Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dog is safe in my backyard. Thing is Asians are the first ones to cry racist in Australia and also the first ones to bash white bogans.
Never seen a bogan pay money to eat something stupid. They only will if they got dared to for cash.
Aussie-Meat-Pie-and-Sauce.jpg

Was watching Contagion a few weeks back

Spooky to think that it’s kind of playing out exactly the same (obviously the mortality rate is not on the same level but still)

Great movie. I expect a few movies of this type will get a bump in viewership over the next few months.

The Mist, is a good movie to demonstrate how public hysteria can cause mass panic and fear.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone notice that nearly every new case here in AUS has flown in from the US?

I’m telling u a shitstorm is brewing over there
I’ll be staggered if it isn’t an absolute disaster there.

Plenty can’t afford health care and avoid seeking it unless they believe it’s absolutely necessary. A few of the symptoms of Coronavirus would have them carrying on with their lives. Meanwhile coming into contact with plenty of people in places with massive populations.

Then you’ve got a leader in Trump who seems to not understand the virus at all and the impact it could have on his country and it’s inept health care system. Not only might he be terrible in making decisions but his words are gospel to his supporters so expect to see a bunch of people with MAGA hats refusing to believe coronavirus is worth some worry and actions.

Definitely better than this.

23773182-7920573-image-a-19_1579784467308.jpg
Whilst this didn't cause the virus, I can't understand how anyone would willingly look at that and eat it. I like to be adventurous when I travel and eat different things but surely a line has to be drawn somewhere.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Whilst this didn't cause the virus, I can't understand how anyone would willingly look at that and eat it. I like to be adventurous when I travel and eat different things but surely a line has to be drawn somewhere.
In China they eat monkey. That's definitely crossing the line

HardcoreGeelongFan

Club Legend
Dec 31, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
St Kilda
In case you just came down in the last shower ....The world is an international community now, what with air-travel being so cheap & accessible to the masses.

Chinese students also inform a large component of full-fee paying international students at so many Western Universities, who rely & depend upon their $$$

As someone who has never traveled overseas or has any plans too, you could imagine how I feel about all these blatant "spreaders". Right now we're at a point if people want to travel and do catch it, they should be culled like the chooks. It's completely unfair on those who don't travel.

Same for all those stupid people blaming anti vaxxers for spreading diseases. It's actually globalists/people who travel overseas that spread diseases. Diseases can't fly overseas without people

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
Had our first death from it here the other day. I have to work from home on Friday because kids daycare is closing to do a massive clean. The whole company was supposed to meet in Calgary for a conference in a few weeks and it looks like that will be cancelled. A few concerts have been cancelled and the NHL are talking about playing without crowds.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

“The WHO has been assessing this outbreak around the clock and we are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction,” WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said.

“We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterised as a pandemic.”

Alarming levels of inaction indeed.

By not doing contact tracing because you don’t even know who has the virus because of minimal testing for it?

And letting in all those asymptomatic overseas Travellers with viruses these past few weeks.

And Governments going thru the charade of pretending that the virus can be kept out by airport screening as opposed to travel bans.

And not even bothering to decree 14 days self isolation on all airport incoming people.

And denial and lying about the spreadability of the virus by asymptomatic or barely symptomatic virus infected people and the superspreaders.

And not canceling events with large numbers of people.

Are they going to name and shame?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Withholding health information from the markets. Naughty naughty.

####ing trump and his band of merry nutcases running America. Absolutely insane stuff.

troybe

Assistant to the Travelling Secretary
Apr 19, 2008
Bunnings Institute for the Galactically Stupid
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
Had our first death from it here the other day. I have to work from home on Friday because kids daycare is closing to do a massive clean. The whole company was supposed to meet in Calgary for a conference in a few weeks and it looks like that will be cancelled. A few concerts have been cancelled and the NHL are talking about playing without crowds.

Have they said anything about the Calgary Stampede that’s in June or July isn’t it? That’s a massive money spinner for the town.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back