Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty disgusting to be honest.

I'm sure all these staff could be kept if the players donated a weeks wage to them.
Would have been great PR for the players if they took the common folk under their wings and donated a little of their monsters pay checks.

Geez PEA on his £250k a week could easily help dozens.

Would have been great PR for the players if they took the common folk under their wings and donated a little of their monsters pay checks.

Geez PEA on his £250k a week could easily help dozens.
Yeah and he wouldn't even notice if it was missing.

Pathetic from Arsenal and good to see it called out by their supporters. A few on here didn't see any issue with either relying on government support or making staff redundant early in this health crisis, but glad it's becoming a more common view that football clubs are acting pretty selfishly in some of these actions. I have no doubt Arsenal will be making signings regardless.

They should just scrap the comp.

No reason at all to do that. Atletico players and staff had a break after the league finished. There is a good chance those two positives are for players / staff that have had no recent close contact with the squad.

Further to this virus transmission in outdoor environments is rare. A friend of my wifes is a contact tracing nurse, nearly all virus transmissions are found to happen indooors at either the workplace or at home. That, the exhaustive testing protocol and extensive cleaning standards are the reason why the positive virus rate in England over the PL / Championship was under 0.1% despite some claiming there would be a breakout of the virus amongst footballers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Null and void! (I’m joking!)
Wouldn't bother me tbh. It's nice seeing City play but the competition is so compromised any success we have in it isn't going to mean much.

I would have scrapped the lot of them.

Shame you weren't in charge to prevent the explosion of positive cases the resumption of football brought on in the domestic season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back