Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Liverpool might win the title behind closed doors.

If a bear shits in the woods and nobody hears it, did it really happen?

For years it will be like, “Haha, you campaigners couldn’t even get a single fan to go to your open bus parade”.

Madrid appears to be the epicentre for the next major COVID-19 outbreak. Spain had recorded 589 confirmed cases on Sunday, by Tuesday that had increased to 1,622 confirmed cases (that’s just confirmed, likely to be many more infected but undiagnosed), and most of those were in Madrid. More concerning is the rate of growth, only Italy have recorded a bigger increase in cases during that period.

The Spanish government has recommended avoiding travel both within and outside Spain and banned indoor gatherings of more than 1,000 people in Madrid, Rioja and Basque.

Despite this, it looks like thousands of Atletico and Real fans will be coming to Anfield for the game tomorrow, and to the Etihad for the game against City next week.

City vs Arsenal has been postponed.

And so it begins.

Only due to Arsenal players that had to be quarantined after they met up with the Olympiakos owner following the Europa League tie. Its not due to public concerns. The match will be rescheduled after the 14 day quarantine period.

Only due to Arsenal players that had to be quarantined after they met up with the Olympiakos owner following the Europa League tie. Its not due to public concerns. The match will be rescheduled after the 14 day quarantine period.

Arsenal are playing this weekend I'm pretty sure.

Also heard speculation the owner is lying because he was due in court.

Would surely have huge ramifications if he does have it as he's also the Forest owner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getafe not traveling to Milan this week. Both the Italian and Spanish players' union have asked to postpone the game. Inter's board agrees with Getafe's that the game shouldn't go ahead, and the Getafe president says he's happy to accept a loss if that's what UEFA decide to do.

Would surely have huge ramifications if he does have it as he's also the Forest owner.

Jeez that would be filthy if he was bullshitting. The Olympiakos game was on 28 / 2. 14 day quarantine period will end Saturday so their next game should be fine.

As a Greek football fan I can confirm that this is completely within the realms of possibility. He and Olympiacos are up on corruption charges, this trial has been pushed back and pushed back over the last 6-7 years so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the latest stunt he's pulling. For the record, I believe all of the Olympiacos squad has been tested and the results have come back negative.

As a Greek football fan I can confirm that this is completely within the realms of possibility. He and Olympiacos are up on corruption charges, this trial has been pushed back and pushed back over the last 6-7 years so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the latest stunt he's pulling. For the record, I believe all of the Olympiacos squad has been tested and the results have come back negative.

Did the squad have to quarantine themselves?

Did the squad have to quarantine themselves?

I don't think so, they've been playing matches normally, except for last weekend they didn't and thats because the whole round of football was pushed back (not due to Corona) but they are expected to play Wolves this Friday morning and PAOK Monday morning. Wolves asked for the game to postponed but UEFA knocked them back. Olympiacos v Wolves is set to be played behind closed with limits placed on the number of media allowed into the stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back