Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the shitstorm they are in now blows into an all out disaster, I can’t see how they re elect him tbh

Then again, who do they have as an alternative? Biden? Trump might best him and if Sanders had any chance of being elected he should have run as an Independent or a Libertarian because it seems that the Dems are sabotaging his chances of a fair run to the White-house once again .

Interesting the worst break outsin America have happened in democratic states like new York new Jersey

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not really interesting, New York's high density living and tourist numbers made it the perfect hotspot for an outbreak.

No need to elect Trump to have USA more self-sufficient.
This virus has ensured that any President or Party elected will follow that path.

If you've been watching Trump's performance at the daily Coronathons, you'll understand that his re-election is probably not gonna be as easy as some might think.
I only watched one interview with him and when asked if he regrets calling it the China virus, he said no then started rambling on about how he has taken back American money from China and handed it back to American farmers. So basically he's campaigning so I haven't seen anything else from him. Has he started to talk about this properly yet lol.

Not really interesting, New York's high density living and tourist numbers made it the perfect hotspot for an outbreak.

New Jersey is also effectively an extension of New York City anyway.

There are also high numbers in Republican states like Florida, Michigan and Louisiana. It's beyond politics, coronavirus don't give a s**t who you voted for.

While the numbers for us are promising on face value, I'm still not sold on them until they ramp up community testing. Obviously the border closures mean that case numbers of dropped in that regard but we still don't know how rampant it is in the community. There's a long way to go before becoming more optimistic IMO.

New Jersey is also effectively an extension of New York City anyway.

There are also high numbers in Republican states like Florida, Michigan and Louisiana. It's beyond politics, coronavirus don't give a s**t who you voted for.

I expect Florida to be another hotspot because of the retirees and the governor's apparent reluctance (refusal?) to close the state's borders.

While the numbers for us are promising on face value, I'm still not sold on them until they ramp up community testing. Obviously the border closures mean that case numbers of dropped in that regard but we still don't know how rampant it is in the community. There's a long way to go before becoming more optimistic IMO.

We do need to ramp up community testing, but my thinking is it can’t be running too rampant otherwise hospitals would be being inundated with people needed to go to ICU, which hasn’t happened yet.

No need to elect Trump to have USA more self-sufficient.
This virus has ensured that any President or Party elected will follow that path.

If you've been watching Trump's performance at the daily Coronathons, you'll understand that his re-election is probably not gonna be as easy as some might think.

You forgot about the recent performances of the alternative.

My Wife's grandfather was admitted to hospital today for an emergency operation for a blod clot in his leg. He's 86 years old and had to have a full anaesthetic and will now spend the next week or 2 recovering in a French hospital.

The theory of why the clot appeared? Being locked up and housebound for 3 weeks. He also has alzheimer's and wont understand a things that's happening and no family can visit him.

Interesting the worst break outsin America have happened in democratic states like new York new Jersey

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not really. Lots of tourists from china and europe go to new york. New york and jersey are cold climates. Everyone lives close to each other in new york enabling quicker spread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then again, who do they have as an alternative? Biden? Trump might best him and if Sanders had any chance of being elected he should have run as an Independent or a Libertarian because it seems that the Dems are sabotaging his chances of a fair run to the White-house once again .
How did the democrats sabotage his chances? For ages they actually boosted his chances by running too many delegates which split the centrist vote. Sanders has lost because the people overwhelmingly dont want him. in a two horse race he loses by a long way. So again why has he been sabotaged? Dont be such a poor loser.

How did the democrats sabotage his chances? For ages they actually boosted his chances by running too many delegates which split the centrist vote. Sanders has lost because the people overwhelmingly dont want him. in a two horse race he loses by a long way. So again why has he been sabotaged? Dont be such a poor loser.

Well they have a track record from last time.

One way is the Democrat establishment making sure that the media "friendly" to their side of politics helped out by running stories critical of Bernie's extreme policies while refraining from excessively negative Biden ones.

Then there is Democrat superdelegates endorsing Biden at critical times in the primary race.

Also superdelegates suggesting that they could override the vote of the rank and file in some cases thus possibly discouraging Sanders supporters from voting.

Probably others.

I do agree that less people want him than you would logically expect and he would struggle even in a fair two horse race. The USA has two mainstream parties, the right wingers and the extreme right wingers and Sanders was always starting from a tough position. But his party certainly haven't done anything to help him.

Well they have a track record from last time.

One way is the Democrat establishment making sure that the media "friendly" to their side of politics helped out by running stories critical of Bernie's extreme policies while refraining from excessively negative Biden ones.

Then there is Democrat superdelegates endorsing Biden at critical times in the primary race.

Also superdelegates suggesting that they could override the vote of the rank and file in some cases thus possibly discouraging Sanders supporters from voting.

Probably others.

I do agree that less people want him than you would logically expect and he would struggle even in a fair two horse race. The USA has two mainstream parties, the right wingers and the extreme right wingers and Sanders was always starting from a tough position. But his party certainly haven't done anything to help him.
Last time is not this time.

the media are free to go for whoever they choose. That aint sabotage. Thats the media voicing their opinion. And they have been hardly pro biden all this way along. Many in the media have highlighted bidens ridiculous gaffes and called his presidency run over at various points. The media did not help him at all during the early voting. Particularly when biden ran away from an election.

superdelegates have been irrelevant this time. The people have simply chosen the centrist over the progressive.

sanders supporter base is hardly free from poor behaviour. Their misinformation concerning Warrens campaign was utterly terrible and the closest thing we have seen to sabotage in this campaign. Their threats of voting for Trump if they dont get their way despite clearly not having the votes has also been disgraceful.

sanders had a huge opening early on in this race that luck gave him. All he had to do was lighten his policies slightly to try to bring over a number of moderates who were unhappy with the moderate choices. He refused to budge ideological. Not one bit. That is why he lost.

i haven’t watched any news for last few days- have they specifically said no easter gatherings yet? Two weeks after Easter is going to be a shitstorm otherwise...

They said hot cross buns are plentiful. That's important.

(When will we see christmas decorations i wonder)

Investors of negatively geared property can claim deductions against rental expenses. As to property values taking a dive that affects the entire market and is a risk investors take they can generally ride out over the long term.

Until valuation gets below the percentage threshold for bank lending, in which case expect a fire-sale of mortgagee properties.

If the shitstorm they are in now blows into an all out disaster, I can’t see how they re elect him tbh
Don’t need to
Emergency powers and no actual election

Two scenarios
- Passing the buck onto an innocent cruise ship operator to try and deflect attention from NSW authorities and Border Force
- Cruise ship operator deliberately hid the extent of illness to they could offload the passengers quietly

Ship's doctor was in pretty constant contact with NSW Health advising them of severe respiratory infections on board. They dismissed it as flu. How can a ship's doctor test for coronavius mid-Tasman?

I'll pick door number one, thanks.

Government/Hillsong pressure to get their people off, or bureaucrats covering their arse by following the prescribed rules to the letter and not using their think brains? To paraphrase another poster, "never ascribe to malice that which is easily explained by incompetence."

As an example of how deep the doodoo the Trump administration is going to be in, I present ...

The National Stockpile ventilators are not suitable for treating COVID-19 patients, state officials said. That’s because those individuals generally need a higher amount of pressure support into their lungs than the ventilators from the national stockpile can provide, Jessica Baggett, a spokeswoman for the state’s Joint Information Center said. The stockpile ventilators, though, can be used for other patients, freeing up more COVID-19 compatible ventilators to help with the crisis.

Ship's doctor was in pretty constant contact with NSW Health advising them of severe respiratory infections on board. They dismissed it as flu. How can a ship's doctor test for coronavius mid-Tasman?

I'll pick door number one, thanks.

Government/Hillsong pressure to get their people off, or bureaucrats covering their arse by following the prescribed rules to the letter and not using their think brains? To paraphrase another poster, "never ascribe to malice that which is easily explained by incompetence."
The experienced Passenger said she has never got off a ship so fast in her life they didnt even check passports

Sounds like Hillsong /Government to me

I'm reading reddit and there are tons of people sharing stories about neighbours holding small social parties and plenty of people urging them to call the cops.
What do you guys think about this? I myself reckon you are self righteous arsehole if you choose to call the cops but that is just me.

I was directly downwind of a neighbour who had a barbecue yesterday. ******* tormented. Not so much unhappy at not being invited, but a bit cheesed off that he didn't send over a care package. Could have demolished some snags and onions, but steak and mushrooms would have been heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back