Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
iu
Is that a vaccine hub in St Kilda?

States will be locking down well into 2023 and most likely beyond. You delusional to think we will hit 70% or even 80% and not lockdown if cases rise. I had a fairly decent breakdown this week but have hopefully now come to terms with where we are heading and what is ahead. Best to just find positives day to day than worry about the future.

Well this is how it started, first it's identification then it's segregation.

QR codes is just another form of tattooing numbers on a wrist.

To be fair it is trending down the same path.
Bullshit.

It is a disgraceful comparison.

Bringing in vaccine mandates to bring in serious economic benefits with being able to stay open does not compare even in the slightest to one of the most reprehensible regimes in history.

A pissed off Austrian blaming a race for the woes of his adopted country. Then rising to absolute power with his party while wiping out his enemies and in the process being able to begin a genocide and destroy anything in their path throughout Europe.

Having a monstrous government you can’t vote out, can’t speak out against because you’re at risk of death and
fail to escape as a Jewish person because one day they decide you’re completely worthless and start to attack your people and eventually ship you off to labor camps or death camps.

Gassing millions eventually, destroying cultures, experimenting on human beings, attacking intellectuals in their country because they were Jewish. I could go on and on. Showing a complete and utter disdain for human life on a level probably never seen before or after.

Yeah that’s totally comparable to people being told they can’t enter private properties or fly somewhere because they refuse to get a bloody vaccine to stop the spread of a deadly virus that has overwhelmed the worlds health systems.

All while the simple solution is for them to get vaccinated. But they won’t because they are ignorant idiot.

It’s a disgraceful ******* comparison and if you and anyone else thinks that is an apt comparison then I hope you’re bloody ignorant about the Nazi regime. I suggest anyone thinking that’s an okay comparison to make, go and read about the Holocaust or watch some documentary footage about it and get a ******* grip.

Last edited:
Fair though. I’m not sure why people have to jump back 80 years to try make an absurd comparison. Plenty of more suitable and recent examples of things like government restrictions.
Yep. Like the post 9/11 world. Security and surveillance has never been the same and I question numerous elements of it and how much of it was a convenient excuse for governments to implement things.

I do question some of the vaccine passport stuff, QR codes etc and whether this stuff will just continue to be accepted long term when it shouldn’t need to be.

But I have no idea why people have to jump to absurd comparisons to one of history’s worst ever periods.

People losing their minds and telling people to shop whilst they can over a possible, singular, new case of coronavirus.

And a lot of you think this is normal, acceptable, behaviour.

FFS.

Like it or not this is our current reality.

Do I like it? Of course not, but realistically this is likely to lead to something happening isn’t it. Pointing out the absurdity of it all is fine, but implying I’m also being absurd (especially given there was a portion of my tongue in my cheek as I posted it) is off the mark.

Last edited:
But I have no idea why people have to jump to absurd comparisons to one of history’s worst ever periods.
Because that period didn't begin with the worse excesses. It began with the same kind of rhetoric that's happening now, each small step enjoying popular support so people didn't realise they'd built one of history's worse regimes until it was too late.

blaming a race for the woes of his adopted country.

Having a monstrous government you can’t vote out, can’t speak out against because you’re at risk of death and
fail to escape as a Jewish person because one day they decide you’re completely worthless and start to attack your people and eventually ship you off to labor camps or death camps.
Blaming the unvaccinated for future lockdowns.

A national cabinet with both major parties committed to the same strategy. States of Emergency ongoing for years. Effectively no way to vote this away.

Can't protest because gatherings have been banned with the military enforcing this.

Can't escape the country because the government have stopped citizens leaving. Even under Stage 4 of the roadmap there is no leaving for unvaccinated people.

Camps are the logical conclusion of barring unvaccinated people from public spaces.

The parallels are there but people don't want to see them because it's just too horrible to think that Australia in the 21st century could become a place where atrocities are committed. But plenty of ordinary people thought the same in the past until it happened in their countries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because that period didn't begin with the worse excesses. It began with the same kind of rhetoric that's happening now, each small step enjoying popular support so people didn't realise they'd built one of history's worse regimes until it was too late.

A national cabinet with both major parties committed to the same strategy. States of Emergency ongoing for years. Effectively no way to vote this away.

Can't protest because gatherings have been banned with the military enforcing this.

Can't escape the country because the government have stopped citizens leaving. Even under Stage 4 of the roadmap there is no leaving for unvaccinated people.

Camps are the logical conclusion of barring unvaccinated people from public spaces.

The parallels are there but people don't want to see them because it's just too horrible to think that Australia in the 21st century could become a place where atrocities are committed. But plenty of ordinary people thought the same in the past until it happened in their countries.
You have a choice to get vaccinated and be free or not get vaccinated and fight for your freedums

Exactly right. Even the people who committed these atrocities had well meaning beginnings and were indoctrinated one step at a time, until it was normalised

I highly recommend people read I You We Them. To gain an understanding of how it can happen and still does in modern times.

Exactly right. Even the people who committed these atrocities had well meaning beginnings and were indoctrinated one step at a time, until it was normalised

I highly recommend people read I You We Them. To gain an understanding of how it can happen and still does in modern times.
Whats the alternative ?

Lets have the whole country held ransom by boofheads ?

Last edited:
Whats the alternative ?

Lets have the whole country held ransom by boofheads ?
It's a conundrum. Millions controlled and fully compliant through government fear campaigns or ~20,000 deaths by a natural cause.

It's a pandemic, there's no perfect way through it. Despite our "numerical success" I think we failed in many ways in this country.

It's a conundrum. Millions controlled and fully compliant through government fear campaigns or ~20,000 deaths by a natural cause.

It's a pandemic, there's no perfect way through it. Despite our "numerical success" I think we failed in many ways in this country.
It was a race and still is a race
We didnt have enough masks at the begining or enough vax at the end and no quarantine facilities in the middle

20,000+ dead from repository disease will cause its own fear campaign
Then you have 1 in 10 with long covid spread over millions to deal with for years to come

It was a race and still is a race
We didnt have enough masks at the begining or enough vax at the end and no quarantine facilities in the middle

20,000+ dead from repository disease will cause its own fear campaign
Then you have 1 in 10 with long covid spread over millions to deal with for years to come
The trans Tasman elimination strategy race is still underway, with the Aussies making a comeback in recent weeks.

Screenshot_20210731-084547_Chrome.jpg

People in England partying at night clubs don't seem to be to fearful despite their death rate, delta running wild and ~30 million unvaxxed people.

The trans Tasman elimination strategy race is still underway, with the Aussies making a comeback in recent weeks.

View attachment 1191866

People in England partying at night clubs don't seem to be to fearful despite their death rate, delta running wild and ~30 million unvaxxed people.
They might not be fearful today as there are much less deaths right now
They certainly destroyed their economy and had a high death rate and had lockdowns along the way
Not really a "success" story worth emulating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back