Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

No small business is checking employees vaccine status, are they going to get compensated from the government for time and money lost by not allowing a good employee to work?

No small business is checking employees vaccine status, are they going to get compensated from the government for time and money lost by not allowing a good employee to work?

They're literally required to have the documentation under the Public Health Order.

Most employees will already be vaccinated, so the 'good employee' that's not vaccinated will be in the minority.

Company I work for has allowed the antivax supervisors to "work from home" how can a supervisor of a workshop of 20 work from home lol

Gutless

I suspect you haven't read the Public Health Order. They're doing the only thing they can do to facilitate the anti-vaxxer still being able to work.

Employer must ensure unvaccinated workers do not work outside ordinary place of residence
No work outside ordinary place of residence
(1) On or after the relevant date, an employer of a worker must not permit a worker who is unvaccinated to work for that employer outside the worker’s ordinary place of residence.
(2) For the purposes of subclause (1), if an employer does not hold vaccination information about a worker, the employer must treat the worker as if the worker is unvaccinated.

Link posted by yebiga with no context or commentary.
hey look a far right libertarian finance blog has an article on vaccines being bad

I suspect you haven't read the Public Health Order. They're doing the only thing they can do to facilitate the anti-vaxxer still being able to work.
You have no idea what supervisors do, point of contact for workers below.

How can workers contact them regarding jobs or the supervisors won't have an idea what's happening in the workshop while bludging at home.

An engineer can work from home as they don't need to be at the workshop but a supervisor can't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

walk ins for pfizer and moderna have been available for over a week, at what point does someone choosing to put their employer in the position of breaking the rules to let them work stop being a good employee?

You have no idea what supervisors do, point of contact for workers below.

How can workers contact them regarding jobs or the supervisors won't have an idea what's happening in the workshop while bludging at home.

An engineer can work from home as they don't need to be at the workshop but a supervisor can't.

Irrelevant.

As I said.

They're doing the only thing they can do to facilitate the anti-vaxxer still being able to work.

So your alternative is simply the anti-vaxxer not working at all. Your employer is doing the right thing by the anti-vaxxer here.

My office (25 employees) are checking vax status’ over the next couple of weeks. Those not vaxxed won’t be coming in when we reopen, not that I actually think any are unvaxxed.

Irrelevant.

As I said.

So your alternative is simply the anti-vaxxer not working at all. Your employer is doing the right thing by the anti-vaxxer here.
if it was the health and safety officer working from home would that be ok?

apparently in the states that federal vaccine mandate means if you work from home 100% you still have to get the jab to keep your job which I found interesting given how much they are about their freedoms over there

if it was the health and safety officer working from home would that be ok?

apparently in the states that federal vaccine mandate means if you work from home 100% you still have to get the jab to keep your job which I found interesting given how much they are about their freedoms over there

If the employer deems that they're able to do their job working remotely, then presumably they can facilitate that.

Obviously for someone that works as a truck driver, that's not an option, so they simply don't work. Other roles the employer might try to accommodate it, or might not.

They're literally required to have the documentation under the Public Health Order.

Most employees will already be vaccinated, so the 'good employee' that's not vaccinated will be in the minority.
walk ins for pfizer and moderna have been available for over a week, at what point does someone choosing to put their employer in the position of breaking the rules to let them work stop being a good employee?
A lot of these places were not authorised workplaces to operate during parts of the lockdown and they all did without a single check occurring. A friend owns a fabrication shop and he's not willing to lose a couple of good employees over it. Money talks.

These requirements will probably be phased out (if we follow NSW lead) so it's all theatre at this point.

A lot of these places were not authorised workplaces to operate during parts of the lockdown and they all did without a single check occurring. A friend owns a fabrication shop and he's not willing to lose a couple of good employees over it. Money talks.

These requirements will probably be phased out (if we follow NSW lead) so it's all theatre at this point.
as long as hes not one of these people complaining that lockdowns don't work while not following the rules

see a lot of that

Well it's a Government requirement, so either they breach the law and risk the fine per worker, or comply.
Im a govt employee (technically in health and construction too) and weve still not had it mandated or checked for...

I think the issue is they have no idea what theyll do with anyone who isnt getting the jab.

Nightmare for senior management.

so yeah almost 3% positive rate from yesterdays tests
2 days in a row over 2k new cases

NSW cases peaked with a first dose coverage of 77% and second dose coverage of 44%

meanwhile we are at 87% first dose and 62% second dose and still no confirmation we've peaked

Im a govt employee (technically in health and construction too) and weve still not had it mandated or checked for...

I think the issue is they have no idea what theyll do with anyone who isnt getting the jab.

Nightmare for senior management.

We've got 1 out of about 100 that's anti-vaxx. They've been told they won't be working as per Government requirements, given their role can't be done remotely.

Their anti-vaxx Facebook group letter won't help them.

We'll see how they go I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back