Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruise ships have been full of complainers for weeks. Even better is their families carrying on like they’ve been sent to jail, when in reality a heap of them went off on cruises after knowing full well that this pandemic was happening.

Could not feel sorry for any of them.
*en oath. Worse than the beachgoers IMO

If we come out significantly better than other countries this will be Scomos biggest victory. Be hard to doubt him if he pulls it off. As much as I'm not a liberal voter.

He's about as in control of this situation as he was the bush-fires mate.

US economy has been crushed, they will become the #1 power a lot sooner than they otherwise would have
Australia grew on the back of mining selling it to china, China grew on the back of manufacturing selling it to the world(A he'll of a lot to the US). Of all the economies China will suffer the most, they wont get that momentum back. This hasn't played out yet.

I don't particularly like scomo but I think hes handled this relatively well, a lot better than Trump has and I like Trump

Agreed. Trump has royally ****ed this up. Scomo at least has handled this as best he can. It's not an easy thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's about as in control of this situation as he was the bush-fires mate.
He can't stop stupidity and individual behavior, and he and state governments have realized this, hence the staged lockdowns measures. I think when all is done he can hold himself high knowing he didn't go to a full lockdown to win. Do you think SA and WA deserve full lockdowns with 30 cases a day. 95% of which are from travellers.

My biggest fault with how he handled this was there was no constant messaging

They really have looked into this cos there have been updates daily constantly of late

Well done Scomo

Poor bastard looks wrecked

He hasn’t been as bad as people are making out, of course he has made mistakes along the way but nothing on epic proportions like Trump where he let this fester in NY where it’s an absolute disaster

Agreed. Trump has royally f’ed this up. Scomo at least has handled this as best he can. It's not an easy thing to do.
Trump said he was going to distribute ventilators around the world and help others out who can't make them. This was only after he realized his country was royally screwed. He had the capacity to enforce the DFA much sooner.

He can't stop stupidity and individual behavior, and he and state governments have realized this, hence the staged lockdowns measures. I think when all is done he can hold himself high knowing he didn't go to a full lockdown to win. Do you think SA and WA deserve full lockdowns with 30 cases a day. 95% of which are from travellers.
Lets re visit that thought in a few weeks time

I get sick of hearing the comparisons to Italy and New Zealand.

Italy are so far away from our situation it is not funny. 99% of their cases had serious illness. ALL of their cases under 40 had a serious illness.

New Zealand only has 4 international airports. Of course they're going to fare well.

My biggest fault with how he handled this was there was no constant messaging

They really have looked into this cos there have been updates daily constantly of late

Well done Scomo

Poor bastard looks wrecked

He hasn’t been as bad as people are making out, of course he has made mistakes along the way but nothing on epic proportions
Not stopping the Virus boat, not stopping planes from the US and Italy,not stopping all our medical equipment leaving the country,not enforcing isolation for all new arrivals from day 1 ???

Not stopping the Virus boat, not stopping planes from the US and Italy,not stopping all our medical equipment leaving the country ???
Mate no one did that across the globe so you can’t fault him on that

U can’t just shut borders down instantly without causing massive issues

The boats were moronic though I agree, how they werent tested is a joke. But like I said it’s impossible not to make mistakes in a situation like this

I kind of feel people don't get tested over the weekends. They save it up until Monday. I was surprised by the low numbers around the long weekend but it took off very quickly shortly after. We'll see what happens Mon-Wed.

The current tests take 48 hours for results so the case numbers reported today would be from Friday. Also random variation and all that.

In the end the overall trend for the past week has been excellent. But still a long, long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back