Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Nope. Allowed to exercise in a group of 5 others if you are fully vaxxed. So long as you continue on and dont stop to gather in a large group you are absolutely fine.

Your just making up scenarios now also with no evidence to back up your rhetoric. The last citizen who was fined by vicpol when complying with health orders had their infringement withdrawn. I have cops in my local sporting club that I count as colleagues so actually have some inside knowledge on this. They will only go after those who deliberately and brazenly disobey public health orders, this notion that they are out to get people is misplaced. Theyre not interested in a group of 5 people wearing a freedum shirt going for a walk. Many disagree with the lockdown crap but still follow the rules and enforce them.

But let"s ignore reality and folliw your wacky conspiracy theories where anyone who complies with public health orders displaying a sign that disagrees with lockdowns will automatically be arrested.
Alright, direct question then.

If this is the case, then why the need for blockades? I get that the PT might deter people from going beyond the 10kms but why blockades? What purpose do they serve if people are allowed into the city if fully compliant but protesting?

I feel pretty lucky in regards to vaccination appointments. Once I got mine done they said see you in 8 weeks and I got a text message shortly after. I'm guessing it was easy because it's az but it's interesting seeing other people's experiences. Mine was done at a pharmacy for the record.

Alright, direct question then.

If this is the case, then why the need for blockades? I get that the PT might deter people from going beyond the 10kms but why blockades? What purpose do they serve if people are allowed into the city if fully compliant but protesting?

The blockades are to deter people travelling from long distances away in cars and preventing a large gathering that could end up as a "super spreader" event. I personally don' believe outdoor protests are that risky but that will be their belief and their justification. They will stop cars but do little to prevent foot traffic. And if you're a local you'll be allowed to proceed.

Remember the blockades won't stop city residents from gathering for protests if they really want to.

I bet it's all a lot of talk anyway and much of the stuff that they are leaking to the media won't happen. If it does it's a waste of time and resources for me.

The blockades are to deter people travelling from long distances away in cars and preventing a large gathering that could end up as a "super spreader" event. I personally don' believe outdoor protests are that risky but that will be their belief and their justification. They will stop cars but do little to prevent foot traffic. And if you're a local you'll be allowed to proceed.

Remember the blockades won't stop city residents from gathering for protests if they really want to.

I bet it's all a lot of talk anyway and much of the stuff that they are leaking to the media won't happen. If it does it's a waste of time and resources for me.
... right.

Youve really committed to this so well played i suppose.

I booked my first shot in at MECC they weren't going to be open when i was due for my second so I had to book manually once I got home.
Partner got their second shot booked in while at their first and then was able to bring it forward when they announced they were shortening the window between doses for AZ

For those that think cops have it in for everyone they don't. they're just doing their job, many also hate the lockdowns. In general most will give you a warning first if you're not acting like a dickhead or lunatic if you aren't compliant with CHO directions execpt in the most egregious breaches of those directions.

... right.

Youve really committed to this so well played i suppose.

I'm just committed to fairness. It would be outrageous if while we are locked down to 10kms and not allowed to gather with friends they got an exemption to do as they please. Find a way to protest within the CHO rules like all of us have to deal with or don't do it at all. I got no sympathy for em.

I booked my first shot in at MECC they weren't going to be open when i was due for my second so I had to book manually once I got home.
Partner got their second shot booked in while at their first and then was able to bring it forward when they announced they were shortening the window between doses for AZ
Our jabbing people booked our second when we had the first
and you had a choice of 2 to 5 weeks...I didnt know the benefits of waiting a little longer at the time and was more worried about supply so wanted to get it quick,,,,before Scomo gave it all to Gladys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that think cops have it in for everyone they don't. they're just doing their job, many also hate the lockdowns. In general most will give you a warning first if you're not acting like a dickhead or lunatic if you aren't compliant with CHO directions execpt in the most egregious breaches of those directions.
I dont think they have it in for everyone.

Id be stunned if they werent over all of it as well but id also imagine they are more angry at protestors who are just making their life harder.

They also dont have to issue you a breach or a fine, they can simply tell you to move along or not let you into the CBD.

With all due respect you 3 mates at the sports club (which you cant still be seeing by the way) absolutely dont echo the statements of the top cops and politicians making it explicitly clear that you will not be allowed into the city to protest.

I think youre trying to imply that the only type of protest that will be "banned" is what you think of when you google the term protest (thousands of people side by side) there is no question that isnt allowed but there is also no way the cops are going to let even one or two people doing that into the city because one or two every 10 minutes at every entrance point winds up being that crowd that is banned a few hours later.

Youve got to be trolling to think otherwise.

First at Wyndham civic centre on August 12th. Couldnt get into Wyndham for the second so booked Ford centre, had to put in that i had my first on August 1st to get a booking for September 12th.

Think i said it before but the Ford mass vaxx was really well set up, in and out in no time.

I think I will do this too seeing as I don't really want to wait until the end of October, but it seems pretty stupid that the website allows people to skirt around the six week requirement like that.

I'm just committed to fairness. It would be outrageous if while we are locked down to 10kms and not allowed to gather with friends they got an exemption to do as they please. Find a way to protest within the CHO rules like all of us have to deal with or don't do it at all. I got no sympathy for em.
Yeh for the hundredth time, no one is saying they should be allowed to protest, in fact youre the one implying any form of protest will be allowed.

I think I will do this too seeing as I don't really want to wait until the end of October, but it seems pretty stupid that the website allows people to skirt around the six week requirement like that.
I think (pure speculation) that its actually just a programming issue from when they first launched the program and it was a six week wait.

Ive had a tiny tiny bit to do with the Health dept on it and that area doesnt move fast.

Yeh for the hundredth time, no one is saying they should be allowed to protest, in fact youre the one implying any form of protest will be allowed.

What the? I've always said protestors must follow the CHO directions like everyone else if they want to protest. How you equate that to implying any form of protest will be allowed is anyone's guess.

What the? I've always said protestors must follow the CHO directions like everyone else if they want to protest. How you equate that to implying any form of protest will be allowed is anyone's guess.
You serious?

All of us that are telling you that youre wrong are saying that no form of protest is going to be allowed, by its very nature no form of protest can actually comply with the orders and there is no way the police will allow it.

You continue to insist that protestors can if they comply with the orders... which is not possible and frankly even if it was somehow would be stopped anyway.

The message you quoted of mine says literally that.

I think (pure speculation) that its actually just a programming issue from when they first launched the program and it was a six week wait.

Ive had a tiny tiny bit to do with the Health dept on it and that area doesnt move fast.

Seems to be their MO.

I've just logged on and seen I can bring my appointment ahead three weeks and be done the first week of October instead of the last week. My only concern that they'll pick up that people are doing it, and I'll be put at the back of the queue as punishment.

You serious?

All of us that are telling you that youre wrong are saying that no form of protest is going to be allowed, by its very nature no form of protest can actually comply with the orders and there is no way the police will allow it.

You continue to insist that protestors can if they comply with the orders... which is not possible and frankly even if it was somehow would be stopped anyway.

The message you quoted of mine says literally that.

Your'e tying youself in knots. Previously you claimed that you know of no other way to protest. Now you say it is impossible to protest if they comply with health orders, when I said this literally a page ago you said otherwise.

You now claim they will be fined if they comply with CHO directions despite having no evidence to back this up and the only precedent for this saw the infringement notice withdrawn.

Your'e cooked.

Seems to be their MO.

I've just logged on and seen I can bring my appointment ahead three weeks and be done the first week of October instead of the last week. My only concern that they'll pick up that people are doing it, and I'll be put at the back of the queue as punishment.
Nah, i did it and literally no one asked me about it. They asked when i had my first jab and it obviously didnt line up with what id put in to book. Provided youve left long enough youll be fine.

Your'e tying youself in knots. Previously you claimed that you know of no other way to protest. Now you say it is impossible to protest if they comply with health orders, when I said this literally a page ago you said otherwise.

You now claim they will be fined if they comply with CHO directions despite having no evidence to back this up and the only precedent for this saw the infringement notice withdrawn.

Your'e cooked.
I dont know of any other way to protest, youve also not proposed an alternative (becoming premier or a journo aside). If you say there are plenty of other ways then youre kind of obligated to say what they are, you still havent other than being adamant you could put a tee shirt on and go for a walk (which is not a protest by mine or just about anybodies reasoning)

Google protest, tell me if any of the first say 100 images looks compliant? Also protesting isnt one of the reasons to leave home, so even if they followed all the other rules, police would still have every right to move them along.

Ive never said fined, i doubt theyll bother fining anyone, they just wont let them in or forcefully move them along if they find there way in.

Youre living in the most delusional sugarplum fairy world in existence, the cops arent standing on barricades at the surrounds of the CBD to let protesters in whether they comply with the rules or not (which weve already demonstrated they couldnt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back