Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
How is people scanning a qr code a good sign. People in Melb have to be in bed by 9pm. It's different world down here mate, unless you live here you won't get it.
c0fb19e2a1b4bdcbac5604cbfe524f96

A groundbreaking new finger prick test is developed, that shows when people need a Covid-19 vaccine booster.

The test, created by world-leading experts at the Burnet Institute and Doherty Institute, shows when immunity to the virus is lagging and needs to be topped up.

Results can be obtained in less than 20 minutes, arming people with an indication of how susceptible they are to coronavirus and when they need another jab.

While the test doesn’t check for current infections, it will predict a person’s immunity to new and emerging variants and can be used for large groups.

A groundbreaking new finger prick test is developed, that shows when people need a Covid-19 vaccine booster.

The test, created by world-leading experts at the Burnet Institute and Doherty Institute, shows when immunity to the virus is lagging and needs to be topped up.

Results can be obtained in less than 20 minutes, arming people with an indication of how susceptible they are to coronavirus and when they need another jab.

While the test doesn’t check for current infections, it will predict a person’s immunity to new and emerging variants and can be used for large groups.

That’s awesome!

Why say 'taking up bed space'? It implied to me that he was taking up space for someone more deserving.

I tacked it on at the end? Context in a few exchanges with Deliverance was me trying to get across it's unwise not to take the health advice but if all you took out of it was me bringing attention to the fact his cocky behaviour put him in hospital where he's taking up resources most of us are in lockdowns trying to avoid doing, so be it.

Nowhere did I suggest either, he should be denied treatment. I agree with you, if he needs to be in the hospital that's where he should be. I asked if Deliverance was a little 'unsettled' by it because I was. I still think the word I used was appropriate.

I assume the roadmap out was produced by the same people who planned to the Wesgate Tunnel plan.
Maybe the Tunnel opens before we do :)

its a beast and 90% is the new 80% just watch and see

do not expect much so never disappointed with these idiots
Like I said I'm watching Denmark, they have over 70% total population coverage, in the top 10 globally and no restrictions currently, and cases are going down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think under risk and reward, the risk would be greater for people not locked down.
If you got pinged in lockdown you not going to change much but you might be able to reduce lockdown by complying

I think that was probably true for lockdown two in Victoria though people's complianced tapered off
towards the end, well at least with little things like wearing mask outdoors or catching up with friends outdoors ect. I think lockdowns after that lockdown fatigue has well and truly kicked in and after a week of lockdown 6 it became evident we aren't beating this outbreak with lockdown so why would people be compliant on things like wearing mask outside? Mind you it's hard to tell what's being followed or not because we can't do much. We can only really do anything except go down to the local Coles for groceries and most people do wear mask. I assume in your part in the world people are more compliant because there isn't many restrictions to be compliant by. I assume you can walk outside without a mask and can have visitors at your house. I'm not having a go but what restrictions do you have in regional qld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back