Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

When there are people who think that a footballer should kick a ball around for the entertainment of a television audience and risk infecting their young children and family members just because they earn a lot of money, did you expect any different?

I think players should be allowed/given the choice whether to play or not if/when the season resumes (which seems to be the later)

What some of the do not play players seem to fully understand, is the longer there is no football, the harder hit (financially) their club's will be and by extension , their livelihoods.

Yes naturally lives and safety should always come first, but I am worried about the long term financial impact this will have on clubs (esp for lower division teams)

It's almost inevitable we will see more clubs go the way of Bury FC due to the impact of COVID19 and that really is a depressing thought.

Does anyone have any update on Bundesliga testing numbers?
Hasn't been much publicity which is surprising either way. I know the Bundesliga wanted to control the message for the first wave of tests but it leaked out, so surprising the same hasn't happened.

Dresden have had a few more positives, but the bulk of their squad is ready to come back.

Hasn't been much publicity which is surprising either way. I know the Bundesliga wanted to control the message for the first wave of tests but it leaked out, so surprising the same hasn't happened.

Dresden have had a few more positives, but the bulk of their squad is ready to come back.

I could imagine it would be big news either way: either explosion of positive tests which is big news or no dramatic change after a round of games which is also big significant news, so yes very odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sad and wholly avoidable

Liverpool's tie against Atletico Madrid 'led to 41 additional deaths'

https://mol.im/a/8352021

In hindsight that game should have been either played behind closed doors or postponed, but it's easy to work out a best course of action in hindsight.

In hindsight that game should have been either played behind closed doors or postponed, but it's easy to work out a best course of action in hindsight.

Shouldn't have been played at all. Madrid mayor advised Atletico for fans not to travel. Jurg was not comfortable playing the match. Easy to say in hindsight like you say.

To be fair, a few on here (ADL) were saying that at the time.

So let me get this straight, Leeds will go up as Champions of the Championship if the rest of the season is called off (51 percent of clubs vote not to continue) under the FA's Weighted Points system?

In that case Hull may be inadvertently helping us out lol.

So let me get this straight, Leeds will go up as Champions of the Championship if the rest of the season is called off (51 percent of clubs vote not to continue) under the FA's Weighted Points system?

In that case Hull may be inadvertently helping us out lol.

The season isn't going to be voided. Two options left are play it out or conclude it with no further games. Hull obviously don't get relegated with the second option, don't think they care too much about Leeds going up.

I don’t know about that, wasn’t it on the insistence from UEFA that the match be played? I could be wrong.

Match was cleared to go ahead by UEFA and the British government, was not Liverpool's decision.

This has been a concern of mine for quite some time.

Yep, devastation of the industry is a real possibility. Resumption of football as soon as medically safe needs to happen.

Hey guys let try and be civil with each other a bit more, saying posters on here want people to die so they can see a trophy is going a bit to far. I don't want to start banning posters.

I actually self deleted my post because I got confused and thought I double posted it in the thread because I couldn’t see the actual post I quoted but then I realized almost immediately that you did the deleting yourself. :D

I do feel sorry for Liverpool fans. The gloss has well and truly been taken off their remarkable season. They will “win” the trophy after a group of emotionally checked out players force themselves to play in front of no crowds, whilst the coronavirus pandemic continues to devastate the world. Rotten luck the timing of everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back