Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok explain why every response in the last 53 minutes on this page are all from Mods, except for this Mcnulty guy who is actually posting pics of what I was trying to post
From where I’m sitting, and correct me if I’m wrong, but you seem to come in here and take potshots at Australia from afar about our approach to the pandemic, when in fact most sensible countries were doing similar things in a time of great uncertainty.

We were told by various knuckleheads in here that this was some sort of power grab, creeping authoritarianism and the like. Except of course it wasn’t- some of it may have been overkill, and some in hindsight looks a bit silly, but it was from people who were actually responsible for the decisions they made and were confronting something humanity hadn’t encountered in a century. I’m willing to cut them some slack.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Image 09-09-2022 at 00.01.jpg

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
From where I’m sitting, and correct me if I’m wrong, but you seem to come in here and take potshots at Australia from afar about our approach to the pandemic, when in fact most sensible countries were doing similar things in a time of great uncertainty.

We were told by various knuckleheads in here that this was some sort of power grab, creeping authoritarianism and the like. Except of course it wasn’t- some of it may have been overkill, and some in hindsight looks a bit silly, but it was from people who were actually responsible for the decisions they made and were confronting something humanity hadn’t encountered in a century. I’m willing to cut them some slack.

My mods are early risers.
Worms is a bit too flattering for most of them. Though there are a few good eggs in there.

Seriously, this is what I see:

View attachment 1503698

It's not a ******* .webp or something is it? This started a few weeks ago and I whinged about it at the time through the right channels but nothing much seems to have happened.
WEBP has never embedded properly.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd really like to know if it's safe to return to Australia.. Are they still doing this at the footy (I ask again?)

If they are, why?

If they're not... why?

There is no answer that does not make the people who advocated for this s*t look like a ****** idiot.
Nothing like that is happening at the footy or elsewhere in Australia. The pandemic is over and life is back to normal for the vast majority.

You may have trouble with work options here because some employers will expect to know your vaccination status.

Seriously, this is what I see:

View attachment 1503698

It's not a ******* .webp or something is it? This started a few weeks ago and I whinged about it at the time through the right channels but nothing much seems to have happened.
I have a Python script that zaps Webp into jpg in an instant. I can send it to you.

So I've been a bit blase about the whole covid thing lately, no masking, signing in or need to show vaccine status. Until I had to try and get around WA. Many are still wearing masks and I needed to do a couple of RATs. I didn't really want to fly back preferring to drive it but had to in the end, my uncle died a couple of weeks ago after catching covid on the Melbourne-Hobart flight (we think). Two days in hospital on drips, felt fine then he deteriorated so fast nobody could do a thing for him. He was gone.

Last edited:

hebog

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Swansea
So I've been a bit blase about the whole covid thing lately, no masking, signing in or need to show vaccine status. Until I had to try and get around WA. Many are still wearing masks and I needed to do a couple of RATs. I didn't really want to fly back preferring to drive it but had to in the end, my uncle died a couple of weeks ago after catching covid on the Melbourne-Hobart flight (we think). Two days in hospital on drips, felt fine then he deteriorated so fast nobody could do a thing for him. He was gone.
People are far too complacent about Covid. Governments are putting business ahead of peoples health. Read the article by professor Chris Goodnow ‘ Three myths about COVID-19’. Do everything you can to avoid catching it.

People are far too complacent about Covid. Governments are putting business ahead of peoples health. Read the article by professor Chris Goodnow ‘ Three myths about COVID-19’. Do everything you can to avoid catching it.

With adult kids, a few months ago I was regularly reminding them not to become complacent and take unnecessary risks. Best not to catch the thing at all I said and reading the article by Goodnow, has reinforced it as sensible advice.

Anthony U

Draftee
Sep 19, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Was he vaccinated? Underlying health issues? How could this of happened?

Because I'm unvaccinated and have had 3 bouts of covid now since covid was invented and still don't know what all the fuss is about. My brothers and 2 sisters are vaccinated and their bouts with covid have been the same as mine, it's a all a hoax in my opinion.

Didn't get his boosters and was in his senior years if pretty agile, with an underlying health issue that might have at some stage killed him.

Because I'm unvaccinated and have had 3 bouts of covid now since covid was invented and still don't know what all the fuss is about. My brothers and 2 sisters are vaccinated and their bouts with covid have been the same as mine, it's a all a hoax in my opinion.

Yeah I got stuck partnering up on a long haul hotshot recently with someone who was anti-vax, at all the protests and was getting over covid. He'd never admit he was too weak and scrambled to finish the job and with a range of issues I'm pretty sure he couldn't have had before it and done this kind of work.

So lucky you, you're catching covid over and over and over without a care in the world.

Thank you and goodbye.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

How is it all a hoax? There are plenty of videos you can watch on youtube about the strain covid was putting on ICU's worldwide if you want an understanding just how damaging covid was. You sound like you and your family have been lucky so far but that sample size is way too small to be drawing conclusions or calling things a hoax.

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
And after three years of strident denials from The Authorities, the US Senate releases a report saying everything points to it being lab-originated.

US gain-of-function research deemed too dangerous to continue and by sheer coincidence the NIH and USAID fund the research to continue in Wuhan.

Or so I'm told.

Back