chef

Oct 5, 2007
Kyabramovich
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Pretty disgusting to be honest.

I'm sure all these staff could be kept if the players donated a weeks wage to them.
Would have been great PR for the players if they took the common folk under their wings and donated a little of their monsters pay checks.

Geez PEA on his £250k a week could easily help dozens.

Latro

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 14, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Pretty disgusting to be honest.

I'm sure all these staff could be kept if the players donated a weeks wage to them.
Well Ozil said he would take a pay cut if it was guaranteed to go to employees.

Kroenkes net worth went up $300 million in the last 4 months.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
Pathetic from Arsenal and good to see it called out by their supporters. A few on here didn't see any issue with either relying on government support or making staff redundant early in this health crisis, but glad it's becoming a more common view that football clubs are acting pretty selfishly in some of these actions. I have no doubt Arsenal will be making signings regardless.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
They should just scrap the comp.
No reason at all to do that. Atletico players and staff had a break after the league finished. There is a good chance those two positives are for players / staff that have had no recent close contact with the squad.

Further to this virus transmission in outdoor environments is rare. A friend of my wifes is a contact tracing nurse, nearly all virus transmissions are found to happen indooors at either the workplace or at home. That, the exhaustive testing protocol and extensive cleaning standards are the reason why the positive virus rate in England over the PL / Championship was under 0.1% despite some claiming there would be a breakout of the virus amongst footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom