Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

That doesn't contradict my statement

Dortmund fans literally tried to attack the Leipzig team bus and it had to get re-routed last minute to prevent it.

But yeah, German fans don't attack other teams busses apparently

Last edited:

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
This is in line with the German results which is why I was so focussed on seeing how their league was going. Looks like it really is quite safe to resume football.
Not sure that's the case.

It shows that there's still a risk of being involved in full contact training with an infected person.

There might always be "a" risk, but as it stands it's still very possible the situation in England will get worse before it gets better.

Not sure that's the case.

It shows that there's still a risk of being involved in full contact training with an infected person.

There might always be "a" risk, but as it stands it's still very possible the situation in England will get worse before it gets better.

There's a risk in everything though, it's about minimising risk. It'll be interesting to see the fourth round of testing and whether that remains zero. I don't think you can really say zero positive cases is anything other than great news though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a risk in everything though, it's about minimising risk. It'll be interesting to see the fourth round of testing and whether that remains zero. I don't think you can really say zero positive cases is anything other than great news though.
0 positive tests is ideal.

But it's just one set of tests, and taken at a time where training was still done in a socially distant manner.

Now we're into full contact, the risk increases. All it takes is one person to get infected (and the scientists are saying the risk of that is still extremely high) and have a couple of training sessions before being tested and getting the results back and we're in trouble.

Minimising risk is never the best option when you're talking about occupational safety.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

But it's just one set of tests, and taken at a time where training was still done in a socially distant manner.

Now we're into full contact, the risk increases.

Now we're into full contact, the risk increases. All it takes is one person to get infected (and the scientists are saying the risk of that is still extremely high) and have a couple of training sessions before being tested and getting the results back and we're in trouble.

Minimising risk is never the best option when you're talking about occupational safety.

As long as the risk of infection is lower than what is present in every day life it is safe.

Also lab results are back within the day, twice a week. Very low chance of infection, lower than what players experience going to the shop / going for a walk.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
honestly just stop the season now - Liverpool’s embarassing and pathetic (seen that way by anyone who isn’t deranged) ‘Happy Birthday’ to Steven Gerrard has just re-iterated why they are such a disliked club worldwide. Surprised they didnt go with the t-shirts as well..

Nice melt. They do it at the start of training every time a player or coach has a birthday. Really not something worth getting upset over.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Nice melt. They do it at the start of training every time a player or coach has a birthday. Really not something worth getting upset over.
Yes, I must be upset because I typed something on an internet forum.
Very observant of you.

To all out there who are grown adults, quit with the 'melt' stuff. It's a dumb term used on the internet by pimply kids who spend 50% of their day toning up their favoured wrist.

A word of advice - don't take everything I post so seriously. 95% of it is dumb.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
honestly just stop the season now - Liverpool’s embarassing and pathetic (seen that way by anyone who isn’t deranged) ‘Happy Birthday’ to Steven Gerrard has just re-iterated why they are such a disliked club worldwide. Surprised they didnt go with the t-shirts as well..
unnamed-2.gif

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

As much as I don't despise Liverpool and it's fans like many on this board too, the Gerrard worship by the Scousera has been a bit too nauseating for my taste

Ultimately he will be remembered first and foremost by most neutrals for that infamous slip at Anfield which cost Liverpool their first league title in a couple of decades and a bit.

Before the outbreak my colleague took Monday off because she had a fever, but came in on Tuesday because she had tasks she needed to get done.

Was it risk free for me to sit next to her?

Before the outbreak my colleague took Monday off because she had a fever, but came in on Tuesday because she had tasks she needed to get done.

Was it risk free for me to sit next to her?

No. But your work would have evaluated that particular risk and chosen control measure(s) to mitigate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back