Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
I mean when you look at some of the high % in age breakdowns and our history of high vaccination rates in this country I kind of think like with most thing you're wrong about this

We'll see, they will end up changing the goal posts based on the amount of cases and most states will still lock down at the drop of a hat.

We'll see, they will end up changing the goal posts based on the amount of cases and most states will still lock down at the drop of a hat.
So first it was Dan will fail
Then it was we won't have enough and he will blame that Then people won't want to Now it's will get there and Dan will change the rules?

Would you guys support another 18 months of lockdowns?

To save lives and stuff, of course.

Asking for a friend.
Do you think we should have no restrictions at all?

Anyone who is scared of catching covid whilst being fully vaccinated is either over 80, and right in the age demographic of this website, or an absolute pussy.

End of.
Pussy probably isn't the right word but of you're double vaxxed and that's still not enough to live your life, better jump under your bed covers and never come out I reckon

I and quite a few I know are getting vaxxed purely because without out we won't be able to live a normal life anymore (rightly or wrongly)

In reference to Tea Rooms, the last few months my level of the building has been banned from going to the floor above for a coffee (small building maybe 20 people total across 2 floors)
A first world problem yes, but I hate the fact the whinging, nanny state personality types are always the ones who come out on top in these types of scenarios. Apparently one of them whinged (while locked away in their office wearing a mask) and they get their way
People are nuts

Vax passports Work

After a slow start, France now has one of the world’s highest vaccination rates, with close to 90% of adults in the country of 67 million people having received one or two vaccine doses, AFP reports.

The introduction of a Covid “health pass” in July, requiring people to prove that they have been either vaccinated or recently tested negative for Covid-19 to be able to access restaurants, bars, gyms or museums acted as a game-changer for millions of vaccine sceptics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1238774

Chief Marketing Officer for Pfizer, sorry I mean Premier urging citizens(?) to get her favourite medicine!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just following ATAGIs advice
Giving pensioners a choice and wrestling the over 60 vote from Slomo

I was reading somewhere that if your in Cairns just drop in and get a Pz you dont have to be a local even if youre visiting .....Grey Nomads from NSW and Vic would be all over that

AFR is saying 90 might be the new 80 for NSW

It would be great if we could all hit 90 not just the affluent urban suburbs

So everyone vulnerable and old is well and truly vaccinated by now, why TF are we still in full lockdown with shops closed, travel limits and curfews? What’s the justification? And where’s the evidence these excessively drastic measures are still necessary?

This is the most insane thing I’ve ever seen and it’s just allowed to continue indefinitely. What makes it even worse is how clearly incompetent the group of people making these decisions are.

They’ve had ample time to have been
But has there been ample supply and choice or proper co ordination ?
They still havent done all nursing home, health care, teachers, check out chicks, bunnings sausage sizzlers,bar maids,gym instructors cabbies uber drivers, food delivery guys,tradies.

535 cases for Vic, 62 linked to existing sources.

what hope do the contact tracers have?!
Contact tracing was a pointless exercise weeks ago. I mean they barely put up exposure sites now. 50 odd exposure sites a day for 500 cases? No chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back