Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In cubs we put damper on sticks and singed it in the fire . Are we low on flour in supermarkets?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think flour is one of those products that is suspect to sudden demand.
When I were doing inventory for Coles a few years ago (during the great egg shortage), Flour was always in limited supply and would often sell out for days on end.

I think flour is one of those products that is suspect to sudden demand.
When I were doing inventory for Coles a few years ago (during the great egg shortage), Flour was always in limited supply and would often sell out for days on end.

Thanks sports. I guess it’s a staple . Home made bread etc.

How many kids are you thinking would congregate in these spots during what would have been school hours?
It would be like the weekend every day. So more children would travel further into hubs like major cities rather than if they had a few hours a day before their parents came home.

from most NSW selective schools.
Hardly any
I think in regional areas it would not be a problem. But ppl from the burbs is where I think it could be less beneficial.

I myself would like the Government to make it voluntary. If you can supervise your child at home and put less strain on the system it would be the most sensible way to go.
But if you can't supervise your children, Having the schools open would also be a sensible option.

There is no current software implemented to do mass home schooling atm.
If individual schools implement one and are prepared to teach classes from home then they should be able to do so as well.

Saw them at the musos club in Melbourne on their first tour playing their first album. Surreal. I snuck in underage. Dancing to someone’s else’s train. On topic I hope we find the cure. Whatever that is. ..On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He comes across as a bit of a pose, that lead singer of theirs....Their song Close To ME, where they're all stuck in a wardrobe playing their musical instruments, always sticks in my imagination for some quirky reason.

He comes across as a bit of a pose, that lead singer of theirs....Their song Close To ME, where they're all stuck in a wardrobe playing their musical instruments, always sticks in my imagination for some quirky reason.

Fair point 35. Charlotte Sometimes. One of the best shoe gazing bands .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some mistruths about supermarket supply chains and ordering systems in here.

One poster mentioned just in time ordering which is 100% spot on. Depending on the category and promotions on at the time supermarkets might only carry a maximum of 7 days worth of inventory in stores and DC’s. When people are buying at the rates they are at the moment the entire supply chain can’t keep up. IE not enough trucks, not enough staff to replenish. Coles and Woolies should just shut the doors for a day to catch up. We deal with it at xmas.

Aldi much more likely to be in supply with how streamlined their store operations are and the fact that every store has to be within 4 hours of a DC.

Some mistruths about supermarket supply chains and ordering systems in here.

One poster mentioned just in time ordering which is 100% spot on. Depending on the category and promotions on at the time supermarkets might only carry a maximum of 7 days worth of inventory in stores and DC’s. When people are buying at the rates they are at the moment the entire supply chain can’t keep up. IE not enough trucks, not enough staff to replenish. Coles and Woolies should just shut the doors for a day to catch up. We deal with it at xmas.

Aldi much more likely to be in supply with how streamlined their store operations are and the fact that every store has to be within 4 hours of a DC.
Exactly this, talking to a family member has a IGA store, they have doubled turnover, has a storeroom full but cant get it on the shelves.
I recon this week they will end up with supply issues ie every store ordering twice the amount and the system can't cope

Exactly this, talking to a family member has a IGA store, they have doubled turnover, has a storeroom full but cant get it on the shelves.
I recon this week they will end up with supply issues ie every store ordering twice the amount and the system can't cope
So I guess the big question is, when will the people stocking up be satisfied with the stores of food they have at their fingertips?

Tomorrow on the ASX is likely to be a bloodbath if it even opens at all!

But by way of ballpark, and to provide a sense of how far away we are from the recently revised consensus, we are looking at Q2 GDP in the range of -20 per cent to -30 per cent on a quarter on quarter annualised basis, with risks skewed to the downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back