Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused, if 80%+ vaccination target is reached, why are lockdowns still even a consideration? Does this mean life in Australia never returns to normal? Do we need to wait for the whole world to reach that target before removing all restrictions?
lots of different modelling
Pick how many your willing to kill and go for it

It not being the same as prison doesn’t diminish the difficulty of it. Comparing our current lockdowns to max security prison or detention is about as useful as telling someone with a broken arm that cancer is worse.
Yeah I'm not saying it's not difficult and it wasn't a it could be worse thing.
It was a hey maybe some people might realise that what we do with prison and mandatory detention for asylum seekers is ******* s**t.

Also it was a don't ******* compare it to prison because it isn't thing.

Businesses left to separate the jabbed from the jabbed-nots
Companies will need to grapple with the near-certainty that vaccinated staff won’t want to be sitting next to unvaccinated workers.

Scared even though they are vaccinated and "protected" from the disease and bad outcomes according to what politicians and medical "experts" are preaching.

Which is it? Do the vaccines work and this shouldn't even be an issue or do they admit the vaccines do not work? Tough one for the government here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wife is a high school teacher. Basically her day consists of responding to emails and calls from students feeling sad and overwhelmed. Most have lost interest and really cbf anymore with the situation. She tries to be positive and keep them engaged but it’s becoming untenable. She‘s double vaxxed and wants to get back to class as she genuinely cares for her students welfare. Dan though will probably ‘take advice’ from the militant union types and their doomsday scenarios and go with that. It’s ******* sh*t.
My partner works in a leadership position at a public school. The phone calls I hear are ******* really sad. There’s been at least half a dozen phone calls over the past couple of months from nurses at hospitals from kids presenting at the ED. They really do need to be back at school ASAP.

Mental Health relates to a persons ability to function in the various domains (social, recreational, occupational, etc.) of their life. So you can have a high level of anxiety, but still be able to function, and thus, not have a mental illness.

Yes, Anxiety is a normal human emotion. However, when anxiety interferes with functioning, you have yourself a mental health illness.

There are heaps of people withdrawing from social opportunities, can’t sleep, feeling hopeless, taking days off work, drinking more, etc.

Added to that, there are not nearly enough Mental health clinicians to meet the demand and normalize some of the anxiety and treat the other stuff

Anxiety + reduced functioning + lack of appropriate treatment = MH s**t show

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Scared even though they are vaccinated and "protected" from the disease and bad outcomes according to what politicians and medical "experts" are preaching.

Which is it? Do the vaccines work and this shouldn't even be an issue or do they admit the vaccines do not work? Tough one for the government here.

Has anyone claimed any of the vaccines to be 100% effective?

Has anyone claimed any of the vaccines to be 100% effective?
Vaccinated people are more likely to catch the virus from a vaccinated person than an unvaccinated person from a pure numbers perspective now, as has been seen in UK and Israel. So why are vaccinated people so scared of unvaccinated people? It should be the other way around but you don't see unvaccinated people running scared like vaccinated people seem to be at the thought of being in the same place as an unvaccinated "leper".

Whoa, alright man.
Look I hate that it could be worse theory. It totally dismisses how people are feeling so I get that worry from what I originally wrote
But also I've seen q lot of people going over that too with dictator comments, prison comments etc and there is a difference between acknowledging something is s**t and acting like it's the same as something much worse.

It's not a new phenomenon like how often to we say we are starving when we mean hungry. Dying when we mean sick etc.

Mental Health relates to a persons ability to function in the various domains (social, recreational, occupational, etc.) of their life. So you can have a high level of anxiety, but still be able to function, and thus, not have a mental illness.

Yes, Anxiety is a normal human emotion. However, when anxiety interferes with functioning, you have yourself a mental health illness.

There are heaps of people withdrawing from social opportunities, can’t sleep, feeling hopeless, taking days off work, drinking more, etc.

Added to that, there are not nearly enough Mental health clinicians to meet the demand and normalize some of the anxiety and treat the other stuff

Anxiety + reduced functioning + lack of appropriate treatment = MH sh*t show

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah but high functioning alcoholics are still alcoholics.
Just because you can "function" with something doesn't mean it's healthy

Vaccinated people are more likely to catch the virus from a vaccinated person than an unvaccinated person from a pure numbers perspective now, as has been seen in UK and Israel. So why are vaccinated people so scared of unvaccinated people? It should be the other way around but you don't see unvaccinated people running scared like vaccinated people seem to be at the thought of being in the same place as an unvaccinated "leper".
Are you vaccinated?

Look I hate that it could be worse theory. It totally dismisses how people are feeling so I get that worry from what I originally wrote
But also I've seen q lot of people going over that too with dictator comments, prison comments etc and there is a difference between acknowledging something is sh*t and acting like it's the same as something much worse.

It's not a new phenomenon like how often to we say we are starving when we mean hungry. Dying when we mean sick etc.

Yeah but high functioning alcoholics are still alcoholics.
Just because you can "function" with something doesn't mean it's healthy

Are you vaccinated?
Waiting to see what happens with Novavax. Will not be getting Astra or Pfizer at only 0.7% absolute risk reduction.

My other issue with these vaccines is they are the cause of the mutations in the virus we are seeing due to the underwhelming initial antibody production and remaining antibody levels after a few months. This combined with all the "breakthrough" cases concerns me.

The thing that always gets me about people that believe grifters is that they believe the snake oil salesmen who is profiting off them has their best interest at heart because the medical industry is apparently the only one that exploits people for money.
Like capitalism is about exploiting people for money.
Pete Evans isn't your friend he's someone who worked out he can get rich by exploiting your mistrust of authority.
He's not better

Pure speculation on my part, but I reckon mentally we're preconditioned to cope with death, particularly of older generations. It's something that everyone will deal with at some stage of their life.

Forced isolation on the other hand is something that we aren't equipped to deal with since we're social animals deep down.
What

Waiting to see what happens with Novavax. Will not be getting Astra or Pfizer at only 0.7% absolute risk reduction.

My other issue with these vaccines is they are the cause of the mutations in the virus we are seeing due to the underwhelming initial antibody production and remaining antibody levels after a few months. This combined with all the "breakthrough" cases concerns me.
I mean your math is so far from reality
You're not the first person I've met that decided novavax from a company that has never made a vaccine is the way to go and funnily enough every other person that I know with that thought is big into YouTube, doing their own research, second guessing vaccines, and saying they aren't anti vaxx but living in those spaces

Denmark - Lifts all restrictions at 73% fully vaccinated
Australia - We shall not be letting people travel freely until we hit 90%.

Greatest country on earth!
Our country is a ******* embarrassment. Saddens me to say it.

But also I've seen q lot of people going over that too with dictator comments, prison comments etc and there is a difference between acknowledging something is sh*t and acting like it's the same as something much worse.

Hyperbole for the sake of making a point isn’t an executable offence, I get your point but in this instance someone saying this is like being in prison is likely just pointing out that this is extremely difficult for them not that they are actively avoiding dropping the soap at home. Going all “it’s nothing like prison” is catering to the 2% of people claiming dictator Dan is legitimately Stalin opposed to the 98% who are just tired and using the phrase flippantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back