Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they’ll be closing schools yet
They’ve been so firm on the medical expert opinion etc that they’ll look completely ridiculous if they were to contradict themselves now
Can’t see how the “opinion” they’ve been so firm on changes all of a sudden
Plus it will cripple the economy with the amount of parents essential and non essential services not attending work

If alcohols essential then all good
Hard to tell
You cant have people sitting around getting smashed but you will need to sedate and make people happy

Pretty sure booze shops closed in Canada and dope shops ,while we were after toilet paper there was queues for dope in Amsterdam and the French kept their booze shops and Tabacs open

Dont know probably 2 cans per man per day rationing in Australia ????

They’ve been so firm on the medical expert opinion etc that they’ll look completely ridiculous if they were to contradict themselves now
Plus it will cripple the economy with the amount of parents essential and non essential services not attending work

What point in keeping schools open if everything is locked down except essential services?

School holidays are coming up. Do the term breaks cripple the economy usually?

Now the ethics of people come into it, as an accountant I can make businesses get the $20,000 handout when ordinarily they wouldn't be paying wages. Good for the client, not good for the government etc.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Downward envy is what triggers people not middle class welfare

Vice with the important stories as usual :drunk:

As Hospitals Prepare for COVID-19, Life-Saving Trans Surgeries Are Delayed

Though medical facilities may soon become overtaxed for everyone, the coronavirus pandemic has shed light on how transgender people's care can be treated as "non-essential."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just visited a bakers delight right next door to a woolworths. Shelves full of bread, no limits.

People are generally only hoarding cheap stuff.

I wonder how much Coles/Woolworths are screwing suppliers behind the scenes. Just went to do a bit of shopping and while the shelves were generally stocked, plenty of brands have suddenly disappeared. It is as if they have a single preferred supplier for item x, item y etc, which would make sense to simplify the supply chains but won't end well for some producers/manufacturers.

There were elements of the package announced this morning that I think were good (the doubling of Job Seeker allowance, support for businesses), some not so good (accessing super and selling out people’s future). I even understand the idea that different states may require to lockdown at different times given we are the size of a continent. But for whatever he got right, the fact that states are about to go it alone is an abject failure of national leadership. The states don’t trust him.

Last edited:
The way the mainstream media has conducted itself these last few weeks, I'd be pretty OK if they copped a "non-essential" categorization.

I can get behind this. Keep the ABC broadcasting whatever messaging our governments need. The panic merchants at the commercial networks can GAGF

Doubling Newstart that much is ordinary. Apprentices barely earn that much...$1100 a fortnight to play xbox isnt a bad deal
Dont worry, the apprentices will make up for it when they screw us all over with their exorbitant prices as fully qualified tradies later on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back