Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Do some research. The Great Depression of the 1920’s should be your starting point

So after the Great Depression ended, if the 1920s were called the “Roaring Twenties”, then what will this make the 2020’s? The decade that the Brisbane Lions wins 8 flags in a row?

Ridiculous way this is being handled. The media has whipped everyone into a frenzy over this virus and forced governments to act irrationally on bad data. For the overwhelming majority it's a mild illness, yes the elderly are high risk and those with pre-conditions, but that risk is just as high with the flu. The sooner this virus does the rounds the sooner we develope herd immunity to shield those who are vulnerable. The economic drawbacks will be far greater and cost more lives than this virus ever will

Ridiculous way this is being handled. The media has whipped everyone into a frenzy over this virus and forced governments to act irrationally on bad data. For the overwhelming majority it's a mild illness, yes the elderly are high risk and those with pre-conditions, but that risk is just as high with the flu. The sooner this virus does the rounds the sooner we develope herd immunity to shield those who are vulnerable. The economic drawbacks will be far greater and cost more lives than this virus ever will

You do know it's the Chief Medial Officers in each country advising the government and it's their advice the government is following, not the media?

Bad data, please.

The difference between this and the flu is the infection rate and the mortality rate, both of which are far, far higher than with the flu.

Again, proof about the economic impact costing more lives than if we did nothing about this virus. Proof. Or you're just talking out of your ass and wasting everyone's time.

What line of work are you in?

We are seeing more younger (and seemingly healthy) people die from it in the US.

Cannot see the season resuming at any point this year. Best we can hope for is that next season is shortened/abridged and we play the final league games of 2019/20 then.

I am now starting to get the sinking feeling Liverpool, Leeds, The Baggies and Coventry (etc) are going to get *****ed over and this past season will be declared abandoned/null and void.

I know there is more important things to be worried and concerned about in the world, but I feel as a long suffering LUFC fan to feel extremely bitter and angry if such a thing was to happen.

Of course I want a cure/vaccine for Covid 19 above all else, but still it would feel like another dagger in the heart of the past 16 odd years of the s**t show that is Leeds Utd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What line of work are you in?

PATQCTt19GMUEs23fVxvFWKDfbs=.gif

I'm just surprised Lebbo posts on the internet when everyone knows the Government is able to watch you through your devices to keep tabs on you.

Hope he doesn't drink tap water either, that's how they get their mind control chemicals into you.
I filter the tap water as it takes out 99% of fluoride. There’s a reason your dentist tells you not to drink it.

You do know it's the Chief Medial Officers in each country advising the government and it's their advice the government is following, not the media?

Bad data, please.

The difference between this and the flu is the infection rate and the mortality rate, both of which are far, far higher than with the flu.

Again, proof about the economic impact costing more lives than if we did nothing about this virus. Proof. Or you're just talking out of your ass and wasting everyone's time.
If you think the CMO can run the country effectively you’re speaking out of yours. Actually, you’re spraying verbal diarrhoea everywhere.

I filter the tap water as it takes out 99% of fluoride. There’s a reason your dentist tells you not to drink it.
My dentist doesn't tell me not to drink it. Fluoride is good for your teeth.

If you think the CMO can run the country effectively you’re speaking out of yours. Actually, you’re spraying verbal diarrhoea everywhere.
Did I say they run the country? I said they advise on this specific event.

Good to see you avoiding the rest of my post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back