Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Aren't you a little old to be enjoy being told by daddy government when you can go outside?

Absolutely I am. But aren't people in their 20s, 30s, 40s etc. old enough to cover their coughs and sneezes in public, stay home when sick, stay the * home when presenting symptoms during a pandemic, stay the * home after travelling from somewhere with a high risk travel warning?

Look if I could put my genocidal dictator hat on and get rid of the 1% of people who * things up for everyone else instead of punishing the 99% then I'd take option (a), but that's not how society works. You know that.

I haven't presented a conspiracy theory, though. Things aren't as black and white as 'anybody who does not believe TV must be a conspiwacy feerist'.

You haven't presented anything. Just boring and recycled rhetoric with a COVID-19 flavour.

If you want to suggest what people should and shouldn't be allowed to do at this time go ahead.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolutely I am. But aren't people in their 20s, 30s, 40s etc. old enough to cover their coughs and sneezes in public, stay home when sick, stay the fu** home when presenting symptoms during a pandemic, stay the fu** home after travelling from somewhere with a high risk travel warning?
People didn't follow the rules so now daddy government has to ground all of us. I love daddy government.

I legit gave you more credit than this.

If even people like you cannot see through the charade, then it really is a done deal.

You know Bill Gates has recently said that the lockdowns will last until the vaccine is ready, yeah?

And that is supposedly 12-18 months away.

Will you still be defending daddy gov when a second season of footy is wiped away to 'save grandma'?

StevoBruiser

All Australian
Mar 15, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
I’ve heard some afl clubs aren’t taking this whole pandemic too seriously, apparently a couple of uncircumcised super stars of the game were caught docking while they should have been training on the track. Make of it what you will.

My local supermarket is more crowded than its ever been, if gloves and mask are to be worn it should be enforced here.

Huge contrast around here, the supermarket has hardly anybody in it there's hardly any traffic and I didn't cross anybody in the aisles at Bunnings. There were a few people standing in a queue outside the bank, that was it though.

Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we're resorting to buying GWS merchandise, it's time to panic.

ab5d98ec0948e3cfe9065b2362220ffe

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Caesar is correct, and IMO the graph is not even remotely close to an accurate representation of predictive models based on what we currently know about transmission rates and critical %, however we are still very much in the early stages.

That 'graph' is just a visual representation of how things should theoretically play out. A slower rate of new cases over time gives the health system the best chance of coping with it. Pretty straightforward stuff.

The with/without social distancing charts are a guide, nothing more. Even with real numbers to date, what happens going forward is extrapolation. We went from 300-400 new cases a day towards the end of March to 200-250 heading into April and then sub 200 the last few days. However flat the parabola is, we are still on the upward trend. I would imagine the authorities have some kind of peak number in mind. Given we are at 5500-6000 currently and growing probably in the vicinity of 8-10,000.

May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Is there a poll on how long we all think the current or more extreme measures of lockdown will go for?

Very keen to hear peoples thoughts. I think August/September.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
People didn't follow the rules so now daddy government has to ground all of us. I love daddy government.

I legit gave you more credit than this.

If even people like you cannot see through the charade, then it really is a done deal.

You know Bill Gates has recently said that the lockdowns will last until the vaccine is ready, yeah?

And that is supposedly 12-18 months away.

Will you still be defending daddy gov when a second season of footy is wiped away to 'save grandma'?

I gave you more credit also. You're just s**t stirring and have zero to contribute.

"Daddy government", good lord.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is there a poll on how long we all think the current or more extreme measures of lockdown will go for?

Very keen to hear peoples thoughts. I think August/September.
Will differ state by state IMO (or should). SA/WA for example probably won't need these measures as long as NSW will...

I think we get AFL behind closed doors in June as scheduled for example but we may not see crowds in 2020

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Dr Zelenko in NY has treated 699 patients at 100% success using Hydrochloroquine azithromycin and zinc. No deaths or ICU required

Media keeping this strangely quiet? Doesnt rate as well as fear-mongering does...

No

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
So the mask thing has gone from don’t wear them they don’t do anything to don’t wear them we face a shortage and medical professionals need them.

So basically the government has been handing out terrible advice about them.

Expert virologist who's an aussie but living overseas said we all should be wearing masks when we go out to shops etc etc , but yet here they were saying we shouldn't because they didnt help , now its gone from didn't help to we don't have enough for workers etc. Its confusing messages on some fronts, like send your kids to childcare and school and then stating they aren't sure if kids spread the virus or not . Our childcare owner emailed us and said don't send your kids if you can keep them home , she stated her staff were all scared etc to go to work .

Googling Dr Zelenko produces results from the New York Times and many legitimate publications, and Trump was repeating the same claims about this treatment today in a press conference, so claiming he is being shut up by the media is bizarre. Are you fear-mongering yourself burge13 with these false claims not borne out by a quick Google search?

As with every miracle cure being touted, it needs more study and more trials. As it was already approved for clinical use, provided it's administered under controlled conditions by a doctor there's no harm in trying - but there could be harm if people start stockpiling or drinking fish tank cleaners and killing themselves by doing so because the President thinks it can cure COVID-19.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
If the cases numbers continue to lower I’m confident footy can return end of may
I don't think there is any chance of it coming back end of May, even Gil would have conceded that. You literally can't get into WA now and that's only day 1 of the 'island within an island' plan. For AFL to start, we would need all of those state government restrictions lifted which won't happen in two months.

I think there is a chance we'll get some of the season in, maybe even all of it with a miracle, but even with the miracle it wouldn't be starting until August or September.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now we might start to get more of an idea as to the numbers in the community with milder symptoms. The other states are following I think.

The first COVID-19 drive-through test site in NSW is open for business in Bondi and ready to test patients this afternoon.
Set up on Park Drive North in Bondi Beach car park, the site run by St Vincent’s Hospital and NSW Health will allow motorists with flu-like symptoms to be tested from the safety of their vehicles.
The new site will open from 1pm today and will run from 9am to 4pm daily.
It comes as NSW Health figures showed Waverley Council was one of the hardest hit by COVID-19 so far, with 147 confirmed cases in Bondi and surrounds by Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back