Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forecast around 7% unemployment rate in Australia from the result of this virus, is a sick joke.

Multiple cafes at the lobby level of large companies' buildings. Said company directs staff to WFH. 🤔

Some big companies are trying to be cool - giving a rent break to those cafes. I bet plenty don't though

People were calling for that to happen back when they started to record the first cases here but the govt was saying that wasn't a realistic option, amazing how quickly that has changed since the s**t started to hit the fan in the last week or so and other countries brought in tougher border controls or closed their borders. They don't have much to lose now by closing the borders as most people aren't travelling overseas now and the airline and tourism industries are already stuffed.
Not much to gain either, as even they seem to have abandoned "it can't spread asymptomatically" line they were using to justify dragging their feet towards doing anything. Presumably it's already been spreading without getting detected for a week if not more (hope I'm wrong)

The forecast around 7% unemployment rate in Australia from the result of this virus, is a sick joke.
Yep, know a guy who owns a store who is having to face either pulling the trigger on his employees or shutting down the business (not sure how you'd even sell a business for the next year or so).

You should have seen the aftermaths of Hiroshima & Nagasaki....Not to mention Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia after all the Agent Orange & the illegal & outlawed Carpet cluster bombing.
Did you see it , I’m only asking because everything else seems so to be a false flag with you I’m surprised you believed it happened.

Stopped eating out or takeaways at any cheapos 100% a couple of weeks ago (only cheapos for my family).
No Oporto, no sushi, no $10 pub dinner etc.

Why is that specifically? No judge - just curious. :)

I for example have made a mental note that I am definitely going to the organic cafe near me for brunch on Saturday. I don't want them to go to the wall, and whilst I'm not doing as well as the average Bigfooty poster, I do have discretionary money so going out of my way to aim more custom to these places for the next few months is no biggy.

Plus, whilst I have respectable stored food stocks at home (prolly 3-4 weeks) I'm conscious of drawing those stocks down given the current environment and the uncertainty around resupply. So having a cafe meal helps here too.

But we all have different circumstances and associated risk thresholds - so I'm curious as to why you've gone in the opposite direction. Conversationally.

I just paid a deposit for a shade sail for my driveway and am proceeding with the work. Its $3500 all up. Local small business operator. He was so happy to get the work tho he said the powder coated poles are out of his control but hoping for the usual 2 week turnaround.

I contemplated not going ahead with it , keep the cash in case i need it, but trying to do business as usual as much as i can.

I think there's like one drive in left in Perth. Maybe.

Leinster is the only other one I know of.

..and Leinster hasn't been up and running for about 3 or 4 years, they're trying to get it up and running now without having to fork out $50k+ for a second hand digital projector. They used to run on the celluloid film but they aren't distributed in that format anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've sent someone out to get me some laying hens and a couple of other things if I can't get what I need in the next few days. My backyard could end up looking like this by the time the plague is over.

View attachment 842748
Make sure you have enough feed or a big freezer

lol, okay

Sorry champ but on what basis are you calling me a liar? I've been teaching for 20 years and this is what I have experienced. On what basis are you saying it's not the case? It's not just a matter of walking in and walking out the door after teaching a lesson. There's planning(these days the emphasis is on differentiation so you might have to prepare 3 different lessons for the same class), marking, meetings, report writing, case management(I have 30 kids I case manage), professional development, sports events, camps, union meetings. I could go on.

To me you're a pretty sad individual if you feel the need to denigrate a whole group of people because of some petty bias or grudge that you have, especially at this point in time. Grow up.

Is anyone here actually avoiding restaurants etc?

Nup, I start work every morning at 7am at a cafe, I eat breaky and have a coffee and always make sure I support local business. I also get dinners made by another cafe (mainly because I’m a lazy turd who Cbf cooking) and when I picked up my meals today he said he done only $100 for the whole day, he is about 70% down. I felt sick in the stomach, absolutely shattered for these people.

I think there's like one drive in left in Perth. Maybe.

Leinster is the only other one I know of.

I live in Coburg where Melbourne’s only drive through is... haven’t been for probably 25 years

People were calling for that to happen back when they started to record the first cases here but the govt was saying that wasn't a realistic option, amazing how quickly that has changed since the s**t started to hit the fan in the last week or so and other countries brought in tougher border controls or closed their borders.

They don't have much to lose now by closing the borders as most people aren't travelling overseas now and the airline and tourism industries are already stuffed.
Morrison has been late on everything. Instead of looking at what other countries have been doing and trying to get ahead of the problem, he’s been pretending we can get by largely business as usual. Even now, he’s talking about a ‘bridge’ over this issue, as if Australia alone will not have to do what other countries have done because of how Australian we are. It’s absurd.

I've sent someone out to get me some laying hens and a couple of other things if I can't get what I need in the next few days. My backyard could end up looking like this by the time the plague is over.

View attachment 842748

Dibs on the goat.

Morrison has been late on everything. Instead of looking at what other countries have been doing and trying to get ahead of the problem, he’s been pretending we can get by largely business as usual. Even now, he’s talking about a ‘bridge’ over this issue, as if Australia alone will not have to do what other countries have done because of how Australian we are. It’s absurd.

Morrison is out of his depth, this government imo has botched it totally. They have no ability to think outside of the spin.

I didn't like Kevin Rudd much but I'd rather he'd been at the helm through this.

Morrison is out of his depth, this government imo has botched it totally. They have no ability to think outside of the spin.

I didn't like Kevin Rudd much but I'd rather he'd been at the helm through this.
His stimulus package was ridiculous and targeted completely at the wrong people

Pensioners are doing s**t with that cash and people on new start, centerlink will be using that on pokies, booze and drugs

He is an absolute ******* nuffie

This hasn’t even hit day to day life yet

Businesses are legit f’ed and every second person will be lucky to keep a job and income over this time

Everything is legit f’ed

Have faith in our fearless leader....He & Brian Houston are going to use the power of Geebus to save us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back