Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I see Marshall has now thrown doubt over the 80% figure

Goalposts moving long before they even need to now. Never mind the most vulnerable had almost all year to go get vaccinated. So laughably stupid at this point

Not to mention our CHO "we are a long way off allowing dancing at weddings". More vaccinated than this time last year yet more rules - nothing bad even happened last year. People just won't let their beloved covid go...

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you have to make that many assumptions to try and prove a point, it probably isn't a great point to begin with.

Decisions and arguments should be based on cold hard data at this point, not "what if's" (ie the Playground debacle).

It's a point made on logic and common sense. Where have you been for the last 18 months?

Part of you knows this because it wasn't until half way through this pandemic that you decided to jump ship because it all became a bit too hard for you.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a point made on logic and common sense. Where have you been for the last 18 months?

Part of you knows this because it wasn't until half way through this pandemic that you decided to jump ship because it all became a bit too hard for you.
Don't even know what you're arguing and don't need to to know this is a lie. Almost nothing they've done is based on common sense or logic

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is the weirdest argument ive seen on this thread... Im literally giving the barest modicum of credit for the govt doing what they said they would, you then said they have done that most of the time, i pointed out they kind of have but kind of havent and now youre saying they shouldnt get any credit because the announcements were pretty average (which i did acknowledge in my original post giving credit).

Good job on doing what you said Dan and crew, thats all. I honestly dont think it warranted a reply from anyone.

I'm not saying don't give them credit, I'm just saying it's an easy announcement but it doesn't matter anyway. Yep they said what was expected, let's move on.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Youve lost the plot. Anybody who are within 10kms from their house and are exercising while complying with all public health orders will not get a fine. Its that simple. To think otherwise just plays into the narrative of anti vax - anti authority dickheads, coincidentally the same group who mostly attend protests.

If they stop, gather in a group and start yelling obscenities at police then yeah they probably cop a fine.

Its not hard to understand, it really isnt.
You reckon if this bloke shows up

1631769478949.png

On his own, following the rules that the cops will pull aside the barricade on Spring Street and say "right this way sir".

And you reckon ive lost the plot.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
You reckon if this bloke shows up

View attachment 1237406

On his own, following the rules that the cops will pull aside the barricade on Spring Street and say "right this way sir".

And you reckon ive lost the plot.

Considering he is screaming and aggressive at them I don't think so and something tells me he very likely wasn't within the required distance from his house. You've used a really poor example here because almost certainly this bloke isn't compliant at all.

If he was wearing his mask and exercising without stopping to hassle cops yes they let him proceed provided he is within 10km of home. These are roadblocks btw, anyone can still walk into the lockdown area if they are within the required distance from their house or have a valid reason to be there.

I believe there was a case of exactly this where the police were forced to withdraw an infringement notice given due to the person exercising. IIRC the defendant then tried to take it further and take the health authorities to court in an attempt to have protests explicitly allowed which I believe they lost (and would have been a massive waste of time and money).

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
If you have to make that many assumptions to try and prove a point, it probably isn't a great point to begin with.

Decisions and arguments should be based on cold hard data at this point, not "what if's" (ie the Playground debacle).
Follow the science = make a load of assumptions with no requirement to test their validity.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Considering he is screaming and aggressive at them I don't think so and something tells me he very likely wasn't within the required distance from his house. You've used a really poor example here because almost certainly this bloke isn't compliant at all.

If he was wearing his mask and exercising without stopping to hassle cops yes they let him proceed provided he is within 10km of home. These are roadblocks btw, anyone can still walk into the lockdown area if they are within the required distance from their house or have a valid reason to be there.

I believe there was a case of exactly this where the police were forced to withdraw an infringement notice given due to the person exercising. IIRC the defendant then tried to take it further and take the health authorities to court in an attempt to have protests explicitly allowed which I believe they lost (and would have been a massive waste of time and money).

Alot of assumptions from you. He might have a place in North Melbourne, have his mask in his pocket. Could see the police doing exactly the same couldnt you?

Anyone protesting isnt exercising are they?

Why stop all public transport and blockade the CBD if not to stop the protests?

I dont really get why youre trying to pretend people are allowed to protest or that im supporting them.

They are going all out to stop the protest, the measures are excessive imo, but by all means ban a protest, by its very nature its breaking the current CHO rules.

Im also not implying they will give them a fine because thats a grey area, they will simply not allow people into the CBD under some of the grey area of the current rules (not exercising, with two people and not vaxxed etc).

Youre making out like these measures (stopping PT and blockading the city) ARENT being implemented specifically to stop the protest, that fact isnt even up for debate.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Youve lost the plot. Anybody who are within 10kms from their house and are exercising while complying with all public health orders will not get a fine. Its that simple. To think otherwise just plays into the narrative of anti vax - anti authority dickheads, coincidentally the same group who mostly attend protests.

If they stop, gather in a group and start yelling obscenities at police then yeah they probably cop a fine.

Its not hard to understand, it really isnt.
It seems hard for you to understand that if you arrange for a group 'exercise' session you will breach the current restrictions. And if you make it obvious that you're doing it as a cover for a protest the police will get medieval on you.

Also proud of whichever Journo raised the question of being able to have a beer at the picnic seeing as we currently have a no masks off for alcohol rule

asking the real questions

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It seems hard for you to understand that if you arrange for a group 'exercise' session you will breach the current restrictions. And if you make it obvious that you're doing it as a cover for a protest the police will get medieval on you.
"No officer, this "* Dan Andrews" sign is just a weight for my body attack session that i plan on doing on the spring street steps, in my jeans, with my 20 close friends in reclaim Australia jumpers. We will absolutely socially distance, in fact were not a group of 20 we are 10 groups of 2.

"Oh please carry on then sir, enjoy your day"

Last edited:
nah man its like you said that people couldn't protest and i said they can but that the cops should like bash them if they do it in a group and then you said that means they cant protest and was like but they can exercise while carrying a sign so they can and you were all like thats not reality and i was like why can't Shire of Yarra ranges be CLASSED AS REGIONAL

darcytiger

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Got my first jab on sep1 and couldn’t rebook online until oct13.

I tried a couple of times to change it as they said at the time it was only a 3 week wait. I just tried again and changed the date of when it says ‘date of first jab’. Was able to get one for 3 weeks on the dot.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

Nope. Allowed to exercise in a group of 5 others if you are fully vaxxed. So long as you continue on and dont stop to gather in a large group you are absolutely fine.

Your just making up scenarios now also with no evidence to back up your rhetoric. The last citizen who was fined by vicpol when complying with health orders had their infringement withdrawn. I have cops in my local sporting club that I count as colleagues so actually have some inside knowledge on this. They will only go after those who deliberately and brazenly disobey public health orders, this notion that they are out to get people is misplaced. Theyre not interested in a group of 5 people wearing a freedum shirt going for a walk. Many disagree with the lockdown crap but still follow the rules and enforce them.

But let"s ignore reality and folliw your wacky conspiracy theories where anyone who complies with public health orders displaying a sign that disagrees with lockdowns will automatically be arrested.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Got my first jab on sep1 and couldn’t rebook online until oct13.

I tried a couple of times to change it as they said at the time it was only a 3 week wait. I just tried again and changed the date of when it says ‘date of first jab’. Was able to get one for 3 weeks on the dot.

My 2nd jab was booked when I turned up for the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back