Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, spot on. Nobody has ever suggested anything other than resuming competition if it is medically safe to do so.

Any posters suggesting otherwise are usually salty fans trying to start a s**t fight / troll. Which really isn't on as it is using the health of people to bait fellow posters.

chef has been shuttung it down to his credit. It is frustrating that theres still a few that persist with it.

Chile, though

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Chile, though

The funny thing is it proves all the trolls wrong so go ahead and keep posting it. Brades had already had a melt about it.

Makes their argument null & void. Suspect the biggest trolls wont be able to resist but bite bsck and further make a fool of themselves.

Ill grab the popcorn.

I wonder if the 25 man list is still going to apply, or will they scrap it.

Common sense says scrap it, although it further damages the integrity of the competition. Can't think of any "name" players that were left of lists due to injury to be fair.

I wonder what would happen if a premier league footballer had a socially distant barbeque in his back yard for 7 people. I'm guessing it's considered unsafe atm.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Speaking of our resident whack job himself

I found a meme with you in it
D3AE5E05-A38E-4944-8C3E-BDE71785AD72.jpeg

It seems that you're either branded a null and "voider", or a "Liverpool win at all costs" type in this debate.

Most are somewhere in between both. I reckon there's only one or two on BF, and a pretty vocal minority on other forums/social media that fit either of the definitions in the first line.

For me, I want the season cut short, and I don't care how it's resolved. If Liverpool win, fine. I have no problems at all with that. You don't have to be one or the other.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
It seems that you're either branded a null and "voider", or a "Liverpool win at all costs" type in this debate.

Most are somewhere in between both. I reckon there's only one or two on BF, and a pretty vocal minority on other forums/social media that fit either of the definitions in the first line.

For me, I want the season cut short, and I don't care how it's resolved. If Liverpool win, fine. I have no problems at all with that. You don't have to be one or the other.
Yeah the Liverpool winning isn't the issue. Its the rest of the competition which is now losing it's integrity and will result in sides being relegated or missing CL football when they normally wouldn't have. There's no right option though as N&V or ending now with PPG is also not fair, but at least it would be over and done with and legal proceedings could begin and we move onto to a hopefully clean 20/21 season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much football to play. Potentially 13 matches in 65 games with a limited pre season.

Will definitely have an impact on the fitness of our squad going into next season.

If you're going to congregate in Liverpool, Manchester isn't that far away.

We don't want them.

It's silly anyway, people. will congregate regardless of where the game is held. If it's not safe because you're worried about people being idiots, then it's not safe to hold the games.

Too much football to play. Potentially 13 matches in 65 games with a limited pre season.

Will definitely have an impact on the fitness of our squad going into next season.
We shouldn't be continuing, and that isn't a 'deny liverpool' angle. Give them the title for all I care.
6 clubs spend money beefing up a squad for mid week European games, 14 clubs don't. Not to mention that under normal conditions those 14 often throw cup games if near relegation to prioritise the league with a small squad. Often field weak sides against teams they don't expect a result and load up for the relegation 6 pointer.

Add in this short turn around, loss of match fitness and not being able to buy players to adjust to the more rigorous schedule and it is too compromised IMO.

Ahsog

??
Feb 26, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

87B52BB6-3C69-499F-A259-C2E23E2FA9DB.png

Injuries in the Bundesliga are well above average. Can already see a decreasing trend in the data though. Hopefully that’s match conditioning kicking in and it continues to decrease. Will be interesting to see how the Premier League goes. JPG has already gone down in a training accident.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
We shouldn't be continuing, and that isn't a 'deny liverpool' angle. Give them the title for all I care.
6 clubs spend money beefing up a squad for mid week European games, 14 clubs don't. Not to mention that under normal conditions those 14 often throw cup games if near relegation to prioritise the league with a small squad. Often field weak sides against teams they don't expect a result and load up for the relegation 6 pointer.

Add in this short turn around, loss of match fitness and not being able to buy players to adjust to the more rigorous schedule and it is too compromised IMO.

That is all well and good for your club mate, but what about my mob (Leeds) who have been in the top 2 or 3 of the English Championship for most of the season and really desperate for promotion.

I really don't want us to go up by default either.
I think the promotion/Relegation issue was a bigger headache for the FA to resolve than cancelling the rest of the season and awarding Liverpool The Premier League by Default .

There was no easy way for the FA to come to decision that would make everyone happy.

That is all well and good for your club mate, but what about my mob (Leeds) who have been in the top 2 or 3 of the English Championship for most of the season and really desperate for promotion.

I really don't want us to go up by default either.
I think the promotion/Relegation issue was a bigger headache for the FA to resolve than cancelling the rest of the season and awarding Liverpool The Premier League by Default .

There was no easy way for the FA to come to decision that would make everyone happy.
Not sure how this is about my club specifically but you be you.

When that many fixtures, which are already designated for zero fans anyway, are still under consideration for relocation to a neutral venue then why are we bothering. Clearly the authorities have little faith in the general public to adhere to distancing measures in place (which atm prevent attendance at football matches). If even one game is relocated then the integrity of the 19/20 PL season is eroded. It is a competition where you play all 19 opponents once HOME and AWAY. Not neutral.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC

When that many fixtures, which are already designated for zero fans anyway, are still under consideration for relocation to a neutral venue then why are we bothering. Clearly the authorities have little faith in the general public to adhere to distancing measures in place (which atm prevent attendance at football matches). If even one game is relocated then the integrity of the 19/20 PL season is eroded. It is a competition where you play all 19 opponents once HOME and AWAY. Not neutral.

Let them play at Klanfield and they can infect each other in Liverpool.

Random set of fixtures.

Don't get why City v Newcastle would be neutral for example.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

If they are gonna wait till June the 8th on making a decision on whether the Championship can resume, I will get the impression it will be called off and Leeds go up as Champions (Not the way I wanted it, but given the timeframe between the end of this and the start of the next season, that would seem to most logistical and fair outcome)

Oddly enough, we have been supported by Derby County (of all clubs) in our bid to win promption.

#MOT 💛💙

Remove this Banner Ad

Back