Conspiracy Theory Coronavirus #4: Two weeks to flatten the curve!

Where do you stand with COVID-19 vaccines?

• Fully vaxxed, awaiting the return of my freedoms!

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I've gotten my first shot. One down, one to go!

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I intend to get vaccinated soon (first shot)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I'll wait for more studies or doctor's advice

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I'll wait until old age or a safer vaccine

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don't intend to get any Covid vaccine

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • I'm a full on anti-vaxxer!!! Umad?

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it being petty or seen as that is a core issue. We should be encouraging people to quit at all times and do so more so then we do for vaccinations for example. Ill definetly pick on Spitty over his smoking and hope he quits and gets better too. I dont care if he does but ill definetly encourage it. I dont wish smoking on my worst enemeny really and I hope Aristotle can quit and get better

You're picking on and taunting Aristotle specifically over it though as a distraction and it's now derailed the current discussion.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Regarding the earlier discussion on natural immunity the data out of Israel seems to suggest that best protection over time comes from natural infection AND one jab. Next is natural infection. And way behind is vaccination because it drops so much after 6 months, but this doesn't take into account forever booster shots.

" Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant. "

And before all the peanuts start gushing that this is a pre-print, remember that every paper ever studied was a pre-print at some stage, it's just part of the process.

So if you want to pick it apart look for flaws, not where it is in the publication cycle.

I've linked to the comments section where people look for faults, so knock yourselves out. :)
For the "previously infected vs. vaccinated and previously infected individuals" they only found a significant difference when asymptomatic PCR tests were compared.

If Symptomatic tests were compared (Symptomatic disease was present in 16 single dose vaccinees and in 23 of their unvaccinated counterparts out of 14,000 in each group), is not significantly different protection.

What possible reason do you have for the news about vaccinating already infected people given the data BlueE posted before? Its gotta come from somewhere.

Look up at #9,901 HitTheBoundary's post.

There are also problems aside, with Israel's data imo because we don't quite have enough of it yet.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What some of you guys 'doing your own research' don't get, is that you're not qualified to do 'your own research '.
The Invermectin research is an example.
Looking through research papers requires an ability to critically analyse .(Analyse =examine (something) methodically and in detail, typically in order to explain and interpret it.)
You really need to have learnt how to interpret research by being at Uni for years.
The Invermectin research was full of plagiarism, false data and paid for by dodgy sources.
That's why it is illegal to prescribe it in Australia now.

False. In order to come to the conclusion that Ivermectin - and various other therapeutics - are an effective treatment one does not have to have worked in the area, been to university or studied in any way, shape or form. There have been and still are numerous highly credentialed experts who have studied and worked in the field for decades who endorse Ivermectin. There is also evidence from entire nations that have used Ivermectin and seen a dramatic drop off in case numbers and hospitalisations.

So really, the layman does not require any scientific acumen at all. The experts - and more importantly, the scientifically recorded data and the verifiable evidence - speaks for itself.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The Murdoch how dare you live normal lives campaign has began

HitTheBoundary

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
For the "previously infected vs. vaccinated and previously infected individuals" they only found a significant difference when asymptomatic PCR tests were compared.

If Symptomatic tests were compared (Symptomatic disease was present in 16 single dose vaccinees and in 23 of their unvaccinated counterparts out of 14,000 in each group), is not significantly different protection.

Yes, it doesn't seem to be a much greater benefit. The definition of infection throughout this whole covid saga is a topic in itself.

In the comments section there's a good discussion of confounding factors, Henri van Werkhove made good points.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
False. In order to come to the conclusion that Ivermectin - and various other therapeutics - are an effective treatment one does not have to have worked in the area, been to university or studied in any way, shape or form. There have been and still are numerous highly credentialed experts who have studied and worked in the field for decades who endorse Ivermectin. There is also evidence from entire nations that have used Ivermectin and seen a dramatic drop off in case numbers and hospitalisations.

So really, the layman does not require any scientific acumen at all. The experts - and more importantly, the scientifically recorded data and the verifiable evidence - speaks for itself.
One part of the problem is much of the corporate media are suppressing the facts and promoting propaganda.

Ivermectin Misinformation with Dr. Peter McCullough

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Last edited:

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Regarding the earlier discussion on natural immunity the data out of Israel seems to suggest that best protection over time comes from natural infection AND one jab. Next is natural infection. And way behind is vaccination because it drops so much after 6 months, but this doesn't take into account forever booster shots.

" Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant. "

And before all the peanuts start gushing that this is a pre-print, remember that every paper ever studied was a pre-print at some stage, it's just part of the process.

So if you want to pick it apart look for flaws, not where it is in the publication cycle.

I've linked to the comments section where people look for faults, so knock yourselves out. :)

what exactly are you suggesting the implications for Vaccination are, based on this study?

HitTheBoundary

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
what exactly are you suggesting the implications for Vaccination are, based on this study?

Obviously there need to be more studies etc, and this is only looking at Pfizer and no other vaccines;

Implications?

That Pfizer is pretty crap without constant booster shots.
That those with natural immunity should be seen as equivalent to vaccinated.

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
So what's everyone's plans for when the vax passports come into play? (I'm talking to the unvaxxed peeps here)
Ride it out and hope they go away like the UK and a few of other European countries?
Give in and get the jab?
Get a fake passport?

I will likely be going to NZ next year in March and I'd bet my left nut on the fact that it will be no jab no fly, so may have to give into it and get the jab.
I have a fake proof of vax, (screenshot on phone and also printed out a copy), now I'm confident I could get away with that for say a pub or restaurant or whatever, but I'm not sure if that would work for the airlines because obviously it's not tied into my Medicare account.
Now I really want to go to NZ, and don't want to rock up to the airport and just risk it.
What would you do in this situation?

Spitty_the_alpaca

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Australia - 27 Sep - #CV19 Deaths - 14 NB- Australia records on average 387 deaths per day from all causes (Based on the last 18 months according to the ABS)

1632727178253.png

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
So what's everyone's plans for when the vax passports come into play? (I'm talking to the unvaxxed peeps here)
Ride it out and hope they go away like the UK and a few of other European countries?
Give in and get the jab?
Get a fake passport?

I will likely be going to NZ next year in March and I'd bet my left nut on the fact that it will be no jab no fly, so may have to give into it and get the jab.
I have a fake proof of vax, (screenshot on phone and also printed out a copy), now I'm confident I could get away with that for say a pub or restaurant or whatever, but I'm not sure if that would work for the airlines because obviously it's not tied into my Medicare account.
Now I really want to go to NZ, and don't want to rock up to the airport and just risk it.
If you want to travel anywhere internationally from Australia you will need to be vaccinated, at least for the next few years. And the aviation industry groups are working on a global digital system that all countries will use, so your fake phone certificate won't cut it.

HitTheBoundary

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Give in and get the jab?
Get a fake passport?

Novavax should be available by then. It's an older style tech.

Wait as long as you can to see if there's side effects, but at least it's another option.

pinko77

Club Legend
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Give in and get the jab?
Get a fake passport?

I will never take it so will have to work around it i am being asked daily at work to get the jab.
If it gets to bad I will get a caravan with a generator and go bush. Scary times really the government could stop people from buying food working having a income and home but they care about us.:laughing: I hope we can turn it around like some European countries have but we got some work to do.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Give in and get the jab?
Get a fake passport?

Buy a yacht.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back