Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which when asked to show Scummo has consistently declined.
Kelly said yesterday that they would start releasing the details on their modelling this week and his department was working on preparing it. We might see the answer on Thursday

Speaking of suicide. The constant nagging to get stuff done around the house could cause it or a lot of DV.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
When you write stuff like nagging causes DV you are excusing the person doing the abuse and blaming the victim of the abuse.

Speaking of suicide. The constant nagging to get stuff done around the house could cause it or a lot of DV.

If nagging someone to do chores results in DV then this country is truly in the s**t.

Kelly said yesterday that they would start releasing the details on their modelling this week and his department was working on preparing it. We might see the answer on Thursday

When you write stuff like nagging causes DV you are excusing the person doing the abuse and blaming the victim of the abuse.
If nagging someone to do chores results in DV then this country is truly in the s**t.
Yeah i dont know what causes it Im just saying they're loose cannons

Yeah i dont know what causes it Im just saying they're loose cannons

No they aren't loose cannons.
They are abusers, they need counseling and they need help and they need to not be living with the people they are abusing.

When you write nagging will lead to an increase in DV you are saying it is the fault of the person nagging. It's like saying well if they'd just kept their mouth shut. It's victim blaming.

It's a big part of our culture and we do with with more than just victims of domestic violence
We do it with the poor, the homeless, the victims of sexual assault

Our politicians and media is geared around it for the most part.

You don't change that view by using the language that reinforces it

I remember being in Jakarta during the Asian financial crisis in 1998 and walking into their huge mutli-story shopping complexes. They were almost empty, except for us. Every shop you went into you were immediately swamped by 5 to 10 staff members, it was unnerving and we ended up leaving each one a lot quicker than we had planned to.

It turns out that Suharto had forbidden businesses from sacking staff. They had to be kept on and paid to keep the economy ticking over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prince Charles out of self-isolation.
Good to see the laws don't apply to the royals

With the job-keeper program announced yesterday,

I've basically been told there is nothing for me to do until this pandemic has passed so don't come in.
If my employer were to apply for the funding, do I have to be engaged in work or is the fund there to continue paying the employee in like a holding pattern until the employee's job becomes tenable again?

"reasonable excuse"

Everyones got one of those.

Defined here: https://www.9news.com.au/national/c...breakers/12b64af3-e196-4fd2-bf13-757cd369096a

The 16 "reasonable excuses" in the order:
1. Obtaining food or other goods or services for the personal needs of the household or other household purposes (including for pets) and for vulnerable persons
2. Travelling for the purposes of work if the person cannot work from the person's place of residence
3. Travelling for the purposes of attending childcare (including picking up or dropping another person at childcare)
4. Travelling for the purposes of facilitating attendance at a school or other educational institution if the person attending the school or institution cannot learn from the person's place of residence
5. Exercising
6. Obtaining medical care or supplies or health supplies or fulfilling carer's responsibilities
7. Attending a wedding or a funeral in the circumstances referred to in clause 6(2)(d) and (e) or 7(1)(h)
8. Moving to a new place of residence (including a business moving to new premises or between different places of residence of the person or inspecting a potential new place of residence
9. Providing care or assistance (including personal care) to a vulnerable person or providing emergency assistance
10. Donating blood
11. Undertaking any legal obligations
12. Accessing public services (whether provided by Government, a private provider or a non-Government organisation), including: (a) social services, and (b) employment services, and (c) domestic violence services, and (d) mental health services, and (e) services provided to victims (including as victims of crime)
13. For children who do not live in the same household as their parents or siblings or one of their parents or siblings—continuing existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children or siblings
14. For a person who is a priest, minister of religion or member of a religious order— going to the person's place of worship or providing pastoral care to another person
15. Avoiding injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm
16. For emergencies or compassionate reasons

With the job-keeper program announced yesterday,

I've basically been told there is nothing for me to do until this pandemic has passed so don't come in.
If my employer were to apply for the funding, do I have to be engaged in work or is the fund there to continue paying the employee in like a holding pattern until the employee's job becomes tenable again?

As far as I know it's option B
It's the government paying your employer, who then forwards it on to you, to keep you on the books while there's no work for you.

As far as I know it's option B
It's the government paying your employer, who then forwards it on to you, to keep you on the books while there's no work for you.

That's how I am seeing it too, my employer is arguing with me that they have no work for me, and I keep saying, that's what the program is for, to prevent overloading Centrelink.

Was in a shop recently, staff member barking like a dog. Anything I bring in from shop is wiped with disinfectant before it gets put in pantry / fridge / freezer.

Went to the local supermarket this morning, glasses, mask and gloves. The only person with any PPE. It truly was business as usual. Stuck out like dogs balls and got some real strange looks. Too bad. Gloves in the bin before I hopped in the car. Made sure to clean the shopping with alcohol when I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back