Conspiracy Theory Coronavirus #4: Two weeks to flatten the curve!

Where do you stand with COVID-19 vaccines?

• Fully vaxxed, awaiting the return of my freedoms!

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I've gotten my first shot. One down, one to go!

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I intend to get vaccinated soon (first shot)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I'll wait for more studies or doctor's advice

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I'll wait until old age or a safer vaccine

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don't intend to get any Covid vaccine

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • I'm a full on anti-vaxxer!!! Umad?

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A booster every 4 months

Why would I need a booster every 4 months? I literally just showed you proof that the vaccine is over 90 percent as effective is it was the day you walked out of the clinic at the 4 month mark.

Issue is you are telling people how keen you are to play the game and you turned up after 15 of your teammates, and then still think you are keener and better then them. Reality is you ain’t

Im not telling anyone 'how to play the game.'

Unless the game is 'telling the truth and avoiding spreading misinformation'.

CFMEU thugs, anti-vaxx nutters and southern cross flag waving pro Trump types have always been polite and well mannered individuals, open to reason and...

Oh wait.

Should have took a knee and then burnt down a shopping centre. Then they’d be moral crusaders sent my god to promote freedom

Why would I need a booster every 4 months? I literally just showed you proof that the vaccine is over 90 percent as effective is it was the day you walked out of the clinic at the 4 month mark.

Im not telling anyone 'how to play the game.'

Unless the game is 'telling the truth and avoiding spreading misinformation'.

Can you even show me a made up biased report saying the constant mRNA booster is safe effective and going to work?

You said it will and just be like the flu vaccine which actually does work and help

Hey Lebbo73 you're over 50 right?

You had the jab?
I'm 55 and never had a jab, I got forgotten about when my mother had cancer when I was 1.

I never got my kids done either, in their 20's now.

I dont go on the other threads because some sick people are talking about shooting me in the head, or using a claw hammer on me, yet you come on here and say I'm a Trump loving terrorist. You really are deluded.

I will peacefully march this weekend with my little dog, make some nice food, speak to some loving people, and have some sex with a consenting female.

You can carry on watching your press releases, bow down to your lockdown kings and queens, and carry on about how everyone else is ruining your life.

Can you even show me a made up biased report saying the constant mRNA booster is safe effective and going to work?

Im unaware of any reports of such a nature.

Despite the White House’s recently announced intention to give people a Covid booster eight months after the primary series, neither the White House nor another country’s policies, a single scientific paper, or your favorite social media blogger determine when a booster is needed. The way the process works is that the company product sponsor has to collect the “real world” data and present it to the FDA, where scientists and regulators pour over it. The FDA has the regulatory authority to make the final decision on whether a particular vaccine has demonstrated safety and efficacy for it to be given as a booster. It is a very deliberate process, and it needs to be, because it impacts peoples’ health. FDA advisory committees are an important part of the process. The September 17th advisory committee considered multiple sources of data, including from the company (in this case, Pfizer). The committee’s determinations may have answered some questions, but they still may have left many confused. We are seeing scientific debate now in sharper focus than usual, because the stakes are high with the ongoing pandemic. However, disagreement among scientists is common and it is a healthy part of the scientific process.

Will You Need A Booster Vaccine Against Covid-19? (forbes.com)

At this stage the FDA in the USA is only recommending boosters for over 65's (or the particularly vulnerable) while they gather evidence and sort through the adverse finding registers and debate timeframes and risk vs benefits. Other analogous agencies in other countries are doing the same.

The consensus at the moment seems to be 'it's too early to tell when boosters will be needed'.

I find that hard to believe because the Covid death rate in the UK is about 4x higher than it was 12 months ago (specifically looking at August-September). Maybe they have less restrictions now, but the most obvious reason would be waning vaccine protection. Similar story in France.

The death rate in the northern hemisphere will only increase as winter approaches. Will this winter be worse than the last?

For us, last year we had no problems with Covid over summer so our situation should improve, but what happens next May/June?

Northern Hemisphere cold season will tell us a better story, high vaccine numbers, an open society and if they don't decrease numbers in cases or deaths then i think we can call the vaccines a failure.

Cases and deaths are higher than this time last year and the world has been vaccinating in 2021, next 6 months tells the story like i said.

I find that hard to believe because the Covid death rate in the UK is about 4x higher than it was 12 months ago (specifically looking at August-September). Maybe they have less restrictions now, but the most obvious reason would be waning vaccine protection. Similar story in France.

Misrepresenting the stats there.

COVID infection rates in the UK in August last year were between 800-1500 new cases per day (and were stable at 600 per day leading up to August)

Current infection rates are 30,000 to 40,000 per day (so 30 times higher than in August) at they've been at that level since July (and remember; deaths lag infections so the prior months infection rates are important).

So death rates per infection are actually far lower now than they were in August/ September.

30,000 daily infections for 'only' 130 odd deaths.

Northern Hemisphere cold season will tell us a better story, high vaccine numbers, an open society and if they don't decrease numbers in cases or deaths then i think we can call the vaccines a failure.

Cases and deaths are higher than this time last year and the world has been vaccinating in 2021, next 6 months tells the story like i said.

Yeh the next six months will say a lot but are you sure deaths are higher? Cases I knew were but pretty sure deaths were lower.

I did?

Where?
Your quote from above. This is the narrative you use when you people come on this thread.
Your upset and agitated, you've drunk the coolaid, you have no concept that people out there live life differently to you, that is offensive to you, sorry Mal but life is how you live it, not how someone else wants you to.

CFMEU thugs, anti-vaxx nutters and southern cross flag waving pro Trump types have always been polite and well mannered individuals, open to reason and...

Oh wait.

Your quote from above...

Did not expressly (or by inference) suggest you are a Trump supporter or a Terrorist.

Irrational for sure considering your anti-vaxx stance, and the fact you're posting with approval on a board dedicated to conspiracies.

But I don't pretend to know your political beliefs. I dont really want to know to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The European Medicines Agency (EMA) expects to decide in early October on the possible use of a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech, Covid-19 vaccine, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

It will be the EU drugs regulator's first decision on boosters, the source said, after the US Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday authorized a third dose of Pfizer for those 65 and older, all people at high risk of severe disease, and others who are regularly exposed to the virus.

Many EU states have already decided to administer a booster dose despite facing higher legal risks without a formal decision to do so by the EMA.

.....crucial data on the need and safety of boosters are still missing, in part because it is not yet fully clear how long vaccines protect against the virus."

Misrepresenting the stats there.

COVID infection rates in August last year were between 800-1500 new cases per day (and were stable at 600 per day leading up to August)

Current infection rates are 30 to 40,000 per day (so 30 times higher) at they've been at that level since July (and deaths lag infections).

So death rates per infection are actually far lower now than they were in August/ September (by a factor or nearly 10 fold).
Yes but there are a couple of other factors we missed. They're conducting more tests this year, picking up more asymptomatic positive cases - the people who wouldn't have volunteered to get tested last year. Also the now dominant delta variant is more contagious but less lethal.

You can only judge efficacy from the real world outcomes. Trial results from last year are irrelevant now.

Yeh the next six months will say a lot but are you sure deaths are higher? Cases I knew were but pretty sure deaths were lower.
Was just having a look at those numbers for 2020 and 2021 for september 21 for example...............

September 21 2020: 7 day moving average deaths was 4181
September 21 2021: 7 day moving average deaths was 8473.

What was encouraging was the peaks and troughs for both cases and deaths worldwide for 2021 as we head into the backend of 2021.

This was the peak 7 day moving average before descent for total cases and deaths worldwide....

Jan 10: 741,164
Apr 28: 826,555
Aug 30: 659,249

Deaths:

Jan 26: 14,807
Apr 30: 14,008
Aug 25: 10,247

When was Pfizer approved for babies?

They've started trials on kids as young as 6 months.

Apparently it can be prescribed at any age, but not recommended.

" Yvonne Maldonado, MD, FAAP, chair of the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases, urged physicians to wait until the clinical trials are complete in children to give the vaccine to those under 12. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back