Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

Since logic is the theme of the day...

My temp housemate has now done the 3 test and 14 day isolation. Her clock started ticking on Thursday a fortnight ago, and as a Tier 2 contact I also had to quarantine.

Just been advised that I still have to quarantine the full 14 days even though the only connection I had to a positive case is out and back at work.

Go figure. At least I will be free to go to the 7 11 8.6kms from home tomorrow.

I've never met someone who plays golf that I thought was a decent human being that deserved my sympathy so I'm happy for golf to be left out of the new world order altogether, same with recreational fishing.

We haven't had a case for ages now and none in the wastewater so they know it isn't here

Can't stand with alcohol still, nor dance at weddings

HeAlTh AdViCe. Yes, neither of these things in isolation are noteworthy relative to Melbourne but it's a level of stupid that should not exist. We have more vaccinated now than 12 months ago yet more stupid rules. Has absolutely nothing to do with health and everything to do with power-hungry *******s like Spurrier not wanting to give up control

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't had a case for ages now and none in the wastewater so they know it isn't here

HeAlTh AdViCe. Yes, neither of these things in isolation are noteworthy relative to Melbourne but it's a level of stupid that should not exist. We have more vaccinated now than 12 months ago yet more stupid rules. Has absolutely nothing to do with health and everything to do with power-hungry *******s like Spurrier not wanting to give up control

Think yourself lucky that you can actually go to the pub. Hell, even better that you don't have to be home by 9pm!

Whether you agree or not, this IS a 1 in 100 year pandemic.

Appreciate what you do have rather than what you don't when others are doing it much tougher!

Sounds to me like they're looking at NSW and VIC and figured they might leave some restrictions in place if it means not ending up in our current position.

I've never met someone who plays golf that I thought was a decent human being that deserved my sympathy so I'm happy for golf to be left out of the new world order altogether, same with recreational fishing.
I enjoy both activities. Make of that what you will.

Think yourself lucky that you can actually go to the pub. Hell, even better that you don't have to be home by 9pm!

Whether you agree or not, this IS a 1 in 100 year pandemic.

Appreciate what you do have rather than what you don't when others are doing it much tougher!
Not doubting it's better than other places. That's irrelevant to the point - logic is dead!

It cannot get better here than it is right now, none of the BS is needed

Spell me the pandemic s**t now. We have no cases, haven't for months. It quite literally will never get better than it is now even post vaccination

Sounds to me like they're looking at NSW and VIC and figured they might leave some restrictions in place if it means not ending up in our current position.
Have restrictions while those states are where they are, that's fine. Have some restrictions that make a modicum of sense though and people might buy in more...

Puts people off going out thus needlessly hurting hospo all the while achieving literally nothing re our cases.

I enjoy both activities. Make of that what you will.
I rest my case, anyone that suggests jelly shots before a straw and can get beaten up by two boomers outside Princess Park doesn't deserve to be happy

Not doubting it's better than other places. That's irrelevant to the point - logic is dead!

It cannot get better here than it is right now, none of the BS is needed

Spell me the pandemic sh*t now. We have no cases, haven't for months. It quite literally will never get better than it is now even post vaccination

Just because it's not on your doorstep, doesn't mean the pandemic does not exist.

Once again, you are lucky to be in the situation you are in compared to nearly everywhere else around the world.

Yeah I think we often see rules that don't make sense in place with no decent explanation of why

We know that politics are involved in rules. We know media pressure has caused some rules to be put in place.

We know lobby group pressure from Business groups, unions, Feds etc have further muddied the waters

We also know within each state government there different factions and politics

It's no wonder we have such a hodge podge of measures and views around the country

Yeah I think we often see rules that don't make sense in place with no decent explanation of why

We know that politics are involved in rules. We know media pressure has caused some rules to be put in place.

We know lobby group pressure from Business groups, unions, Feds etc have further muddied the waters

We also know within each state government there different factions and politics

It's no wonder we have such a hodge podge of measures and views around the country
That's how you know the virus is so deadly. Politicians have time for games...

That's how you know the virus is so deadly. Politicians have time for games...
I'd say more that's how you know politics in this country is ****ed, they'd rather play games than do the right thing

Some very simple things they could have started working on 18 months ago would have been national guidelines for quarantine and the facilities, processes for safe home quarantine, massive funding increases for health care, consistent messaging on health and vaccines, actually procuring vaccines.

Welfare program funding including shelters for homeless and DV victims, and all of that would include the ability for people to move across state borders within Australia as well as in and out of the country.

Like its not that hard for them to work together instead of being little turds about it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back