Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Not sure how this is about my club specifically but you be you.

When that many fixtures, which are already designated for zero fans anyway, are still under consideration for relocation to a neutral venue then why are we bothering. Clearly the authorities have little faith in the general public to adhere to distancing measures in place (which atm prevent attendance at football matches). If even one game is relocated then the integrity of the 19/20 PL season is eroded. It is a competition where you play all 19 opponents once HOME and AWAY. Not neutral.

Play all the Liverpool games at Millwall. That will put a stop to their fans congregating at the ground

Let them play at Klanfield and they can infect each other in Liverpool.

After continually trolling Liverpool fans about not caring about people just to see a title, even joking to willingly wish people to get sick and possibly die is very poor taste :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
After continually trolling Liverpool fans about not caring about people just to see a title, even joking to willingly wish people to get sick and possibly die is very poor taste :thumbsdown:
I'm not trolling or wishing anyone to get sick.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This Kane character is turning into a mini-Zidane. Shouldn’t he be supporting a different club with that username? And all we need now is ******* Cooldude to come back

I'm not trolling or wishing anyone to get sick.

You literally just said they should play it at Anfield so they can infect each other.

How is that not wishing people to get sick? It was a tasteless troll given what's going on in the world.

Play all the Liverpool games at Millwall. That will put a stop to their fans congregating at the ground
Is it true they will be putting in fake crowd noise?
Might get some atmosphere at The Emirates finally.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

If they are gonna wait till June the 8th on making a decision on whether the Championship can resume, I will get the impression it will be called off and Leeds go up as Champions (Not the way I wanted it, but given the timeframe between the end of this and the start of the next season, that would seem to most logistical and fair outcome)

Oddly enough, we have been supported by Derby County (of all clubs) in our bid to win promption.

#MOT 💛💙

It looks like the EFL will meet as a whole on 8 June but the clubs in each division will decide the outcome for their division. League 2 has already decided to finish up with points-per-game to decide places. That was mostly due to financial reasons. Many clubs have furloughed their players and, with no crowds it would cost them money to stage games. A lot of players are out of contract on 30 June so the clubs won't need to pay them until they are re-contracted for season 2020-21.

The Championship clubs are not so cash-strapped so I reckon the games could go ahead.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Is it fair to say the remaining teams involved in the FA Cup will take winning the tournament this year even more seriously (than the usual blase attitude in recent years by many of the big clubs ?)

Would have thought Chelsea, United, Sheffield and Arsenal (maybe Leicester as well) would still probably be prioritising a place in Europe, Norwich would be focusing on PL survival

City can probably focus just on Europe and FA cup and Liverpool would probably just focus on the Cup unless they want to go for points records

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
You literally just said they should play it at Anfield so they can infect each other.

How is that not wishing people to get sick? It was a tasteless troll given what's going on in the world.
Look, if you guys are going to celebrate, do it at your own ******* ground. Don't drive somewhere to a neutral ground and infect another area of the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Haha and Bojan, I’m not sure you really want to start throwing stones about particular sets of fans being disorderly and more likely to break the law than others..

E15D4383-4057-4D9F-96FE-6632BEC22699.jpeg
23C3A51E-1E5C-462B-BC06-052A4547D29F.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Still waiting to see a single image of football fans congregating outside stadiums in Germany.

People are packing out the beaches here which are ******* s**t. They are going to get on the piss in the streets when the football is on imo.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Given Merseyside Police failed to identify a single person that trashed our coach a few years back (some of who were standing on a police van) it's no real surprise arrest figures are so low.

It looks like the EFL will meet as a whole on 8 June but the clubs in each division will decide the outcome for their division. League 2 has already decided to finish up with points-per-game to decide places. That was mostly due to financial reasons. Many clubs have furloughed their players and, with no crowds it would cost them money to stage games. A lot of players are out of contract on 30 June so the clubs won't need to pay them until they are re-contracted for season 2020-21.

The Championship clubs are not so cash-strapped so I reckon the games could go ahead.

One of the consequences of some divisions playing on and some not is that out of contract players in leagues that are cut short will probably see the start of next season delayed to coincide with the return of the top divisions. So another couple of months without income, for blokes that aren't on the huge money we see in the premier league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back