Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be like Swine flu. Sucks for the first few who get it but loses its potency as it spreads so just ends up like a mild dose. Locking a city down is huge thou so maybe something in it or a panicked over reaction. Who knows

From 2 reported deaths to now almost 50 in 2 days, I don't think so.

Not the thread for it, obviously....But you do recognise that Trumps admin is stacked with former Goldman Sachs peeps in many high posts.....The self-same scum-bag organisation who crashed the U.S economy in 1929, causing the advent of the Great Depression.

Might be a good idea to do some research before rubbishing posts backed by historical facts....Especially when you source sites that are known to be vetted by the intel community, invested in maintaining the status quo via misrepresenttions & propaganda.

Its already too late.
Australian medical personnel stating we are prepared to combat it. Yeah, right.
Its a pandemic.
We should have closed our borders to anyone travelling from China.
Just yesterday we had a plane land from the infected city in Sydney. God knows how many more got through.
The virus has a 14 day incubation period where infected people show no signs.
This is gonna be bad :(
So what do you do with the Aussies stuck there. Problem is the incubation period like you say so people would have slipped through before any news even broke.
Also after a 10 hour flight and all the queues going through customs most people are just going to want to get through asap so will omit any minor details re sickness unless they are keeping over.

So what do you do with the Aussies stuck there. Problem is the incubation period like you say so people would have slipped through before any news even broke.
Also after a 10 hour flight and all the queues going through customs most people are just going to want to get through asap so will omit any minor details re sickness unless they are keeping over.
Leave them stuck there.
Long queues are just bad luck.
We are going to have enough trouble containing the virus without letting more infected people in.
This is a pandemic.
China will not be telling the truth about how bad it is.

Every country having some casualties will get us closer to a "cure"
The world is so small nowadays you wont be able to contain it anyhow,especially with a 14 day incubation with no symptoms

I will just go more hermit wash my hands and try not to touch my face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

China’s national health minister Ma Xiaowei said the new coronavirus is also infectious during incubation, which is different from Sars.

.......scary stuff you can get it off someone who doesnt even know they have it

This could be like Swine flu. Sucks for the first few who get it but loses its potency as it spreads so just ends up like a mild dose. Locking a city down is huge thou so maybe something in it or a panicked over reaction. Who knows

Exactly what I thought.

Though, I don't remember seeing what looked like caskets used for preventing spreading for Swine Flu like I am the Coronavirus.

You dont seem to be grasping the severity of the virus.
This isnt just a flue strain.
This is a deadly pandemic. We could be talking deaths in the millions.
The Spanish Flu was a flu strain

Probably 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million (three to five percent of Earth's population at the time) died, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.

Bit more history here.

"In the realm of infectious diseases, a pandemic is the worst case scenario. When an epidemic spreads beyond a country’s borders, that’s when the disease officially becomes a pandemic".

1957: Asian flu
Starting in Hong Kong and spreading throughout China and then into the United States, the Asian flu became widespread in England where, over six months, 14,000 people died. A second wave followed, causing 69,800 deaths in the United States. A vaccine was developed the same year, ending the pandemic.

The Spanish Flu was a flu strain

Probably 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million (three to five percent of Earth's population at the time) died, making it one of the deadliest epidemics in human history.
Spanish flu killed more people than the Bubonic Plaque so if it’s anywhere near as bad we’re in a lot of trouble.
Hopefully a vaccine will be fast tracked but even that may not help much if the corona virus mutates quickly.

Spanish flu killed more people than the Bubonic Plaque so if it’s anywhere near as bad we’re in a lot of trouble.
Hopefully a vaccine will be fast tracked but even that may not help much if the corona virus mutates quickly.

Alot more people & alot more ease of movement by the time the 20th C rolled in.....Hence the scale of infections & deaths by comparison.

So the big elephant in the room would be the tens of thousands of international students heading over to start the university year. I know that was the biggest problem with the swine flu when I was at Monash.

Not just Oz & N.Z students, but Chinese students from all over Europe & North America would have returned home for the New Year celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back