Coronavirus and Football

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Besides the fact that the virus is nowhere near as lethal as the doom merchants are saying or predicting. What is the real crisis or event that the Coronavirus is being used to deliberately divert our attention from?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We should all be nicer to each other during this time. Don’t like to see people giving out personal abuse to someone else just for having a different opinion

We should all be nicer to each other during this time. Don’t like to see people giving out personal abuse to someone else just for having a different opinion
True but when a conspiracy theorist acts like a child when questioned then it doesn't exactly do their reputation any favours.

I filter the tap water as it takes out 99% of fluoride. There’s a reason your dentist tells you not to drink it.
My dentist suggests that drinking fluoride isn't a great idea either. He's said nothing about not drinking tap water though but I suppose he's a shill for Big Fluro.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
yeah, it's all fake, the doctors and nurses are all in on it. lots of makeup being used to fake injuries and wounds from overwashing and ppe being worn for ages. nevermind all the businesses shutting, the hours cut, the jobs gone. it's all one big conspiracy.

i work at clinpath. it's no joke.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just the flu. * me Lebbo73.

Let’s talk real world data and modelling in published, peer reviewed literature written by doctors and public health experts.

R0 of 2.8-3.8 (seasonal flu usually around 1.3). What does this mean? With 10 generations of uninterrupted transmission, 1 covid infection could generate between 29,620 (R0=2.8) and 627,821 (R0=3.8) infections, while 1 flu infection would only generate 14 infections. Covid spreads significantly faster than the flu.

Case fatality rate of 1/100 increasing to 1/10 as soon as the hospitals fill up (see Italy, Spain), seasonal flu is usually around 1 death per 1,000 cases.

^Read this thread. Average age at admission to ICU for people diagnosed with covid in the UK = 60 years. 48% of all admissions died (25% of 16-49 year olds, 40% of 50-69 year olds, 73% of 70+ year olds). And that’s while the hospitals still have spare capacity. The comparisons to outcomes for people suffering non-covid viral pneumonia are stark.

Imperial College of London modelling predicts that if we treated this like the flu and went about our daily lives, we’d see around 490-510k covid attributed deaths in the UK, 2.18-2.2 million in the US.

Last edited:

It's a dangerous opinion though. Do you really reckon Lebbo is sitting at home in quarantine as is required by the government if he has this opinion? Do you reckon he's cleaning his hands, keeping the 1.5m distance when out in public that he's required if he thinks this isn't as deadly as people are being told?

Looks like clubs don't even care enough to protect their own staff let alone lower league clubs.
The furlough is designed to protect peoples jobs.

The furlough is designed to protect peoples jobs.

I know, it even says so in the tweet I posted.

You reckon football clubs like Spurs need to be accessing that money? That money should be reserved for people that actually need it. Not having a billionaire cutting their staff salaries and leaning on the government. It's the same criticism of pricks like Branson.

I know, it even says so in the tweet I posted.

You reckon football clubs like Spurs need to be accessing that money? That money should be reserved for people that actually need it. Not having a billionaire cutting their staff salaries and leaning on the government. It's the same criticism of pricks like Branson.
I'd rather see staff put on furlough at 80% of salary than see them laid off because there's no income coming in.

I'd rather see staff put on furlough at 80% of salary than see them laid off because there's no income coming in.

******* lol. How about billionaire owners actually dig into their pockets during this time instead of draining government funds that might mean Joe Blogs in a job misses out on government support because it's not an endless slush fund.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
******* lol. How about billionaire owners actually dig into their pockets during this time instead of draining government funds that might mean Joe Blogs in a job misses out on government support because it's not an endless slush fund.
If the government wanted conditions placed on who is eligible they would have placed conditions.

The people that will benefit won't be the billionaire owners, it will be the (mainly lower paid) employees who get a decent wage and still have a job at the end of it.

Spurs will be taking a huge hit as it is, and it will take years for them to recover financially.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's a dangerous opinion though. Do you really reckon Lebbo is sitting at home in quarantine as is required by the government if he has this opinion? Do you reckon he's cleaning his hands, keeping the 1.5m distance when out in public that he's required if he thinks this isn't as deadly as people are being told?
I wash my hands regularly. However, I don’t hesitate to leave the house as much as possible. I’m an active person. I’m heading to golf soon once the grass dries from last night’s rain.
Btw, if someone wants to obey the draconian social distancing laws, walk around me.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If the government wanted conditions placed on who is eligible they would have placed conditions.

The people that will benefit won't be the billionaire owners, it will be the (mainly lower paid) employees who get a decent wage and still have a job at the end of it.

Spurs will be taking a huge hit as it is, and it will take years for them to recover financially.
You would think all football clubs will be making massive losses out of this. It would make sense to use whatever means they can to mitigate the loss.

I wash my hands regularly. However, I don’t hesitate to leave the house as much as possible. I’m an active person. I’m heading to golf soon once the grass dries from last night’s rain.
Btw, if someone wants to obey the draconian social distancing laws, walk around me.

What a disgusting attitude.

This is the issue with this moron's destructive views WealstoneRaider, and why they're so dangerous.

Back