Conspiracy Theory Coronavirus #4: Two weeks to flatten the curve!

Where do you stand with COVID-19 vaccines?

• Fully vaxxed, awaiting the return of my freedoms!

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I've gotten my first shot. One down, one to go!

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I intend to get vaccinated soon (first shot)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I'll wait for more studies or doctor's advice

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • I'll wait until old age or a safer vaccine

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I don't intend to get any Covid vaccine

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • I'm a full on anti-vaxxer!!! Umad?

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious also

The concept of the BLM movement is being pre judged before the police approach you based on the way you look and the location you are in
Now you are complaining about the fact that people are not obliging with the police approaching them based on the way they look and the location they are in?

Which one is it?

Any chance of an on-point discussion without the deflection to BLM? We're talking about policing in Australia which is largely free from the types of institutionalised issues BLM is about. Unsure why you're looking to me to rationalise it in any case, I'm fairly neutral on the larger movement, not particularly for or against.

Fact remains identifying yourself when interacting with police isn't a particularly onerous requirement, 100s if not 1000s of people have managed it daily with no fuss for quite a while now. But throw masks into the mix and people go bananas, muh freedoms etc. Its bizarre.

Last edited:

As hard as the cash splash was to target, it would be harder to in fairness take it back. It's done. Move on.

You're looking at this in hindsight. The federal government reacted when on a world scale there was very little known about the virus and potential impact. In reality Australia had the luxury to do what it did when most other nations didn't - Brazil and Argentina as great examples of those who don't. Would they have all done things differently in hindsight? No doubt! What's the point now in talking about 'complex solutions' that should have, would have, could have been better? Yes, we all know it's been a crap show. What's important is moving on, that's what will get society going, and put smiles on people's faces again.

Again, you keep thinking about politics, you need to get your head out the sand. Remote working was one example I used and will have a LOT to do with the market and its impact on work opportunities. I know first hand from experience within the industry I work. Online shopping and courier is another, there's heaps of examples.

I don't understand the changing world in front of me? I'm trying to help you understand it. I can tell you that I plan and will come out of all of this in a better position I was...for the reason that I AM looking at what's going on. Whether we agree or not politically doesn't change a thing. Just curious, what do you do for a living?

Look, the more time you spend worrying about politicians and their mistakes, the more of your life you will waste. Yes, they have messed with our lives in the East for nearly 2 years, but that's almost over. Yes, they will continue with Covid BS for years... so what? YOU choose how it impacts you. YOU choose to not be vaccinated and deal with what that entails. You can spend that time and energy on yourself, your career, building yourself into something better - if you choose. Worrying more about what politicians aren't or should be doing, you'll be sad and upset for life.

What are you on about? Centrelink chase people for overpayments constantly. They will send legal threats over 20 dollarsin some cases and have been known too. Its very easy to get back, they just dont want to

Argentina locked down as hard as we did. They are opposing examples. The point in talking about solutions is because on September 30,2021 we are still implementing the same failed solutions. You are pretending life is already back to normal and that hindsight is all we have? We are living in the moment you want to revert to hindsight. Its a crap show because of the government response first and foremost. The virus is now secondary to that

I think you are missing the social structure changes and adaptations that will never go away is what I mean.

Agree somewhat with the last comment, but in a way thats also the problem. The fact that is something we agree on doesnt bode well for a free and democratic future. If the answer to tyranny is surrender, its a shithouse answer

It's pretty common around here, could happen at any time and I haven't had a ticket in years.

I can honestly say ive never not once been pulled over without me doing something drastically wrong (ran through a red light accidently before and also doing 90 in a 70 zone as my only 2 real examples). Other times for breathe testing but never get asked a question ever so I just blow into it and given that I drink zero alcohol I just drive on

I can honestly say ive never not once been pulled over without me doing something drastically wrong (ran through a red light accidently before and also doing 90 in a 70 zone as my only 2 real examples). Other times for breathe testing but never get asked a question ever so I just blow into it and given that I drink zero alcohol I just drive on

That's good, it would be nice if it wasn't so stressy getting out and about around here.

Have any of you guys in a tizzy about this ever been pulled over by the cops and given them your license?

Just curious.
Never been pulled over. Never had to provide identification at a random breath test either. Given my details when I've commited a crime though. This guy was simply walking down the street though, do you support this sort of police interference in peoples lives? Would you be happy to have to produce identity papers on request at any point of you going about your daily activities?

Rumors are QLD are going to announce some new health advice that is guaranteed to protect its people from Covid that has a 100% sucess rate in stopping all infections

View attachment 1249648

Just carry a football.
Dunno about that. Crowd restrictions have been introduced and they have to wear masks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In W.A you really get targetted on how you look. I just dont look the part

That probably happens here as well in ordinary times, I make efforts not to attract attention when I go out but that's no guarantee through these times. The police have moved in to my area, they've got it well and truly covered.

Never been pulled over. Never had to provide identification at a random breath test either. Given my details when I've commited a crime though. This guy was simply walking down the street though, do you support this sort of police interference in peoples lives? Would you be happy to have to produce identity papers on request at any point of you going about your daily activities?

'Support' is the wrong word. 'Understand', more like. None of us here (I think?) agree much with masks at this point, but we're all aware that they're part of the covid regs. Without a mask it would appear the guy was in breach of the covid regs - whether any of us agree with those regs is irrelevant (I don't agree with 40kmh non-school zones, for example). From a police perspective its not quite just a guy "simply walking down the street".

So yeah, I completely understand when a guy without a mask walking through a built-up area like St Kilda which cops are actively patrolling gets stopped and questioned by police. He reckons he has an exemption - fine. Pretty confident that if he'd just answered their questions like a functioning adult and, in addition to informing them he has an exemption, given his name when asked, he wouldn't have ended up being arrested.

The sheer disdain and profound hate Dan Andrews has for the people of Victoria is like nothing we have seen in western civilization. Scomo needs to impeach the guy ASAP. Its at a scary stage now where he is so unhinged he is a danger to the community.
Watching the cult try and defend him is quite humorous though. Most days in lockdown, most deaths, most cases, most quarantine leaks, an unprecedented drop in population, but it's all someone's else's fault! At what point do you think they might click that they've been hoodwinked by a slick PR and social media team into believing he has handled this whole thing well? That's right, never

A mate of mine has been pro vaccine but today he told me a mate of his collpased after his 2nd dose and has now been in hospital for 2 weeks undergoing all sorts of testing, it seems he has a more balanced view now and can understand why fit healthy young people aren't jumping to take it.

Agree somewhat with the last comment, but in a way thats also the problem. The fact that is something we agree on doesnt bode well for a free and democratic future. If the answer to tyranny is surrender, its a shithouse answer

I get that. Government have gotten far too involved in people's lives this time around, which we do agree on. They've taken away basic freedoms in order to appease the masses, post fear campaign. I give them some leeway with hospitals, but again, what's happening in Vic right now shows their lockdown methods and all this science and data behind it is complete BS. They're taking no steps in promoting personal responsibility either, other than pushing the vaccine (which I do agree people should take). But, feel free to all get fat and unhealthy while taking it.

A mate of mine has been pro vaccine but today he told me a mate of his collpased after his 2nd dose and has now been in hospital for 2 weeks undergoing all sorts of testing, it seems he has a more balanced view now and can understand why fit healthy young people aren't jumping to take it.

You mean, he collapsed and now you're saying it must have been caused by the vaccine? Just like all those deaths that occurred while people had the virus (with not of)?

Or, I guess the hundreds of millions of people who didn't have trouble with the vaccine just got lucky, hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back