Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
This argument is just utterly stupid. "My body my choice" which than directly effects what happens to other people. It isnt "My body my choice" at all. Your choosing the fate potentially of others. And using the hide under the doona counter argument just shows people's ignorance and self centred contempt for others.

I know there's heated debate and no consensus on when life begins but abortion does involve the termination of another life growing inside the womb of a woman and yet that argument is perfectly valid for that circumstance for some people.

I'm double jabbed (reluctantly) but I have no issue whatsoever with anyone that doesn't want to get one of the covid vaccines. Anybody that is coerced to take these vaccines should not be forced to sign a consent form (like I said I did it reluctantly) and be able to sue the pharmaceutical companies for any medical problems that ensue.

What happened in the UK once it opened a lot who got their first did not come back
As they had freedoms.

Is this really true though. The numbers show that from Freedom Day 8 million of 10 million single vaccinated have gotten the 2nd jab. Add in the recommended 12 week gap between doses those 2 million are due over the next 2-3 weeks.

Who should we have aspired to be like? France, with almost 120,000 deaths and vax passports already in place for businesses? Italy with 130,000 deaths and a health system that collapsed? England with 160,000 deaths and locked down almost as long as Victoria? The US, about to tick over to 700,000 deaths.
Where are you getting these numbers?

Have you taken the time to look into them beyond surface level?

For example, a comparison between 'covid deaths' in '20/'21, and 'flu deaths' in prior years?

I know there's heated debate and no consensus on when life begins but abortion does involve the termination of another life growing inside the womb of a woman and yet that argument is perfectly valid for that circumstance for some people.

I'm double jabbed (reluctantly) but I have no issue whatsoever with anyone that doesn't want to get one of the covid vaccines. Anybody that is coerced to take these vaccines should not be forced to sign a consent form (like I said I did it reluctantly) and be able to sue the pharmaceutical companies for any medical problems that ensue.
I reckon if the government make a mandate on it. They have to wear the cost of it.

It's a strange logic isn't it?

Sure, it goes away... until there is a massive line up of ambulances at hospitals
That has been happening for the last few years in most states well before covid. Why weren’t more people outraged by this issue prior to Covid? It doesn’t appear to be improving at all given that it’s still happening in SA and WA over 18 months into the pandemic

Where are you getting these numbers?

Have you taken the time to look into them beyond surface level?

For example, a comparison between 'covid deaths' in '20/'21, and 'flu deaths' in prior years?
2018 had just over 17000 flu deaths. Heart disease was the biggest killer at 61000 deaths.

Lets be honest, any place that has to come out and make a public song and dance about only serving vaccinated or unvaccinated alike, is probably rubbish anyways.

People worried about being in the same establishment as someone who isn't vaccinated (when they are) is weird. Do they think they wont ever interact with someone not vaccinated in their life again?

It's ridiculous, it's also the kind of place you're more likely to get a text message from the government within the week and told you've been exposed then go through all the drama of testing and isolating. Who needs it?

I don't live in fear, I'm not concerned at all, I just don't want to be any further inconvenienced.

This argument is just utterly stupid. "My body my choice" which than directly effects what happens to other people. It isnt "My body my choice" at all. Your choosing the fate potentially of others. And using the hide under the doona counter argument just shows people's ignorance and self centred contempt for others.
If the vax is so good and protects you from rona, why are you so afraid of the un-vaxed? Or is it you don't really believe the wax works.

Is this really true though. The numbers show that from Freedom Day 8 million of 10 million single vaccinated have gotten the 2nd jab. Add in the recommended 12 week gap between doses those 2 million are due over the next 2-3 weeks.
been a few articles around..
Millions of people missed having their second coronavirus vaccines by the time they were due to have them, data has suggested.
Figures published by the Government show that by August 18, a total of 1.4 million people who were due to have their second Pfizer BioNTech vaccine had missed having it, analysis by the PA news agency shows.
For the Oxford AstraZeneca intake, between 400,000 and 600,000 people also eligible for their second dose by that date had not come forward.

Also this one

People getting vaxed are either doing it to keep themselves safe and others
Or doing it to get out of lockdown. Once out of lockdown you hope they go back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the vax is so good and protects you from rona, why are you so afraid of the un-vaxed? Or is it you don't really believe the wax works.
What's was works got to do with anything

It was a comment about why people avoided second doses

your putting your own spin on it

some people who could, changed doses and got the bad reaction on both...Canada England and Germany
AZ first and Pz second

but this was about people avoiding the second dose,which I dont think is a lot in Australia

Im sorry if I dont think like you
Yeah you sure don't You specifically said issues with AZ and fear of potential issues with Pfizer

You could have said issues with first dose, you always and I mean always find ways to talk down about AZ and then claim you don't have an agenda

been a few articles around..
Millions of people missed having their second coronavirus vaccines by the time they were due to have them, data has suggested.
Figures published by the Government show that by August 18, a total of 1.4 million people who were due to have their second Pfizer BioNTech vaccine had missed having it, analysis by the PA news agency shows.
For the Oxford AstraZeneca intake, between 400,000 and 600,000 people also eligible for their second dose by that date had not come forward.

Also this one

People getting vaxed are either doing it to keep themselves safe and others
Or doing it to get out of lockdown. Once out of lockdown you hope they go back.
I understand that but that is only 20% not coming back. And at 80% already done then 20% of less than 20% is not a lot.

Someone dosent want to get vaccinated ?
Or want use last nights curry instead of Pf or Az...who gives a flying a fu**! No one should. Just mind your own business. sh*t will open , it’s not going to affect you.
And if your afraid of being around unvaccinated people , your f’ed anyway and not a thing on this earth can help you. Just stay under the doona.
It beggars belief that after all this time you still fundamentally misunderstand how vaccines work and what is required for them to be effective.

you say cricket and tennis be prob double vaxed only
we hit more cases once we open up and Jan not that far away if we open around mid Nov
Just watch Europe during their coming cold to see what we will faced with next year.
Did Dan front the media today and accept his award for overtaking NSW or did he let his muppets do the talking for him?
His PR guy doing a sterling job though.
We beat Covid apparently. Get out of Vic as soon as you can. If anyone thinks next year will be any better they are kidding themselves.

4AA25A1B-FFE1-4AC3-AF00-BE5CEC076FF0.jpeg

I understand that but that is only 20% not coming back. And at 80% already done then 20% of less than 20% is not a lot.
we opening at 80% double vaxed, UK and other places opened at 80% first dose.
So yes been worse with no shows there.

If they leave it 4-6 weeks between doses 90% roughly 10 days time.
So I think Dan playing the numbers game to try to get as many first dose before we open.
I say we switch to 3 week close to when we hit 90% around the 9th of Oct
Still give us time to open around the 6th of Nov although the 10-14 day gap between 80-90% be closer.
Less chance people will not got back.

in Vic roughly 550k at 10% adults.. even 20% of the last 10% miss it around 100k
vax wise we have in October 2,160,000 Pfizer 802,000 Moderna and 347,000 AZ
To get to
90% single vax 540k
70% we need from today 1.2 million second doses
80% we need another 540k second doses on top of 70%
90% double vax extra 540k
Total 2.8 mill doses needed so not be October depending on the mix
Add the 12-17 - 308,611.. 80% 246k
of these 114,443 had first dose
2,927 second

We need to find 400k.. a lot of it Pfizer.. Although kids getting Moderna as well.. My 2 had it today

Last edited:
Official government health websites. But please, do tell me more about your googling skills.

So did you check a comparison between the change in flu deaths pre covid and post covid?

2018 had just over 17000 flu deaths. Heart disease was the biggest killer at 61000 deaths.

So did you check a comparison between the change in flu deaths pre covid and post covid?

Queensland’s decision to mandate vaccines for cross-border freight drivers will ease some of their testing requirements while increasing pressure for a national approach following a fresh scare from the sector, which authorities have been warning will likely be behind the next outbreak.

Seven instances of interstate drivers bringing the virus into Queensland have been reported since late August

You would have thought this should have happened months ago

A new book by Sky’s Sharri Markson, What Really Happened in Wuhan, has allegedly exposed a string of massive holes in China’s pandemic timeline.

I would normally take Sky with a grain of salt but if this can be substantiated it will get interesting.

Toilet Rats

WFH has made them hungry and they are moving from the city to the houses

They’re getting bolder, and they’re increasing in number. The British rat population grew by about 25% in 2020, to about 150m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back