Once again, you are assuming the numbers being reported out of India are accurate. They are not.

Yeah absolutely. Sad state isnt it. Still cant believe Pepe Le Pew is a sexual predator and yet South Park can have episodes where the kids go around trying to get AIDs
And Snow White did NOT give consent for that kiss from the handsome prince! Disgusting!

It's great when you make up a brand new argument with cherry picked statistics instead of responding to the actual comment.

You've moved from comparing India to France, to now comparing India to the entirety of North America and Europe?

Shift those goal posts a little more why don't you.
Why dont you deflect a little more? Your statement I replied to isnt able to be compared. France hasnt got the same population so saying their are more Aussies trying to get home from India than France is irrelevant. You either multiply France by 20 to get the same population or find some stats for how many Aussies are in India and France and work out a %.

It’s always at their own risk. How’s the travel insurance industry going, by the way?

Australias travel insurance companies had a little clause to state any covid related claim will be rejected as they wont cover pandemics. Certainly no new customers of late. Sucked in I say, insurance is one of the biggest scams of the modern era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back