Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Depends where you live. NSW only doing them until Dec 1, ACT not planning them at all.

Hopefully QLD does them so you get the opportunity to lord it over the filthy unvaccinated, which you're clearly gagging to do. In the name of public health, of course.
Dont think it will just be Qld... try catching a plane

I mean I can see certain types of events still having that requirement, certainly overseas travel with the added bonus of wondering if the vaccine you've had will be recognised where you want to go

I'm not sure that common sense and Gladys go together though
And vice versa, will be interesting to see how quickly we fold on recognising Sinovac.

Seems the 3rd jab may be enough

Third doses stimulate the production of neutralising antibodies that are both higher in magnitude and have greater breadth against viral variants than those elicited by a second dose.
Taken together, booster jabs aren’t just an immune refresher – they are an immunological upgrade.
These superior neutralising antibody responses create an immunological buffer that is effective even against the Sars-CoV-2 Delta variant, explaining the dramatic reduction in risk of infection following third doses in Israel.
The same buffer would be expected to reduce the need for frequent “boosting” in the future, as higher levels of neutralising antibodies are predicted to confer longer-lasting immunity.

And vice versa, will be interesting to see how quickly we fold on recognising Sinovac.
US has...we will too (after the election)

On Monday, the White House announced that come November, it will lift the ban on most travelers from the European Union, China, Iran, South Africa, Brazil and India, as long as they can show proof of vaccination and a negative coronavirus test.

EU hasnt, Turks need to get a Pz on top of their SVs

don’t start that sh*t here.
If you don’t want to get vaccinated , that’s your right. No one should be badgering anyone because they decide it’s not for them.
STFU and keep to yourself it’s not your right to tell someone else what they should do FFS. For the record ,I’m vaccinated.
Don’t start what s**t? People just pointing out the pretty big flaw in the logic.

This seems to be the biggest point of all

option A) roll the dice on risk of catching a disease that’s goal is to kill you

option B) take a vaccine that has been designed to protect you

make your choice..

But no, certain dickheads continue to want to believe it doesn’t exist
Coronaviridae aren't sentient beings. They don't have goals.

If you don’t want to get vaccinated , that’s your right. No one should be badgering anyone because they decide it’s not for them.
STFU and keep to yourself it’s not your right to tell someone else what they should do FFS. For the record ,I’m vaccinated.
Agreed. There are very few anti vaxxers in Australia. People are sick of lockdowns, so we're reaching our targets quite quickly without carrots or sticks. Except for a very small sector of the community, why anyone cares about anyone else's vax status is beyond me.

Im brief interactions with anti vaxer friends they are the one shoving their views and information down the throats of anyone who'd listen. including me. i dont care if they are not jabbed.

Agreed. There are very few anti vaxxers in Australia. People are sick of lockdowns, so we're reaching our targets quite quickly without carrots or sticks. Except for a very small sector of the community, why anyone cares about anyone else's vax status is beyond me.
Probably because in the end the vax status of everyone effects everyone not just in getting out of lock down quicker but later in clogging up hospitals and making it difficult to have a post lock down "normal"

Singapore now boasts one of the world’s highest vaccination rates.
Some 82 per cent of all residents and about 90 per cent of those aged 12 and up are fully jabbed.
The government has acknowledged hospital hold ups in recent weeks reflect a failure to deflect mild cases away, rather than an overload of serious infections.
Case numbers have doubled in the last week, with just under 2000 new infections reported on Sunday.
The number of seriously ill is still relatively low, though, with 30 in intensive care and 172 on oxygen. In the last four weeks, 98 per cent of the 20,439 people infected had no or mild symptoms.

and they are putting the breaks on WFH and only 2 at a restaurant

Probably because in the end the vax status of everyone effects everyone not just in getting out of lock down quicker but later in clogging up hospitals and making it difficult to have a post lock down "normal"

Bingo.

These parasites should be called out.

Yeah, but we're flying towards our vax targets and hospitals are already clogged by people's lifestyle choices.

Yeah, but we're flying towards our vax targets and hospitals are already clogged by people's lifestyle choices.
The last 5% is always harder than the first 50%. In any event most on here werent going after anyone for not vaxxing just pointing out the huge logic hole being presented by those not wanting to get vaxxed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your happy to stay in lock down a little longer and happy to have a kid die because they cant get a bed later so we dont upset the refusniks?

you pick some strange hills to die on

d12e5b347bf1cf29aab699a4532edec867feaf16

The last 5% is always harder than the first 50%. In any event most on here werent going after anyone for not vaxxing just pointing out the huge logic hole being presented by those not wanting to get vaxxed.
The effort required to get the last 5% to vax just wouldn't be worth it. NSW Northern Rivers have a few enclaves of anti-5G/anti-vax/healing crystals types that won't be swayed by any evidence.

The effort required to get the last 5% to vax just wouldn't be worth it. NSW Northern Rivers have a few enclaves of anti-5G/anti-vax/healing crystals types that won't be swayed by any evidence.

Might be time to move the border south and make them a Queensland problem

It will be an interesting place after Xmas when everyone has desended there from Sydney

Agreed, it's bizarre logic. But logic has disappeared in a lot of people. Bottom line is, those people are so few in number, it won't impact anything.

So your happy to stay in lock down a little longer and happy to have a kid die because they cant get a bed later so we dont upset the refusniks?

you pick some strange hills to die on
Neither of those things will happen because of the minuscule percent that are anti vaxxers. You're getting all in a flap over a few YouTubers

I was more referring to the last 5% to get to 70% and 80%. We will never get 100% even 90% would be a big ask but anyone saying "oh weve flown to 50% double vaxxed, we will be at 70% and 80% in no time" is seriously underestimating how hard the last part of any mass participation event is.

Who knows which current restrictions will be permanent/long term, regardless of vax rates. Crystal ball stuff with our pollies.

Definitely a crap shoot in that respect. In terms of where we’ll end up vaccination rate-wise, most people have made their minds up by now. If they were going to get vaccinated they’d already be vaccinated, or at least booked in.

This is the first time MRNA vaccines have been used in humans (aside from some clinical studies) so people concerned about long term effects on children is fair enough imo. Adults can choose to take the AZ if they are worried about this, at this point children can not (afaik).

I sleep well at night all the same. I could be bribed into risking my health for it, but I won't be forced.
Dude you're like the vegan that wants everyone to know you're a vegan

This idea that you have absolute right to choice is clearly, clearly not backed up by history or law

Yeah it's going to be a political nightmare for a while I reckon

Because the antivaxxers are trying to recruit and grow their numbers and vaxx status impacts everyone

ah yes thats like saying other people have s**t working conditions so why complain about yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back