Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my second Pfizer yesterday morning (I am a modern day hero and you’re all welcome).

Headache and scratchy throat last night, muscles aches and swollen glands today. Not the worst I’ve had (and I suspect some recency bias as I’ve genuinely not had a runny nose in 18 months) but not ideal.

Got my second Pfizer yesterday morning (I am a modern day hero and you’re all welcome).

Headache and scratchy throat last night, muscles aches and swollen glands today. Not the worst I’ve had (and I suspect some recency bias as I’ve genuinely not had a runny nose in 18 months) but not ideal.
I get my second in a few weeks. After the first I didn't get too much except a bit of fatigue and feeling a little run down then normal. Other then that wasn't too bad.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

I get my second in a few weeks. After the first I didn't get too much except a bit of fatigue and feeling a little run down then normal. Other then that wasn't too bad.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
I had no effects from my first. General consensus seems to be that you’ll have some reaction to one or the other, fingers crossed for you (although truthfully this isn’t too bad)

I had no effects from my first. General consensus seems to be that you’ll have some reaction to one or the other, fingers crossed for you (although truthfully this isn’t too bad)
I had my second on Friday. Saturday spent the afternoon in bed, headache, chills, fatigue, aches. 90% fine by Sunday but not something I'd want to repeat every 6-12 months to keep up a defined 'vaccinated' status.

ive been crook (shocking cough, headaches, sore throat and runny nose) for a week since my first dose. Hasnt improved since about day 3.

Shitload of non local people in Gippsland over the weekend. Lot of businesses refused service to metro people fleeing and reports of a few positive cases in Lakes Entrance/Paynesville area/ How long until Dan puts everyone back in jail again?

lol, really? How the fu** can someone be so desperate to sit in a blody pub ?? beggars belief. By a slab, sit in ya lounge room and every third beer have a glass of concrete. fu**.
lots of people like going to the pub with mates. Look at all the local footy/cricket clubs as well.
Sat night piss up after a game.
Gone now so too local comps in Vic for a second year.

One man’s pub is another man’s footy is another ladies F45 is another ladies small business.

We’ve all got our thing no point denigrating someone else’s
Spot on.
Someone getting a jab so that they can go to the pub is equally helpful to their mate who wants to go to the footy.
And I reckon many - like me - want to do both.
For me though the big prize is being able to confidently plan a holiday to Queensland. While that is further away right now, every jab in Victoria and Queensland (and probably other states) has to help towards that goal.

One man’s pub is another man’s footy is another ladies F45 is another ladies small business.

We’ve all got our thing no point denigrating someone else’s

Exactly. Then age comes into it as well. Things i would have loved to be doing as a 20 yr old, 25 yr old, 30 yrd old would be a lot different to what i want to be doing as a 40 year old as well.

As a 40yr old, lockdown doesnt bother me too much, im not missing out on much but FMD i would be missing out on some of the funnest things in my life in my 20's-30's. I feel for the 16-30 year olds - best time of your lives (in regard to having fun and getting up to mischief)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Then age comes into it as well. Things i would have loved to be doing as a 20 yr old, 25 yr old, 30 yrd old would be a lot different to what i want to be doing as a 40 year old as well.

As a 40yr old, lockdown doesnt bother me too much, im not missing out on much but FMD i would be missing out on some of the funnest things in my life in my 20's-30's. I feel for the 16-30 year olds - best time of your lives (in regard to having fun and getting up to mischief)
Yeah young people have been absolutely ****ed over. But, and hopefully Chief is sitting down when he reads this, i know plenty of young people still sneaking out and getting up to mischief. Not as much as usual though.

Gotta feel for those that have had their 18th and 19th birthdays in lockdown.

Extremely cruel.

Spot on.
Someone getting a jab so that they can go to the pub is equally helpful to their mate who wants to go to the footy.
And I reckon many - like me - want to do both.
For me though the big prize is being able to confidently plan a holiday to Queensland. While that is further away right now, every jab in Victoria and Queensland (and probably other states) has to help towards that goal.
well if borders open at 80%
We booked Sep holidays in regional Vic as thought too hard to go through 2 states to QLD with kids
They wanted to do movieworld crap
Now we cannot go more then 5km even though myself and wife double vaxed.

Gotta feel for those that have had their 18th and 19th birthdays in lockdown.

Extremely cruel.
My twins turn 10 in a few weeks. Another lockdown birthday.
A lot of their mates birthday parties been cancelled this year and last
Not easy on the young kids..
My two eldest the same kids who had birthdays now missed two get together with mates

I keep thinking pity we live in Vic where they cannot deal with outbreaks
WA actually enforce restrictions
We throw are arms around them

My twins turn 10 in a few weeks. Another lockdown birthday.
A lot of their mates birthday parties been cancelled this year and last
Not easy on the young kids..
My two eldest the same kids who had birthdays now missed two get together with mates

I keep thinking pity we live in Vic where they cannot deal with outbreaks
WA actually enforce restrictions
We throw are arms around them

One thing to be said for McGowan, is that they've been consistently hard-line on following the rules.

One or two idiots slapped with some serious repercussions might well have made the other idiots pause for a moment.

I’ve been saying this for ages. 16 to 26ish.

Year 11, 12, schoolies, gap years, Uni, first job, career building, moving out, travelling.

It’s those years and the years set back for them that I feel the most for.

One thing to be said for McGowan, is that they've been consistently hard-line on following the rules.

One or two idiots slapped with some serious repercussions might well have made the other idiots pause for a moment.
yep if you know you get away with it or not pay a fine
no one cares.

If you tell us the truth we will not fine you
Pretty much says do whatever you want.

Getting my second jab in an hour or so... looks like I'm in for a tough 48 hours

This is slightly flawed as it is based on current numbers. 2nd doses will start to double as first doses drop off so those figures will shorten quickly. Others have suggested end of October to very early November for 80% 2nd dose. The supply coming in between now and then suggests that to be the case.
I'm thinking/hoping people that initially had to wait 12 weeks between jabs reschedule appointments now that the 6 weeks is an option. My partner booked 2 weeks before me but initially and initially had to wait 12 weeks which would have meant she would get it early November, has rebooked I forget when but it's before mine which is October 21.

So Gladys is doing a press conference on her first day of no more press conferences

To tell people that if they aren't vaccinated when NSW opens up its their own fault and they might still be in lockdown while others are allowed out

Must feel good for all the people who are trying to get vaccinated but can't get an appointment until November to be told it's their own fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back