Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

Vincent Hanna

Premium Platinum
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
Just FYI

I booked both 1st and 2nd shots of Pfizer last night online via HotDoc. Really easy and heaps of appointments available. I just found the nearest GP clinic that are stocking Pfizer.

Clinic has confirmed both appointments. The minimum gap between shots is three weeks but you can book it for four, five or six weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Jay Johnson

Senior List
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Time to vote for Clive Palmer

The only bloke with the balls to talk sense
yep, Clive is all about talking sense, no way he has any ulterior motives at all in being anti-vaccine.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's a point made on logic and common sense. Where have you been for the last 18 months?

Part of you knows this because it wasn't until half way through this pandemic that you decided to jump ship because it all became a bit too hard for you.
Don't even know what you're arguing and don't need to to know this is a lie. Almost nothing they've done is based on common sense or logic
Follow the science = make a load of assumptions with no requirement to test their validity.
I don't think I need to add any more than this. Most baffling thing is there's no shortage of real world data regarding outdoor transmission and what the science says.

I booked my first shot in at MECC they weren't going to be open when i was due for my second so I had to book manually once I got home.
Partner got their second shot booked in while at their first and then was able to bring it forward when they announced they were shortening the window between doses for AZ
I brought mine forward today at the chemist.

Massive overstep if it's the cops taking over PT.
I'm guessing the cops went to the government and CHO and got them to rubber stamp it.
It's a big chunk of the network not getting used for a few hours.
Trams it's a bit funny. They have the 96/109 terminated basically at the CBD anyway.

There really needs to be some oversight on the decisions. There needs to be a royal commission into it now. This sort of over reach is not appropriate.

I brought mine forward today at the chemist.

I'm guessing the cops went to the government and CHO and got them to rubber stamp it.
It's a big chunk of the network not getting used for a few hours.
Trams it's a bit funny. They have the 96/109 terminated basically at the CBD anyway.

There really needs to be some oversight on the decisions. There needs to be a royal commission into it now. This sort of over reach is not appropriate.
Vic parliament should be sitting virtually and we shouldn't have a few ministers and government officials making calls without oversight

I wonder if a protest had a left wing agenda to it, whether or not it would elicit such a response from the cops and the government?
Forgotten the BLM protests that got slammed pillar to post by every PM, that NSW went to court to try and get blocked and that in Sydney involved mass pepper spraying of People trying to go home on the trains?

"Now is not the time to protest!"

Alarming how many people parrot this.

When will be the right time to protest? Is it 85%, 90% or do we not have a number for that?
He didn't even ******* get it of the car such bullshit

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Vaccinated people are more likely to catch the virus from a vaccinated person than an unvaccinated person from a pure numbers perspective now, as has been seen in UK and Israel. So why are vaccinated people so scared of unvaccinated people? It should be the other way around but you don't see unvaccinated people running scared like vaccinated people seem to be at the thought of being in the same place as an unvaccinated "leper".
No. There are now so many vaccinated people in those countries that more vaxxed people than unvaxxed are passing it on, but a single unvaxxed person is still more likely than a vaccinated person to transmit the disease. And they are more likely to produce high viral loads, ensuring the people they give it to get a nice big juicy dose.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
Waiting to see what happens with Novavax. Will not be getting Astra or Pfizer at only 0.7% absolute risk reduction.

My other issue with these vaccines is they are the cause of the mutations in the virus we are seeing due to the underwhelming initial antibody production and remaining antibody levels after a few months. This combined with all the "breakthrough" cases concerns me.
No they aren't.

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Forgotten the BLM protests that got slammed pillar to post by every PM, that NSW went to court to try and get blocked and that in Sydney involved mass pepper spraying of People trying to go home on the trains?

From what I can remember there were weedy looking hipsters jumping on cars, dweebs shouting right in the face of coppers, generally making a nuisance of themselves. And the coppers just stood there and took it, silently watching on and ushering them though the CBD sights acting more like their bodyguards then anything else.

Very different when the protest was about Andrews, there were fists, knees, kicks, cheap shots galore flying everywhere on every protester they could get their hands on. And they didn't need much of an excuse to get physical, just a protester giving them a dirty look was all that was necessary to trigger police.

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
People aren't angry/upset depressed or whatever they are feeling because uncle Rupert told them so. The feeling comes from being under 200 plus days of lockdown.
Repetition.

Simplicity.

Alliteration, or ryhthym or rhyme.

All these things have long been known to get in people's heads, and change their opinion, even if consciously they know it's a meaningless slogan

So if you start regularly hearing a simple, catchy, repetitive rythmic sounding sound bite, a little viral ear worm, a political campaign is in play.

Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan. Dictator Dan.

So why are vaccinated people so scared of unvaccinated people? It should be the other way around but you don't see unvaccinated people running scared like vaccinated people seem to be at the thought of being in the same place as an unvaccinated "leper".
You either know the answer and are playing dumb or you are dumb.
Either way stupid people are dangerous and the rest of us don't want to be around the blatantly idiotic ones

From what I can remember there were weedy looking hipsters jumping on cars, dweebs shouting right in the face of coppers, generally making a nuisance of themselves. And the coppers just stood there and took it, silently watching on and ushering them though the CBD sights acting more like their bodyguards then anything else.

Very different when the protest was about Andrews, there were fists, knees, kicks, cheap shots galore flying everywhere on every protester they could get their hands on. And they didn't need much of an excuse to get physical, just a protester giving them a dirty look was all that was necessary to trigger police.
Did you get your coverage from sky news?
Serious question btw I already mentioned what happened in Sydney which was covered by Multiple news outlets

Last edited:
Novavax makes the annual flu vaccine. Obviously you aren't youtubing well enough. The numbers in for absolute risk reduction and information on mutations have come from peer reviewed papers.

Stop being ignorant and sprouting your unwarranted opinions. I say I'm going to potentially have a vaccine and you harrass me. Good job on making me feel less hesitant about it.
You mean this annual flu vaccine from Novavax?

Being in clinical trials does not mean they currently produce the annual flu vaccine.

There is a reason that when they are reported on the fact they haven't currently brought a product to market is mentioned. They are a newer player and a bit of an unknown in this space because of it

So like maybe check out the website of the company not just your favourite YouTube researcher

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Did you get your coverage from sky news?

Ch 7, 9, 10, ABC had the same footage.

Besides what does it matter which network filmed it, it happened. A lot of the people that get involved in these organized events have little understanding of what the protest is about and just go along to it as an excuse to lash out at police, regardless of whether it is a right or left issue.

Hate to break it to you but people that hold leftist views aren't all angels you know. There are lot of ignorant lazy dipshits on both sides of the political spectrum who treat politics as a if were a footy team and just along to these events because their LFWNJ/RWNJ mates say it's the right thing to do. They are more or less pressured into it (i.e. peer pressure) because they want belong and not because they deeply care about the issue of the protest in question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back