Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian newspaper paywall has tumbled down.
Viva la free news.
Bakers delight episode. Signs recommending paywave or eftpos transactions please. Last time used credit card, charged card surcharge. This time thought id support the other card - eftpos. Then realised i had to enter pin.

doh.

I've gone past 2 bakers delight stores with varying distance barriers to the counter. One was open spaced with just tape on the ground indicating how far back to stand (basically person to person arm length). The other store had a physical barrier that was higher than their service counter. Didn't observe it but assumed, the worker may have to throw the item to the customer... as the width of tbe service area and new physical barrier.... you'd have to have the arm reach of Yao Ming or Shaq to reach over!

I've gone past 2 bakers delight stores with varying distance barriers to the counter. One was open spaced with just tape on the ground indicating how far back to stand (basically person to person arm length). The other store had a physical barrier that was higher than their service counter. Didn't observe it but assumed, the worker may have to throw the item to the customer... as the width of tbe service area and new physical barrier.... you'd have to have the arm reach of Yao Ming or Shaq to reach over!

hey good point. i only noticed the black x on the ground after i exited the premises. luckily i was the only one in there

Nov 17, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
bennodding.gif
ben nodding.gif

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas

Grave fears are held for the reliable power supply of major hospitals and aged care sites during the coronavirus crisis — and vital repairs to prepare the network over coming weeks will cause thousands of residential blackouts across Sydney.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal thousands of homes will be cut off from power for up to 13 hours — 3000 homes in the first week alone — as Ausgrid completes vital maintenance and repair work to ready the network.

Ausgrid would not confirm which major health sites it was attempting to protect from outages as it did not want to spark panic.
“We’ve had to make some crucial but sensible decisions to do whatever work we can to protect important services such as hospitals, nursing homes and essential businesses,” Ausgrid chief Trevor Armstrong told The Daily Telegraph.

F#$%!
Better check to see if your NSW is on the schedule of planned blackouts

There's a series of graphics in the Daily Tele article above that has the outages schedule published to date
or https://www.ausgrid.com.au/Outages/Planned-Outages-List

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Rich turning on one another https://www.theage.com.au/national/...linked-to-aspen-ski-trip-20200326-p54eac.html

A Melbourne woman who was infected with COVID-19 on a ski holiday in the US attended a 21st birthday party where at least six people have been struck down with the virus.

The outbreak at the party held in Malvern on March 14 are the latest coronavirus cases to be linked to a group of wealthy Australians who attended the exclusive Colorado resort of Aspen, where at least a dozen Australians tested positive.

The rapid spread of the disease has caused ructions among guests at the party, who claim the woman should have immediately placed herself into isolation when she returned to Melbourne on March 13.

But the following day, the woman mingled with about 80 guests at the function. The woman, who The Age and the Herald have chosen not to name, had not experienced any symptoms and had not been tested before the function.

"These are wealthy, educated people and you just expect them to do the right thing and not take outrageous risk with other people's health," one guest said.

Another guest said: "You don't need the government to tell you to use common sense."

Some people who attended the party are also furious they were not warned earlier about the heightened risk of infection. They insist that more prompt notification would have helped contain the virus.

The woman's son did send an SMS message on March 22 to former students of Scotch College warning of potential exposure to the virus. But other guests, including Melbourne Grammar School graduates, and some parents did not find out for at least a week after the event.

"Lads. A message from my mum. 'This is not something I wanted to tell you, but I have tested positive to COVID-19. I developed symptoms early Sunday morning (March 15). I am really very sorry for the implications, but it is important so you take the necessary precautions. Sadly we arrived on the Friday (March 13) not this Monday (March 16 when there is a whole different protocol in place)'," the text message says.

The Prime Minister announced on Sunday, March 15 - a day after the party - that all travellers arriving in Australia from foreign countries would be told to self-isolate for 14 days.

In another text message, the woman says she complied with all government health guidelines.

"We arrived from US on Friday morning. Protocol at the time was, with no symptoms, you go about your business with normal health, handwashing, no kissing etc.

"You go through a rigorous set of questions with DHHS on who you had close contact with for the 24 hours before your symptoms."

But The Age and the Herald have been told the woman did not disclose the entire list of about 80 people who attended the party.

She declined to comment when contacted, but is understood to remain in quarantine at a property in Portsea.

On Wednesday, The Age revealed another couple infected with COVID-19 while holidaying in Aspen has been the subject of repeated police complaints after allegedly flouting advice to self-isolate.

The pair were advised to isolate from the public after being tested at Frankston Hospital on March 15, but sources say they were later spotted at shops in Sorrento and a nearby golf course. The Age and the Herald do not suggest they transmitted COVID-19 to another party.

This week, Premier Daniel Andrews announced the government would ramp up enforcement action against those who failed to heed public health warnings.

Mr Andrews issued a blunt warning to those who continue to flout government warnings saying, "If some Victorians continue to act in a selfish way, then people will die."

Five-hundred officers have been deployed to a taskforce to check on residents who are supposed to be self-isolating and inspect venues to ensure they comply with shutdown orders.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
Still no lockdown here because people and businesses have done a fairly good job listening for a couple of weeks. Just 2 more hospitalized in the Province over the past day. That’s been decreasing. Looking at a gradual roll-out of students going back to school over next couple of months.

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Blicavs hosted a party. Found out. He has apologised and will learn from it

Massive overreaction by Hutchy on footy classified in regards to the 2 North players doing it.

Numerous local cricket clubs celebrated premierships on the Saturday afternoon getting pissed and singing songs with their arms around each other.

I didn't see any of them having to apologise for doing it.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bakers delight episode. Signs recommending paywave or eftpos transactions please. Last time used credit card, charged card surcharge. This time thought id support the other card - eftpos. Then realised i had to enter pin.

doh.
Companies need to wave the surcharge. It costs 0.2% or less to use cards and some places charge 10% surcharge. Get with this times ffs. There shouldnt be a mininum spend required either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back