Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Catch up games then matchday 30 starting on June 20?

If a new matchday starts every 3 days the season could be concluded by July 19-20. FIFA mandated break of 3 weeks for training resumption 10 August roughly. Return maybe two weeks later for 2020/21.

Transfer window and contract negotiations in that short period will be a clusterfu** though
FA Cup and Champions League Still to play. At least 4 more rounds of games for English clubs.

Can see it now, 2-3 games played each to be able to award the title before someone gets corona & then they can the season

Why would they can the season if someone got corona? People have been getting corona during training.

I made one post in this thread yesterday and it was to express my exasperation at the circular arguments.

In fact since Monday I'd made two posts plus the one above, one to tell Elmer it wasn't definite the league was coming back, and one to mock Lebbo's conspiracy theories.
What’s the conspiracy about an economic collapse SM all because of panic and fear being manufactured over an elevated flu season?

To my knowledge this hasn’t been an issue at all for fans in Germany.

If they’re concerned, maybe the PL should consider playing all games at Barnard Castle?

Pool never won the title. They couldn't secure it, end of story. They can only get the title if the Association puts lives at risk by playing out the games in June / July or if they give them a fake title on PPG. Either way pointless as its meaningless * season and only small clubs fans would argue otherwise.

Why would they can the season if someone got corona? People have been getting corona during training.
Once they go into full contact training the whole squad "should" go into self isolation in the event of a positive test.

To my knowledge this hasn’t been an issue at all for fans in Germany.

If they’re concerned, maybe the PL should consider playing all games at Barnard Castle?

It's just Liverpool fans that nobody over here trusts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be more worroed about the fans thst openly chant for the death of their CEO - an employee of their club judt doing his job.
I'm more worried about your spelling than coronavirus Adolf98.

Once they go into full contact training the whole squad "should" go into self isolation in the event of a positive test.

Correct, and then only if players test negative should they be allowed to resume.

Not being funny but that’s 1 game every 3.8 days, is that really so different to what most of the top sides usually have to juggle every season? Maybe I’m missing something.
Maybe toward the very end of the season if you're in the semis of both cup comps and have some games in hand to catch up in the league because of that.

Otherwise definitely not common.

Maybe toward the very end of the season if you're in the semis of both cup comps and have some games in hand to catch up in the league because of that.

Otherwise definitely not common.
The thing is clubs in european competitions have a deep 25 man squad for this reason. But a club with no real cup ambition like a Bournemouth tend to rely on smaller squads and playing every 3.8 days is not what they have built their squad to do. Only consolation is they're all in the same boat down the bottom but still it's leaving a lot to luck with injuries knowingly putting players at higher risk.

Like I said a good month ago if City, Chelsea or even United were winning the league this season their fans and the club as a whole would be more accepting of a null and void and human safety being most important. But when it's a club going for their first who are a sure thing it's making people who you think have morals act like savages

Remove this Banner Ad

Back