Conspiracy Theory Coronavirus #3: Vaccines

Where do you stand with COVID-19 vaccines?

• I've already been vaccinated (at least once)

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I intend to get vaccinated soon (first shot)

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I'll wait for more studies or doctor's advice

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I'll wait until old age or a safer vaccine

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don't intend to get any Covid vaccine

Votes: 39 44.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know you are onto a winning policy when Duterte backs it. Thats when you really know its the right thing to do

Rounding people up? I’m surprised we haven’t seen that in some countries actually. Probably in some we don’t hear about.

Rounding people up? I’m surprised we haven’t seen that in some countries actually. Probably in some we don’t hear about.

Id step back and just generally say wanting people to take the vaccine

Too bad Durtete isnt in Australia though. With policies like that he would have 90% approval rating

We probably won't see it go that far. Fundamentally, our overlords are too craven for that - they will use whatever propaganda they can to frighten people, they will push the threats only to the degree they receive reasonably broad public acceptance. They would be very concerned to push it too far and lose the public en masse.

At moment - the international travel subject to vaccination is likely to proceed but everything else I believe is a bluff.

We probably won't see it go that far. Fundamentally, our overlords are too craven for that - they will use whatever propaganda they can to frighten people, they will push the threats only to the degree they receive reasonably broad public acceptance. They would be very concerned to push it too far and lose the public en masse.

At moment - the international travel subject to vaccination is likely to proceed but everything else I believe is a bluff.
I don't.
Another 16 months of this. God knows what we'll see in the next 16 months. By then spirits and people's will be shattered, brainwashed en masse. Who knows how far people will go to support "getting back to normal".

I do wonder what WA has in store. It seems Victoria is the main target here but their algorithms are updated by the second so who knows.

Id step back and just generally say wanting people to take the vaccine

Too bad Durtete isnt in Australia though. With policies like that he would have 90% approval rating

I get confused with this because on paper it looks like most people don’t want it. You’re like 20% vaccinated after weeks of rollout. Or are you just short on supply and doing older age groups first?

LOL just found out a shop at my local shopping centre got fined for........................not having enough covidsafe signs up. :drunk:
Maybe they could put up signs like this one that some rocket scientist in rural New York put up, reminding people -- in the forest, mind you, -- to practise social "distanceing" :tongueoutv1:

vcAlHYO.jpg

You can feel equally free to post where I have specifically been homophobic, racist, or whatever other crap you posted.

I've no doubt I could find a few, didn't you get one deleted for your suicide commentary they other day? It doesn't appear to exist anymore and I know I replied to your particularly egregious effort that day.

Nope. Still not a flu.

If I have over stepped the bounds of decency

You have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people actually have doctors they have a relationship and talk to anymore? Or did that change in the past 15 years or so?

You used to go once/twice a year, know them pretty well, trust their opinion etc. I must be getting old.
I think they do. But many rely on Dr Google :(

I get confused with this because on paper it looks like most people don’t want it. You’re like 20% vaccinated after weeks of rollout. Or are you just short on supply and doing older age groups first?
If you take a deep dive into the vaccine trials, it seems to me almost a joke how they interpret the data and how serious issues are dismissed without explanation. Supposedly 3 adverse effects from the AZ vaccine out of a sample size of 23k. A further 172 adverse effects including a death dismissed as not related to the vaccine.
The asymptomatic numbers are virtually exactly the same for full dose of AZ as they are for the control group.

If I had submitted something like these numbers in a year 10 class it would have failed. It is so poorly written and the interpretations clearly self serving . Science has certainly changed

Our Overlord has spoken, all hail Wolfie.
Knock it off yebiga and owen87

Pfizer
Severe reactions (Grade 3) were reported in fewer than 2% of vaccine recipients after either dose except for fatigue (3.8%) and headache (2.0%). Fever (≥38 °C) was reported in similar proportions of younger (16%) and older (11%) vaccine recipients. Rates of serious adverse events were similar between vaccine and placebo groups (0.6% and 0.5%).There were no COVID-19 related deaths.

Severe Grade 3 events are essentially anything up to but not including life threatening - so blindness, infertility, paralysis anything you can think of *ation...

How is this possibly justified - because the rates between vaccinated and non vaccinated for serious adverse effects is 0.6 for vaccinated an 0.5 for unvaccinated. In other words using the same logic - you increase your risk of a serious adverse event by 20% if you get vaccinated as opposed to someone who doesn't. Why take that chance

We get conflicting messages between reports of "vaccine hesitancy" trying to get people to go get vaxxed, and not having enough jabs to go around. Who knows what is happening.

Breaking thru?

Vaccines of any kind are only available to those over 40 and AZ is not recommended for those over 50 (now). Pfizer is the only other option and it's in short supply. I don't think there is much vaccinating going at all right now. It's bizarre because they keep pushing it but it's not available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back