Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody should be shitting their pants over it, it's just unwise imo to play games with it and get too cocky because they have youth and good health on their side when we keep seeing time and again, it can take them down as well.
235 days in lockdown says that Melburnians have s**t their pants. 😒

I'm kinda hoping or hanging out for parents, kids or teachers who somehow respectfully deliver their distate for prolonged lockdowns with term 4 basically down the gurgler.

You only have to see pages like the Shadow Pandemic page to see how badly this is impacting so many kids.
I'm sure there's plenty of parents and teachers who are putting on a brave face through all this trying to stay positive but they really are at breaking point.

Italy is to make it compulsory for all workers to have a Covid "green pass" - proof of vaccination, a negative test or recovery from the virus.
The measures are a first for Europe and some of the strictest in the world.
Anyone without a pass will reportedly face suspension from work and may have their pay stopped after five days.
Governments around the world "The covid vaccine won't become mandatory" Also governments around the world "Vaccines are now mandatory"

im with you mate, the covids will keep on mutating, its with us forever, we need to shut down everything permanently

too bad for the kids in school today who never got to experience real life but hey, like i said before, stuff em, amirite?

Attachments

• cov.jpg
    cov.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 21
I'm kinda hoping or hanging out for parents, kids or teachers who somehow respectfully deliver their distate for prolonged lockdowns with term 4 basically down the gurgler.

You only have to see pages like the Shadow Pandemic page to see how badly this is impacting so many kids.
I'm sure there's plenty of parents and teachers who are putting on a brave face through all this trying to stay positive but they really are at breaking point.
It's disgusting the way our year 12 students are being treated by the government and by VCAA. Unfortunately they have no real means or platform to voice their displeasure and will be cast aside as misinformed kids.

I do wonder how much of the protestors behaviour is a direct response to the cops show of force.

It’s not an excuse or justification but if you just let em cruise down flinders would it have been this extreme?

The Government and Police want this kind of confrontation and need to make sure it's all captured on camera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a real drag for sure. Tell me though, do you feel even a little bit unsettled that the TikTok guy who was on a megaphone winding people up at protests is in hospital now taking up bed space?
I don't feel unsettled at all. How many people each day are in hospital for the dumb s**t they do in their lives?

Drug users who overdose, dickhead drivers, obese people, people who smoke etc.

Our hospital beds are full of people who basically our themselves there through their stupidity or bad life choices.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

It's a real drag for sure. Tell me though, do you feel even a little bit unsettled that the TikTok guy who was on a megaphone winding people up at protests is in hospital now taking up bed space?
If he's sick enough to need hospital treatment then he should get hospital treatment. Just like every other person in Australia.

If he's sick enough to need hospital treatment then he should get hospital treatment. Just like every other person in Australia.

I think she was just using him as an example of the effect Covid can have on a young healthy person.

Of course people who need treatment after catching it due to their own flippancy can’t be refused that treatment, but by the same token if it ends up killing them they don't deserve to be mourned. No different to when a drunk driver slams into a tree or someone gets murdered in prison.

A recent survey by the Australian National University found 94 per cent over 18 were already or willing to get vaccinated.

Nope, not in the slightest. An insanely large amount of people die or get hospitalised evey year because of lots of different choices. This is just another one of those choices.

It's disgusting the way our year 12 students are being treated by the government and by VCAA. Unfortunately they have no real means or platform to voice their displeasure and will be cast aside as misinformed kids.
Dan's kid did VCE last year with special consideration. He doesn't give a s**t about other Victorians.

Absolutely staggering news that 70% fully vaccinated will be a genuine lockdown state, with minor openings allowed. Just unbelievably depressing.
It will be interesting to see what compliance is like until Andrews relaxes the rules just in time for Xmas to score points. Canberra has only had a month of restrictions and compliance is going out the window.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Compliance is still massively high when I went to town a few days ago in regional Qld

Its a good sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back