Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

To FAITH? Faith was a very bad troll and well and truly overdid it.

Might have to check out the crows board to see if FAITH is doing things that could endanger the public. That’s a whole new level of behaviour

I've seen some pretty ordinary and selfish stuff during this. My partner had to close her business early on and we were weighing up options and could we get anything from the government and her sister had the nerve to have a go that people should have plenty of savings to cover situations like this(like it happens all the time). Anyway got a call from the sister(who is a dentist) last night panicking asking what she can get as she could be out of work for months. Illustrated how entitled and judgemental some can be when they're not in the situation.
i went to the dentist last week and was meant to have my two top wisdom teeth out. had the right one pulled cos it needed to come out. was meant to have a few fillings this friday but got a text last week saying that it had been cancelled and 'rescheduled' for 6 months. they had been running low on protective gear as well so i don't know if the midnight no surgery stuff affected them or if they simply had to shut due to running out of ppe.

i went to the dentist last week and was meant to have my two top wisdom teeth out. had the right one pulled cos it needed to come out. was meant to have a few fillings this friday but got a text last week saying that it had been cancelled and 'rescheduled' for 6 months. they had been running low on protective gear as well so i don't know if the midnight no surgery stuff affected them or if they simply had to shut due to running out of ppe.

They're not allowed to use the drill things as apparently it spreads viruses everywhere. So assume the lack of PPE would be why as they would essentially needed new gear and probably the room cleaned for each visit.

To FAITH? Faith was a very bad troll and well and truly overdid it.

Might have to check out the crows board to see if FAITH is doing things that could endanger the public. That’s a whole new level of behaviour
FAITH was a troll. Bit different to being a dangerous selfish knobhead who wants people to die.

Playing golf is a low level risk sport
yes and I have been playing a round here and there on my leave.

Until it was banned and now I am not.
I am mates with people working as groundskeepers about 3 different courses. All now stood down like the millions of Australians before them.
FAITH was a troll. Bit different to being a dangerous selfish knobhead who wants people to die.
On the same hymn sheet big fella.

When this first broke I thought * it, get it over with and let me catch it now. Then you read more and more about it.

Yeah * that first thought. It likely wouldn’t kill me but could kill someone I know or the relative of someone I know who I gave it to. So no thanks and I’ll stay at home until easter then back to work.

yes and I have been playing a round here and there on my leave.

Until it was banned and now I am not.
I am mates with people working as groundskeepers about 3 different courses. All now stood down like the millions of Australians before them.

On the same hymn sheet big fella.

When this first broke I thought fu** it, get it over with and let me catch it now. Then you read more and more about it.

Yeah fu** that first thought. It likely wouldn’t kill me but could kill someone I know or the relative of someone I know who I gave it to. So no thanks and I’ll stay at home until easter then back to work.

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] We Live in Interesting Times [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Hi Lebbo73

The Chinese have a saying ‘may you live in interesting times’. They certainly got their wish.

No-one I have spoken to can recall anything quite like what we are experiencing now. However, despite the induced hysteria, the past week has seen some evidence that the alarmism attached to COVID–19 and the global response has been way over the top.

The catastrophic danger peddled by much of the media is increasingly being exposed as statistical manipulation.

In some countries with high mortality rates, they only count those who are hospitalised as Corona cases. This conveniently ignores many who have the virus but much less severe (or even zero) symptoms.

This generates headline mortality rates that have little statistical validity but frighten the heck out of people.

I wrote last week that the vast majority of victims have one or more underlying health conditions and this week has also seen reports that many victims died due to these conditions rather than anything specifically induced by the Coronavirus.

It just so happens that they have COVID–19 as well as other problems.

There is no question that this virus is bad but there are many worse things at work in the world and we don’t bring everything to a shuddering halt to deal with them.

And yes, some government response to this latest peril is warranted but the long-term implications of what governments across the globe are doing cannot be ignored.

In times of crisis or uncertainty, it is more important than ever to adhere to principle to inform important decisions.

Unfortunately this has been ignored as political types try to fix the problems they created by trying to fix other problems which they created trying to fix…

You get the picture.

I never imagined Australian’s would be banned from going to the beach or the footy. Who could predict that property rights would be violated to such an extent that government simply tells people it’s okay not to pay rent and then prevents property owners from evicting them.

Until this week I thought rationing of basic foodstuffs was the preserve of communist dictatorships.

The Greens political party would be cheering the implementation of their policy increase the dole but even couldn't dream it would double..

Personally I find it hard to understand the need to double payments for those who weren’t working in the first place and now don’t have to pay any rent and have no jobs to even apply for.

I suppose they can spend more on those ’essentials’ at the few stores actually open through the great beneficence of the government.

It all comes at a heavy price which will be in the form of a one trillion dollar national debt that will be met by future generations as capitalism and ancient liberties are forever changed.

The tsunami of borrowed stimulus money washing across the country is simply a salve designed to ease the pain of a politically cauterised economy.

The political left have seen their big government dreams come true with more and more citizens dependent on the state than ever before.

Trust me when I tell you this will not end well for any of us.

Actually, that’s not quite true. There is one group of people who are largely unaffected by this crisis. That’s the government workers and the politicians.

Their jobs are secure and their pay has been unaffected. It must be a great comfort that they can be spared the worst of their policy experiments which will have massive long-term implications for the rest of us.

Until next week

ca945f43-daf6-4657-9e54-2fd26c1ac5ff.jpg

P.S – Last weeks email prompted another deluge of responses. I read them all (as i do every week) and try to respond where I can. While in lockdown, I am working on a means to more fully engage and strengthen the common sense community. There's strength in numbers so stick with us and encourage your friends to subscribe at www.corybernardi.com [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

“Government workers” in the U.K. have been on a pay freeze since the
2008/09 banking collapse, so they certainly don’t win in situations like this. Ok their jobs are far more secure but they are on for another pay freeze lasting years. It’s why I took redundancy from the civil service in 2016. Might be a wrong decision in hindsight now

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] We Live in Interesting Times [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Hi Lebbo73

The Chinese have a saying ‘may you live in interesting times’. They certainly got their wish.

No-one I have spoken to can recall anything quite like what we are experiencing now. However, despite the induced hysteria, the past week has seen some evidence that the alarmism attached to COVID–19 and the global response has been way over the top.

The catastrophic danger peddled by much of the media is increasingly being exposed as statistical manipulation.

In some countries with high mortality rates, they only count those who are hospitalised as Corona cases. This conveniently ignores many who have the virus but much less severe (or even zero) symptoms.

This generates headline mortality rates that have little statistical validity but frighten the heck out of people.

I wrote last week that the vast majority of victims have one or more underlying health conditions and this week has also seen reports that many victims died due to these conditions rather than anything specifically induced by the Coronavirus.

It just so happens that they have COVID–19 as well as other problems.

There is no question that this virus is bad but there are many worse things at work in the world and we don’t bring everything to a shuddering halt to deal with them.

And yes, some government response to this latest peril is warranted but the long-term implications of what governments across the globe are doing cannot be ignored.

In times of crisis or uncertainty, it is more important than ever to adhere to principle to inform important decisions.

Unfortunately this has been ignored as political types try to fix the problems they created by trying to fix other problems which they created trying to fix…

You get the picture.

I never imagined Australian’s would be banned from going to the beach or the footy. Who could predict that property rights would be violated to such an extent that government simply tells people it’s okay not to pay rent and then prevents property owners from evicting them.

Until this week I thought rationing of basic foodstuffs was the preserve of communist dictatorships.

The Greens political party would be cheering the implementation of their policy increase the dole but even couldn't dream it would double..

Personally I find it hard to understand the need to double payments for those who weren’t working in the first place and now don’t have to pay any rent and have no jobs to even apply for.

I suppose they can spend more on those ’essentials’ at the few stores actually open through the great beneficence of the government.

It all comes at a heavy price which will be in the form of a one trillion dollar national debt that will be met by future generations as capitalism and ancient liberties are forever changed.

The tsunami of borrowed stimulus money washing across the country is simply a salve designed to ease the pain of a politically cauterised economy.

The political left have seen their big government dreams come true with more and more citizens dependent on the state than ever before.

Trust me when I tell you this will not end well for any of us.

Actually, that’s not quite true. There is one group of people who are largely unaffected by this crisis. That’s the government workers and the politicians.

Their jobs are secure and their pay has been unaffected. It must be a great comfort that they can be spared the worst of their policy experiments which will have massive long-term implications for the rest of us.

Until next week

ca945f43-daf6-4657-9e54-2fd26c1ac5ff.jpg

P.S – Last weeks email prompted another deluge of responses. I read them all (as i do every week) and try to respond where I can. While in lockdown, I am working on a means to more fully engage and strengthen the common sense community. There's strength in numbers so stick with us and encourage your friends to subscribe at www.corybernardi.com [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Cory Bernardi ******* lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing golf is a low level risk sport

That’s not the point to why we are social distancing. You could be infected and not even know it. Governments aren’t making these rules to make our lives miserable.

You’ve spoken about golfing and going out during this period but you haven’t spoken about visiting your family members and given your age, I am guessing some of them would be elderly. So knowing that you simply don’t care about going out during this period, have you visited your family members? If the answer is no, then why not?

Last edited:
Cory Bernardi ffs
I for some reason decided to read all that. Agreed with only one small point.

To me it does seem utterly bizarre to double benefits to those who were already unemployed, when they now also don’t have to pay rent. sure there would be heaps of honest people who were out of work on benefits in their mind hopefully temporarily, but not a fan of the many who are welfare bludgers now getting a deluge of cash for no good reason with barely a store to spend it in.

It was intended for the millions now stood down who by actively participating in the workforce had become accustomed to an expense level commensurate to their income so putting those people on the normal payment rate would cut too deep for many Australian families.

I for some reason decided to read all that. Agreed with only one small point.

To me it does seem utterly bizarre to double benefits to those who were already unemployed, when they now also don’t have to pay rent. sure there would be heaps of honest people who were out of work on benefits in their mind hopefully temporarily, but not a fan of the many who are welfare bludgers now getting a deluge of cash for no good reason with barely a store to spend it in.

It was intended for the millions now stood down who by actively participating in the workforce had become accustomed to an expense level commensurate to their income so putting those people on the normal payment rate would cut too deep for many Australian families.
The time needed to means test those applying would probably take longer than the money it saves. Better to give people assistance as quickly as possible.

That’s not the point to why we are social distancing. You could be injected and not even know it. Governments aren’t making these rules to make our lives miserable.

You’ve spoken about golfing and going out during this period but you haven’t spoken about visiting your family members and given your age, I am guessing some of them would be elderly. So knowing that you simply don’t care about going out during this period, have you visited your family members? If the answer is no, then why not?
Will you still go visit and be around elderly people/family as normal?
My parents and parents in law won’t let us. If I lived in England and Liverpool were allowed to play tonight, I’d be there without hesitation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back