Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No special circumstances announced for the 2021 cohort yet is there?

I also feel for 1st and 2nd year uni students. Must be a but of a wasteland for them.
Yep. Genuinely feel horrible for them.

Year 12 is a stressful time for plenty and all the events etc during the year help you to pull through.

First year of uni should be filled with fun and a bit of study.

Plus uni students paying full whack when they can’t even attend the unis.

* spending years at school to end up in this situation.

They let politics get in the way of doing the only strategy that would work- go hard , go early- they did neither. Now they are crying it's too hard. Bullshit,its not too late but they seem unwilling to do the hard yards. Unfortunately the rest of the country will and is suffering yet again because of this stupidity.I mean it was so obvious what had to be done and they arrogantly ignored common sense.

Sounds like they need a 2 week 8pm curfew like Melbourne did.

my wife is the dean of a college and she reckons the first years this year can barely concentrate on their studies, are a mess with hormones, and drink constantly.
So they havent been changed at all by COVID. Just the same weak lazy generation like all the millenial and post millenial generations.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For Year 12s, nothing announced yet.

We are still slamming content and SACs until we hear more - but some students are losing motivation and don't respond well to remote learning. This cohort had the double-whammy of remote learning in Year 11 - so a number of knowledge gaps/skills remain from last year.

IMO, it's unconscionable if VCAA don't announce either changes to the study design or an exam delay shortly - so that we can drop the pace back - and focus on wellbeing (like we are doing for Year 11s this year).
Not covid, so none of these concerns are valid im afraid

I can understand the 'bad luck' associated with Lockdown #4 (Merlino's Lockdown) - but this current lockdown is, once again, in part due to Vic Gov failures.

And before I get accused of being a hindsight hero - here was my prediction back on June 24:
Let's not forget when we have little restrictions in place these people pose a bigger risk to us than they do back where they came from. In Sydney anyone they passed it on to couldn't go to the pub or a NRL game in Sydney like what has happened here. How anyone in charge couldn't see the ridiculousness of allowing them to do the delivery is mind-boggling.

So people that would wear them properly shouldn't because other people don't?

I don't get this.

Lots of people are really bad at following road rules, or driving in general, so get rid of the rules?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have no issue if people voluntarily wear masks. If others are mandating me and others to wear masks then I'd like to see the basis and efficacy for imposing such rules. Is that reasonable?

If people suggest lower speed limits, such as 30km/h is it reasonable to question the efficacy of such changes? I doubt it will have much impact compared to 40km/h or even 50km/h limits. Simply saying follow road rules is asinine. In some cases it is incredibly unsafe to travel at the marked speed limit.

Rules should reflect the value that they provide. If they don't provide value then get rid of them.

Get ya vaccines guys like this guy and become a super spreader. Lol

Remember him he fled to America for good reasons.

You would want something more than Hess's word that he is a vaccinated super spreader. How does Hess know he spread this to all those people?

Fun fact :eekv1: Listening to the ABC Coronacast podcast earlier and heard that in Victoria, we've found that from the time a person comes in contact with and is transmitted the virus, they can transmit or pass it on to infect someone else within 29 hours.
This is delta ?

I think the original was 5 days ????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact :eekv1: Listening to the ABC Coronacast podcast earlier and heard that in Victoria, we've found that from the time a person comes in contact with and is transmitted the virus, they can transmit or pass it on to infect someone else within 29 hours.
You know Norman Swan hasn’t practised medicine for 40 years…

Yes, Delta.

These little episodes are quite good, around ten minutes each and they pop the information out without waffling on.

a bit over a day from go to whoa makes Gladys's slow browse ban a bit useless

Yeah the guy from the Apartment crossed paths with the removallists on Friday morning and was passing it on to strangers at the Young & Jackson by 3pm the next day.

I know of no episode in history when a government has willingly aided and abetted the spread of a dangerous infectious disease among its own population.
History is being made.

The government of the United Kingdom seems to actually want people to catch COVID-19 in the summer, rather than in the autumn and winter.

Ministers reason that the understaffed and underfunded National Health Service will be in major trouble over the northern hemisphere winter.
To “go now” with the removal of all legal restrictions, thus producing an even higher level of infections, appears to be regarded as the right thing to do as it will reduce the inevitable problems later this year.

There is no obvious strategy and there is no published plan.

The UK is rightly proud of its vaccine rollout – 68 per cent of adults have received two doses and this has dramatically reduced hospital admissions and deaths. But both are now rising again, and rising fast.

It has lifted the legal restrictions that made wearing masks in shops and on public transport mandatory, and has failed to provide adequate financial support for those self-isolating.

Even before the full reopening, Britain had one of the highest number of new daily cases of COVID-19 in the world (48,161), and for weeks has had more cases than the rest of Western Europe put together.

I know of no episode in history when a government has willingly aided and abetted the spread of a dangerous infectious disease among its own population. History is being made.

The government of the United Kingdom seems to actually want people to catch COVID-19 in the summer, rather than in the autumn and winter.

Ministers reason that the understaffed and underfunded National Health Service will be in major trouble over the northern hemisphere winter.
To “go now” with the removal of all legal restrictions, thus producing an even higher level of infections, appears to be regarded as the right thing to do as it will reduce the inevitable problems later this year.

There is no obvious strategy and there is no published plan.

The UK is rightly proud of its vaccine rollout – 68 per cent of adults have received two doses and this has dramatically reduced hospital admissions and deaths. But both are now rising again, and rising fast.

It has lifted the legal restrictions that made wearing masks in shops and on public transport mandatory, and has failed to provide adequate financial support for those self-isolating.

Even before the full reopening, Britain had one of the highest number of new daily cases of COVID-19 in the world (48,161), and for weeks has had more cases than the rest of Western Europe put together.

Bozo Johnson in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back