Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Israel's
17% unvaccinated account for 89% of ECMO patients
And 65% of serious cases and half of deaths

Booster shot increases protection elevenfold, data shows

The study used data on 1.14 million Israelis aged 60 and up who had received two doses of the vaccine by the end of August.
It divided cases into two groups: one consisting of people who received two doses of the vaccine, and another consisting of people who received a third dose.
The researchers found that at least 12 days after the booster shot, the rate of infection in the non-booster group was 11.4 higher than the booster group, while their rate of severe illness was 19.5 times higher.

We also don’t know the long term side effects of COVID, but that’s apparently less important than hypothetical vaccine side effects.

This seems to be the biggest point of all

option A) roll the dice on risk of catching a disease that’s goal is to kill you

option B) take a vaccine that has been designed to protect you

make your choice..

But no, certain dickheads continue to want to believe it doesn’t exist

option A) roll the dice on risk of catching a disease that’s goal is to kill you

make your choice..

It’s also such a minor inconvenience. If getting the vax cost a bunch of money and took days lining up I’d get it but it’s like an hour out of your day and we can’t do much else anyway.

Much like the protests I’m weird about this.
On the one hand it should be personal choice but then it’s public safety but then govt shouldn’t be making individual health choices but then you gotta live with the consequences of your decision…
I don’t know man, weird times to be alive
I think if you work in a role that brings you in contact with vulnerable people then it's fair.
Like she might have thought I'm just the receptionist but it's at an aged care facility, not a law firm.

The purpose of the employer is to care for vulnerable people therefore a condition of employment there can quite reasonably be that you're fully vaccinated to protect the people being cared for

What specific research are you waiting for? Vaccines are always being researched, there will always be research to 'wait' for.
I'm not waiting on anything but hating on people with young children who wish to wait until there's evidence of the vaccine being safe (in children) against a virus that we already know doesn't have long term effects (to this point) on young people seems like a pretty normal position to take.

Vast majority of people don't give their young children the flu shot so it's interesting why this is becoming so divisive.

I think if you work in a role that brings you in contact with vulnerable people then it's fair.
Like she might have thought I'm just the receptionist but it's at an aged care facility, not a law firm.

The purpose of the employer is to care for vulnerable people therefore a condition of employment there can quite reasonably be that you're fully vaccinated to protect the people being cared for
Yeh this is a fair point.

make your choice..

But how can you say the vaccine is safe when NOBODY knows the impact of having the vaccine in 5-10 years time as it has not been tested ?

Quite happy to take my chances without it.

Quite happy to take my chances without it

That’s fine, so long as you also accept your choices are delaying the return of basically everyone else in society’s ability to do more than leave home for 5 reasons.

That’s fine, so long as you also accept your choices are delaying the return of basically everyone else in society’s ability to do more than leave home for 5 reasons.

MEH!! I'm just one person, take your frustrations out on the protesters. At least I abide by the mask rules and adhere to the social distancing protocols

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MEH!! I'm just one person, take your frustrations out on the protesters. At least I abide by the mask rules and adhere to the social distancing protocoks
Last I checked the roadmap wasn't based on protest count it was vaccination rate so yeah you're part of the problem if you are choosing not to get vaccinated

I'm not waiting on anything but hating on people with young children who wish to wait until there's evidence of the vaccine being safe (in children) against a virus that we already know doesn't have long term effects (to this point) on young people seems like a pretty normal position to take.

Vast majority of people don't give their young children the flu shot so it's interesting why this is becoming so divisive.
Except we absolutely don’t know COVID doesn’t have long-term effects on children because we haven’t studied it, you know, long term.

Given younger people are increasingly catching COVID, you can take your chances with a disease or a widely studied vaccine. I say this as a parent of two kids under 10.

Yeh pretty odd logic both those calls.

I don’t know what the vaccine might do in spite of it being studied and cleared for use so I’ll take my chances to not contract a contagious disease that will almost certainly be harmful in some way, even if it is minor of which I also don’t know what the medium to long term effects will be.

don’t start that sh*t here.
If you don’t want to get vaccinated , that’s your right. No one should be badgering anyone because they decide it’s not for them.
STFU and keep to yourself it’s not your right to tell someone else what they should do FFS. For the record ,I’m vaccinated.
Vax passport checks will do the asking

More than half of the deaths at home from Covid in NSW were not known to health authorities until a postmortem examination.

“If people came to hospital earlier it could be in fact a life-saving presentation,”

“If people did have Covid, the question is why didn’t they get tested, or [did] something prevent them getting Covid treatment such as the fear and stigma of it.”

The ages of those who have died at home in NSW range from people in their 20s to 80s.

its happening
Depends where you live. NSW only doing them until Dec 1, ACT not planning them at all.

Hopefully QLD does them so you get the opportunity to lord it over the filthy unvaccinated, which you're clearly gagging to do. In the name of public health, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back